Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    You are not fooling many.
    Okay, so why was "Jack the Ripper" was punishing his victims?

What had they done to bring on such punishment?

I look forward to reading your answer based entirely on primary sources.

Comment

• Hi David,
      'They all love Bruce' (:-))
      A very well written Critique. I couldn't disagree with anything you've said. I'll recommend it.
      Best regards.
      wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

• Originally posted by wigngown View Post
        Hi David,
        'They all love Bruce' (:-))
        A very well written Critique. I couldn't disagree with anything you've said. I'll recommend it.
        Best regards.
        Very kind of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          Okay, so why was "Jack the Ripper" was punishing his victims?

What had they done to bring on such punishment?

I look forward to reading your answer based entirely on primary sources.
          More unanswered questions Pierre. I'll repeat them coz there was a typo in there:

1. Why was "Jack the Ripper" punishing his victims?

2. What had they done to bring on such punishment?

I still look forward to reading your answer based entirely on primary sources.

Comment

• I still say who says he's punishing them? A bear is not punishing the bees whose hive he destroys. He just wants the honey. The bees are merely a nuisance.
            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
              I still say who says he's punishing them? A bear is not punishing the bees whose hive he destroys. He just wants the honey. The bees are merely a nuisance.
              Yep.

A wild animal needs to eat, he's not punishing his prey.

My dog is a great mouser, he is not punishing (though sometimes when the cat plays before killing I wonder) he is following his nature.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Yep.

A wild animal needs to eat, he's not punishing his prey.

My dog is a great mouser, he is not punishing (though sometimes when the cat plays before killing I wonder) he is following his nature.
                Cats kill differently, so require different skillsets. They play with live prey because it benefits them to stay in mousing shape. They also bring back live prey for kittens to learn to stalk and kill. So they are biologically engineered to walk around with something still kicking in their mouth. When they bring us dead "gifts", they are telling us that we are too stupid to keep ourselves alive. They usually start by releasing a chipmunk (or three) in the house, and watch us react hysterically, no one killing the chipmunk. Then they just get worn down and bring us dead things thinking SURELY we can handle that much. And we typically can't. Clearly we humans were not meant to ever strike out on our own with such miserable hunting skills.

Comment

Cats kill differently, so require different skillsets. They play with live prey because it benefits them to stay in mousing shape. They also bring back live prey for kittens to learn to stalk and kill. So they are biologically engineered to walk around with something still kicking in their mouth. When they bring us dead "gifts", they are telling us that we are too stupid to keep ourselves alive. They usually start by releasing a chipmunk (or three) in the house, and watch us react hysterically, no one killing the chipmunk. Then they just get worn down and bring us dead things thinking SURELY we can handle that much. And we typically can't. Clearly we humans were not meant to ever strike out on our own with such miserable hunting skills.
                  We don't have a cat at the moment but she would bring home all sorts of things as gifts for us.

Our dogs are worse, the only real problem was when one of the dals bought home a brown snake. (one of the deadliest in the world, normally comes in at #2), then Echidna's (that's fun can't understand how they carry them home) and plenty of less serious stuff like rabbits and rats, seldom mice they just rip their heads off.

But it's still not punishment.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Our last cat was a very good mouser, but on one occasion she sat expectantly beside a dead mouse's head on the porch. When my daughter and I reacted as you might expect I could almost see her thinking "Ungrateful bitches!"

However, I just can't see Jack as a sadist/torturer. His thing was the grubbing about in his victims' insides after death, collecting a trophy or two. The demise of these women were incidental to him IMO. He didn't want any screaming so he cut their throats quickly and efficiently. He didn't take them off to some lair and treat them before death as, for instance, the Black Dahlia was treated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post

However, I just can't see Jack as a sadist/torturer. His thing was the grubbing about in his victims' insides after death, collecting a trophy or two. The demise of these women were incidental to him IMO. He didn't want any screaming so he cut their throats quickly and efficiently. He didn't take them off to some lair and treat them before death as, for instance, the Black Dahlia was treated.
                      Pretty much nailed it.

Might have been killing two birds with......
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I still say who says he's punishing them? A bear is not punishing the bees whose hive he destroys. He just wants the honey. The bees are merely a nuisance.
                        Hi,

But Jack the Ripper was not a bear.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                          Hi,

But Jack the Ripper was not a bear.

Regards, Pierre
                          Technically no. Ideologically, for all we know he was. We have no idea, none whatsoever what he got out of the act of mutilation. And there are plenty of other serial killers who got absolutely nothing out of that act, because it was a means to an end. It could have simply been a means to an end. Destruction to get to the honey. There is no impulse, not a single one, that animals have that we don't. Being a man doesn't necessarily confer him with some kind of complex motive or modus operandi. It just gives him opposable thumbs.

Comment

Working...
                          X