No announcement yet.

Does anything rule Bury out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem John. If you ask me Bury gets overlooked because he was some ordinary loser and not some Royal or a famous painter etc.

Cheers John

Comment

• I agree.

Nail the word "royal" to anything and a lot of folks will take an interest in it.

Bury was a low life thug, born in Boring old Miles from Anywhere Interesting and not even Remotely Royal Stourbridge.

And don't forget he lived the huge and insurmountable distance of a gentle 45 minute stroll from the ripper murder sites. How I love that argument against his candidacy.

Admittedly his nonsensical behaviour in Dundee after he murdered Ellen is a major detractor. But even taking this into account Bury is the best suspect there has been so far along with A N Other.

John

Comment

• Thanks for that everybody. I have only come across Bury a few times so its good to learn a little more.
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by johns View Post
          And don't forget he lived the huge and insurmountable distance of a gentle 45 minute stroll from the ripper murder sites. How I love that argument against his candidacy.
          To John

Yes the insurmountable distance of a gentle 45 minute stroll from the ripper murder sites for a 28 year old. With I'm assuming plenty of pubs on the route for a rest and a drink. And of course Bury also had the option to use his horse and cart.

Cheers John

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
            Yes the insurmountable distance of a gentle 45 minute stroll from the ripper murder sites for a 28 year old. With I'm assuming plenty of pubs on the route for a rest and a drink. And of course Bury also had the option to use his horse and cart.
            Bury’s sawdust route could have taken him into Whitechapel. I’d be very surprised if the horse and cart weren’t somehow involved. The sawdust route would have given him an excuse for being in the area.

A sack of sawdust (if that’s how the sawdust was stored) would have been an excellent place to hide a long knife, an organ-containing pouch and trinkets from his victims.
            “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
            http://www.williambury.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
              Bury’s sawdust route could have taken him into Whitechapel. I’d be very surprised if the horse and cart weren’t somehow involved. The sawdust route would have given him an excuse for being in the area.

A sack of sawdust (if that’s how the sawdust was stored) would have been an excellent place to hide a long knife, an organ-containing pouch and trinkets from his victims.
              AND the cart would have been a great place to stumble back to, climb aboard and sleep off a drunk and perhaps even hide during the manhunts following the murders.

If the police were accustomed to seeing him sleeping off a drunk, would they have attempted to awaken him on those nights one of the women was killed?

Comment

• Am I correct in saying Bury had no medical training (at least to our knowledge)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                  Am I correct in saying Bury had no medical training (at least to our knowledge)?
                  Yes. Although Bury was at one point a horse meat butcher which would mean he had some anatomical knowledge.

Cheers John

Comment

Yes. Although Bury was at one point a horse meat butcher which would mean he had some anatomical knowledge.

Cheers John
                    Yeah, horse anatomical knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                      Yeah, horse anatomical knowledge.
                      Obviously. I'm not sure how useful this would be when mutilating a human.

Cheers John

Comment

Obviously. I'm not sure how useful this would be when mutilating a human.

Cheers John

In biology we learn about evolutionarily conserved traits so there is a similarity between mammals on some level, but when it comes equines and humans, the common ancestor they shared is extremely old and the variations between them quite significant in size and location. It's only helpful from an evolutionary point of view. Now having said that... I think a vet could if pushed do something very close to what a doctor could do in some surgical cases. However I don't think a doctor could, if pushed, do what a vet does. That has to do with the fact vets are trained for multiple species types, while doctors work on just one species, homo sapien (Well mammals that is, as viruses, bacterias etc., are also species).

In short, my answer would be, animal slaughter doesn't give one a clue about human anatomy, but vet studies would.

Comment

• To Batman

Interesting reply.

Cheers John

Comment

• To Batman

Although presumably a horse meat butcher would be used to hacking and slashing meat and removing organs. Much like Jack did.

Cheers John

Comment

To Batman

Although presumably a horse meat butcher would be used to hacking and slashing meat and removing organs. Much like Jack did.

Cheers John
                              Most of the mutilation is just that, but some is not and that 'is not' part is convicing many including myself that hack and grab doesn't cut it when it comes to kidney extraction, heart removal from below with a top severing and a few others things of importance on the big medical thread here.

Comment

• To Batman

But is there anything to suggest that a horse meat butcher couldn't learn how to cleanly remove organs from his work. Also we might expect Jack to do some research into human anatomy.

Cheers John

Comment

Working...
                                X