No announcement yet.

Health update and upcoming stay in hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work on a Haematology unit (I'm one of the unpopular ones that sticks a needle in occasionally but I presume you have a Hickman line or some such)
    Use the mouthwash , drink when you don't want to and most important of all demand a special menu. You'll get it if you shout loud enough
    All the best
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
      I work on a Haematology unit (I'm one of the unpopular ones that sticks a needle in occasionally but I presume you have a Hickman line or some such)
      Use the mouthwash , drink when you don't want to and most important of all demand a special menu. You'll get it if you shout loud enough
      All the best
      Andy
      Hi Andy
      Many thanks for your message:-)
      I have my Hickman line fitted next Tuesday as well as the preparatory scans for the TBI
      Fortunately the food at the Royal Marsden is excellent anyway:-)
      I am the hospital Monday to Wednesay next week and then admitted for the transplant on 15 September
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
        Hi Andy
        Many thanks for your message:-)
        I have my Hickman line fitted next Tuesday as well as the preparatory scans for the TBI
        Fortunately the food at the Royal Marsden is excellent anyway:-)
        I am the hospital Monday to Wednesay next week and then admitted for the transplant on 15 September
        Chris
        Gee Chris, I am sorry to read this. Sounds like a very trying time you are going through. My sincere wishes for a quick and sound recovery.

Comment

best wishes Chris for a full recovery x

Comment

Thanks to all for the good wishes:-)
            I was in hospital all last week and the Hickman line and preparatory scans went without incident.
            I go in for the long stay this coming Sunday (15th) and the actual stem cell transplant will be on the following Thursday.
            I will have my laptop with me and so will be able to keep in touch both with the message boards and e-mails
            Thanks again to all
            Chris

Comment

Hi Chris, I hope you recover well and on Sunday I will wish you well and light a candle for you, all the best

Niko.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I've only just found out about the update on your health and please forgive me for not writing before.

Today is the 15th and so you are probably already in hospital for the start of your longer stay. I hope everything goes perfectly for you. I'll be thinking of you and praying that you will have a full recovery.

With love from Carol xxxx

Comment

Thinking of you Chris-not heard from you in a while but delighted to know you are doing so well-[thought you would somehow].Love and Best Wishes Norma x

Comment

Hi, Chris! Sorry to only just hear of your illness. (I really haven't been able to keep updated on the boards as much as I would like for the last few months.) I really haven't had much of a chance to talk with you on the boards, but the podcasts with you are amongst my favorites. Hope the transplant went well and you're recovering better than expected. Looking forward to hearing that you've found more information on Diemschitz (or Boyer, or McKenzie, etc)!

Best Wishes,
                    C.F. Leon

Comment

Working...
                    X