• Show
Clear All

• Murder by Decree on ITV3 in 10 minutes

For other UK Insomniacs.....
    Steve

Hi Steve
    many thanks for that - this is one I've been after recording for ages

Comment

Ah, yes! The ORIGINAL "From Hell," though with Sherlock Holmes instead of La Depp and poor Mary Kelly being... Ahem... Less "plucky" than she appears in 2001 film... Still, this is probably the most accurate of all Ripper films in terms of portraying the prostitutes.
      What's all this then?

Comment

Just realised the James Mason connection - having visited the Hanbury Street site in The London Nobody Knows. Murder by Decree was made in 1979 - what year was London Nobody Knows made??

Comment

Hi Chris. According to IMDb.com "The London Nobody Knows" was released in 1967.
          "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
            Hi Chris. According to IMDb.com "The London Nobody Knows" was released in 1967.
            And I saw it then!....As supporting feature to a 'Carry-On' film.....
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
              Just realised the James Mason connection - having visited the Hanbury Street site in The London Nobody Knows. Murder by Decree was made in 1979 - what year was London Nobody Knows made??

Another link with "M.B.D" and the actual Ripper case is Lees being played by Donald Sutherland, and in overall charge of the Ripper squad was Donald Sutherland Swanson.

The sets and costumes beat "From Hell" hands down !!! A great film.

Comment

Murder by Decree - just starting on ITV3 now

Coral

Comment

"You squashed my pea..."

I like this film, I must say.

Comment

My favourite Ripper film, and my favourite Holmes and Watson pairing.
                    Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                      "You squashed my pea..."
                      LOL The look on James Mason's face when Plummer does that is classic!
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                      X