No announcement yet.

Is this the right Hutchinson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sally that's fab thank you! When you were looking into George did you find any other likely candidates as GH? Was there any indication of his age etc given by the police description of him that might help? Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrypn View Post
      Thanks GUT! I think Pat said that they were, although I could be mistaken I suppose it will be difficult to prove absolutely who he was.
      Sorry my last post wasn't perhaps expressed as well as it should have been, your GH and Pat's GH may [or may not] be one and the same, what I would need a lot more to persuade me is if he, or either of them, are the witness GH.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Ah I see what you mean sorry GUT! Yes I think it would be extremely difficult to determine absolutely who he was unfortunately

Comment

Ah I see what you mean sorry GUT! Yes I think it would be extremely difficult to determine absolutely who he was unfortunately
          G'day Kerrypn

No need to be sorry it was my fault for not expressing myself somewhat better, I was [as is usual for me dong 3 or 4 things at once].
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Oooh thanks Pat that would be great, I couldn't find his marriage record! Am I on the right person then?

Not sure, The fact that he lived down near Breezers Hill where Mary Jane Kelly lived makes it possible. He said he had known her about three years.

Here is his signature from wedding.

Pat..............
            Hi Pat.
            Here are another few examples of 'Hutchinson' signatures:

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks a lot Wickerman! I am in awe of people who can match handwriting, they all look so similar!

Comment

I also have a bit of a query with regards to Kelly's murder. I wonder if Eddowes was in fact JTR's "ultimate offence", that's the one he really satisfied his urges, his adrenaline already pumping from Stride* , the increased risk of being caught and JTR carries out some pretty comprehensive mutilations, including of course the face. When JTR murders Kelly, he has of course the time to fulfil his desires fully...however, what if Kelly's murder was not quite living up to the satisfaction he got from Eddowes, so he escalates, he mutilates the face reminiscent of Eddowes to recreate the scene for himself, he makes bizarre mutilations perhaps not as tidy as seen previously and escalates and escalates, but the relative safety of the indoors scene does not provide him with the same satisfaction as the outdoor slayings, as the risk of capture is much lower. What I am getting it in a very waffle way, is, Was Kelly assaulted so extensively as JTR tried to equal the satisfaction from Eddowes and was unable to do so? If so, do you think this would make whether JTR knew Eddowes more important than whether he knew MJK?

*(Im going to assume that Stride is a victim, I am not convinced, I feel some aspects of her injuries/murder may have strongly proven her to be a JTR victim that may not have been publicised)

Comment

Sally that's fab thank you! When you were looking into George did you find any other likely candidates as GH? Was there any indication of his age etc given by the police description of him that might help? Thanks so much for your help!
                  Hi kerrypn,

No, I don't think a likely candidate for GH has turned up yet. As to indication of age, I have heard that Bob Hinton may have come across a reference to GH having been 28 at the time; but I'm afraid that I don't know what the source of this information was.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Bob's research partner found a newspaper reference to his age, but then lost it and couldn't find it again.

Comment

Hi.
                      We appear to have forgotten the obvious candidate.
                      Who else has come forward and declared himself to be George Hutchinson,since the murders happened.then George William Topping Hutchinson?
                      Answer Nobody...
                      Who else made a comment that he was paid One hundred shillings, but topping.?
                      The reference to a payment was only printed in a rare sheet from 1888, that was only discovered , in relatively recent years...certainly after the book 'The Ripper and the Royals was published in 1992, that made reference to it..
                      Only the real Hutchinson would know about a payment. because he received it.
                      The Hutchinson family, including Topping's brother, knew of the account for many years..but we on Casebook. are still running around like headless chickens, looking for the witness, when we already know who he was..
                      The word ' Blinkers'' springs to mind...all roads lead to suspicion , and focuses entirely on mistrust, and the truth is pushed aside,,
                      Regards Richard.

Comment

But Richard,....100 Shillings?
                        This, in a time when 15 Shillings a week was good pay?
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          But Richard,....100 Shillings?
                          This, in a time when 15 Shillings a week was good pay?
                          That's only about 6 weeks pay though, so not really that much, like a reward of 5,000 today.
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            That's only about 6 weeks pay though, so not really that much, like a reward of 5,000 today.
                            But you get a reward for finding him, not for looking for him.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              But you get a reward for finding him, not for looking for him.
                              Actually Jeff I know here sometimes rewards will be given just for helping the police.

But yes 100 quid dos seem a bit steep.

Ithink that there were a few rewards offered or suggested in JtR and all up they were about 1,000l for information leading to arrest
                              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                Actually Jeff I know here sometimes rewards will be given just for helping the police.

But yes 100 quid dos seem a bit steep.

Ithink that there were a few rewards offered or suggested in JtR and all up they were about 1,000l for information leading to arrest
                                Topping may have meant the value in the day's currency which was, if I remember, 1972-ish when he spoke of it.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X