Historical Xmas present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I said:

I do wonder what Pierre thinks anyone can possibly discuss about a document they've never seen which supposedly contains at least one false statement (or lie) which no-one has any idea about.

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
      Confirmation (should it be required) that Pierre simply cannot read any form of text properly.

Words in plain English somehow get twisted in his head to mean whatever he thinks they should mean.
      David is fixated on me again. He feels he has to comment on everything I say and he reads and comments everything I write here. David spends enormous amounts of time reading my posts and commenting on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        I can discuss whatever I want, David. I can speculate about sources if I want to. What I do in a forum is not relevant. What is relevant is my research.
        Pierre,

I'm afraid you are turning out to be the most recalcitrant of pupils. If you continue to misbehave I shall require you, as a penance, to translate Euclid's Elements, a geometrical treatise comprosing 13 volumes, into Latin.
        Last edited by John G; 12-25-2016, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          Here's what I said:

I do wonder what Pierre thinks anyone can possibly discuss about a document they've never seen which supposedly contains at least one false statement (or lie) which no-one has any idea about.
          David can not help himself wondering what I think. He does it all the time. He has nothing better to do than to follow me here and read everything I write.

Comment

David can not help himself wondering what I think. He does it all the time. He has nothing better to do than to follow me here and read everything I write.
            I suppose I should be grateful that Pierre has at least understood me (on his second attempt) even if he hasn't quite grasped the fundamental point that it's impossible for anyone here to sensibly discuss with him his non-existent "xmas present".
            Last edited by David Orsam; 12-25-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

"Twinkle, twinkle little bat! How I wonder what you're at! Up above the world you fly, Like a tea-tray in the sky." (Lewis Carroll)

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                "It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." (William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 5).
                As is everything he posts.

Remember he took months to even decide what field his qualification is in.

He just likes playing silly little games.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  As is everything he posts.

Remember he took months to even decide what field his qualification is in.

He just likes playing silly little games.
                  No, GUT: that is your own mistake. I am an historian and a sociologist. You have constantly had problems with understanding this.

Pierre

Comment

No, GUT: that is your own mistake. I am an historian and a sociologist. You have constantly had problems with understanding this.

Pierre
                    Without a tiny bit of proof you are either in fact, based on your posts Historian can be almost totally ruled out.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Pierre
                      Yes, that's all very well, but what I'm really interested in is: how proficient are you at making Christmas puddings?

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                        Yes, that's all very well, but what I'm really interested in is: how proficient are you at making Christmas puddings?
                        I make a mean Pud, think P-error might do something else with his.
                        G U T

Comment

I make a mean Pud, think P-error might do something else with his.
                          I've got a feeling you may be right there, GUT!

Comment

Hate to revive a Pierre thread, but as predicted six months after Christmas, still no sign of his promised present.

Isn't it time to say enough.

Nothing constructive ever gets discussed here anymore, just this foolishness of I know something you don't nah nah, nah nah, nah.
                            G U T

Comment

Hate to revive a Pierre thread, but as predicted six months after Christmas, still no sign of his promised present.

Isn't it time to say enough.

Nothing constructive ever gets discussed here anymore, just this foolishness of I know something you don't nah nah, nah nah, nah.
                              Surely you get it by now: it's Pierre - so the present isn't the principle purpose of the post, it's the promise. Forgive my inadvertent alliteration.

Pierre is a charlatan and a fraud who loves attention. He always rants against David, but in fact without David demolishing him at every turn I think he would shrivel and wither away for lack of attention.

David is actually Pierre's psychological life-support.

Comment

I meant 'principal' rather than 'principle' - apologies, and I can't imagine how I could've allowed the word 'principle' to creep into a post addressed to Pierre, who famously has none.

Comment

Working...
                                X