The access to Marys room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    It struck me that McCarthy should have had a spare key, which if true makes it all the more puzzling that he forced the door at the request of the police.
    Not that puzzling,
    The only key McCarthy had was probably given to the perpetrators a few days earlier, and was expecting to get it back that morning, instead of having to retrieve it from being left in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Yes Jon, I can only assume that he did have a key, but in the time available failed to find it, and had to prise open the door.
      Given the circumstances, I think McCarthy can be forgiven for not thinking clearly and logically.

c.d.

Comment

It's possible that McCarthy was ordered to open the door and in the excitement mistook a pickaxe for his key, but seems more likely to me that he simply didn't have a copy.
        Is it possible that the police found the key somewhere in the room during their search? Whenever I lose my key it always turns up eventually somewhere in the house.

Comment

It's possible, Joshua, but
          1. It was a small room.
          2. At the inquest Abberline said that he'd taken an inventory of the room's contents.

Comment

Perhaps Mary swallowed the key, and the killer was trying to get it back?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              It's possible, Joshua, but
              1. It was a small room.
              2. At the inquest Abberline said that he'd taken an inventory of the room's contents.
              Hi,
              Of course he didn't mention any key, that would possibly raise un -welcome questions .
              The plan being that on the morning the police arrived, one of them should have had the key with them and just go in.
              Hence the long drawn out confusion in what to do next.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                Hi,
                Of course he didn't mention any key, that would possibly raise un -welcome questions .
                The plan being that on the morning the police arrived, one of them should have had the key with them and just go in.
                Hence the long drawn out confusion in what to do next.

regards
                I imagine there's an overall theory behind these interjections that I am not familiar with.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I imagine there's an overall theory behind these interjections that I am not familiar with.
                  Hi Wickerman,
                  Indeed there is, but more of an idea really, and it's a cracker.
                  But rather than write it all again and plus the fact I'm still working on it, you can find the basics on the "who chose the murder sites" thread 193 and 92 and dotted about on other threads.
                  But simply JTR killed Nichols,Chapman,Eddowes and possibly Stride.
                  The killer ( who ever he was ) was either caught or identity known soon after the double event.
                  The Millers court murder (?) Was something completely differentt....a hoax but made to look like a Ripper Murder.

Merry xmas and regards.

Comment

Hi Wickerman,
                    Indeed there is, but more of an idea really, and it's a cracker.
                    But rather than write it all again and plus the fact I'm still working on it, you can find the basics on the "who chose the murder sites" thread 193 and 92 and dotted about on other threads.
                    But simply JTR killed Nichols,Chapman,Eddowes and possibly Stride.
                    The killer ( who ever he was ) was either caught or identity known soon after the double event.
                    The Millers court murder (?) Was something completely differentt....a hoax but made to look like a Ripper Murder.

Merry xmas and regards.
                    Shame your theory is wrong.

Comment

I'll take whatever this guy's smokin'.

Comment

Who produced the missing key?

Don't forget that Bowyer was there around 3 something in the morning visiting the well if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                          Who produced the missing key?
                          Don't forget that Bowyer was there around 3 something in the morning visiting the well if I remember correctly
                          That my thread question Rocky, and no post has answered it.
                          Michael Richards

Comment

It struck me that McCarthy should have had a spare key, which if true makes it all the more puzzling that he forced the door at the request of the police.
                            Well, he might have, Jon, but it was hardly the most salubrious of establishments, and the occupants often the most reliable of characters. Keys - spare or otherwise - might have gone missing fairly frequently.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hello Sam,

Nice to see you back and posting again! You have always been one of the more level headed individuals on these boards.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Well, he might have, Jon, but it was hardly the most salubrious of establishments, and the occupants often the most reliable of characters. Keys - spare or otherwise - might have gone missing fairly frequently.
                                I suspect there were more than a few midnight flits, and the key went too.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X