• Show
Clear All

• Obama wins!

....The rest of the world vote.

Except Pakistan.

My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

I can see Pakistan supporting Romney. It is Central Asia's oppressive redneck country.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

On German TV the Tea Party has been called "The American Talibans". By German and American journalists alike.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

Almost as important as Obama's win is the relieving news that many of Republican candidates who crawled into the mire with the Teabaggers were shown the door.

Hopefully the Republicans will finally start taking David Frum's advice.
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Hello you all!

A sarcastic friend of mine told me four years ago, that Obama will be gunned down even before his inauguration.

I thought, that the southern US people will make sure, that a n.... won't be elected, trying to put it politely.

This time I was sure, that the same people will make sure, that Obama won't be re-elected.

I't nice to be wrong!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Yes, there weren't enough people concerned about oppressive state corporatist medicine to make up for those sick of the rich spitting in their faces.

Hopefully, things won't get so bad now that some demagogue will rise to power.
            Last edited by sdreid; 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              Yes, there weren't enough people concerned about oppressive state corporatist medicine to make up for those sick of the rich spitting in their faces.

Hopefully, things won't get so bad now that some demagogue will rise to power.
              Im still hopeful for Republicans. Right now the financial situation of the Federal Government is a mess, but its not yet broken. At the local level Republicans seem to be benefiting from the financial meltdown of city's and states . I see no reason as to why this wont happen at national level. Let Republicans drive the fiscal bus off the cliff with the help of these big spending Democrats. Lets see where the pieces fall.

Also, its not a surprise that any President who spends $5 trillion more than he received in taxes gets re-elected. Obama, instead of hope and change, is just a traditional big spending pork barrel politician. His administration is the ultimate sugar daddy.
              Last edited by jason_c; 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I can't believe Michele Bachmann managed to keep her job.

The woman's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                  Hello you all!

A sarcastic friend of mine told me four years ago, that Obama will be gunned down even before his inauguration.

I thought, that the southern US people will make sure, that a n.... won't be elected, trying to put it politely.

This time I was sure, that the same people will make sure, that Obama won't be re-elected.

I't nice to be wrong!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  As one of the southern US people, I feel I should point out that we break down just like every other state. Cities vote liberal, rural votes conservative. It's true in Tennessee, Iowa, California and New York. We just have more rural. But even in Tennessee, Romney only won by 54 percent.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                    Almost as important as Obama's win is the relieving news that many of Republican candidates who crawled into the mire with the Teabaggers were shown the door.
                    ..along with the Christian Right'eous

Gotta get this off my chest...
                    There was one woman being interviewed on tv, when asked if she was concerned about Global Warming she responded:
                    "...no, Jesus is about to return and take all the good people with him so who cares what happens to the planet".

More evidence that you should pass an IQ test before you are allowed to vote.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The Republicans need to wise up and get rid of the f*cking Tea Party, and move towards the middle. What Clinton did for the Democrats in 1992.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

If there's anything worse than a sore loser, it's a sore winner. Why are you all so bitter? Is your life that ugly?
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Not bitter in the least, though my life has been indeed a bit ugly of lately. It's called embarrassment.
                          Real relieved that Mitt Romney will go back home (well, to one of the six or seven homes he has) and we'll never have to see him again.

Truth of the matter is, the GOP didn't really embrace Romney as a candidate. If they had really wanted him, they would have picked him in 2008, when they rejected him in favor of a 72-year old guy they had already rejected in 2000.
                          Romney got rejected repeatedly in the primary season. The GOP tried handing the ball to Michele Bachmann (lol), Rick Perry, Herman Cain, and Rick Santorum. They even told Newt Gingrich to suit up and get in the game.

Romney has taken far too many stances contrary to post-Gingrich Conservatism back in his wilder, younger days (i.e., in his late 40s).
                          He has been the CEO of a company that shut down other companies, at a time when jobs was the #1 issue (as they still are).
                          He wrote an essay titled Let Detroit go bankrupt in the midst of the auto industry bailout controversy.
                          He could not stand behind his signature achievement as governor in Massachusetts (health care reform arranged with Ted Kennedy), because Obama co-opted it.

Not even getting into the Tea Party/abortion hysteria thing, which had the entire Europe collectively palming their face.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

For those winding down from election night:

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              ..along with the Christian Right'eous

Gotta get this off my chest...
                              There was one woman being interviewed on tv, when asked if she was concerned about Global Warming she responded:
                              "...no, Jesus is about to return and take all the good people with him so who cares what happens to the planet".

More evidence that you should pass an IQ test before you are allowed to vote.
                              When I worked at Vanderbilt University several years back, I was chatting with a student about the weather, and I said "Gotta love global warming" since it was January, and about 75 degrees. And she said, this student at a prestigious university "There's no such thing as Global Warming. Hell is getting closer!"
                              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X