Steven Wright murdered five prostitutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Wright murdered five prostitutes

Steven Wright murdered five women who worked as prostitutes in Ipswich, Suffolk.

It occurred between 30 October and 10 December 2006. Less than 6 weeks.

I was always interested in if investigators ever learned why this happened but it appears very little if not naught has been said about it, yet one would think something for here could be learned from it.

Does anyone know if investigators ever gained any insight into his motive etc.?
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Steven Wright murdered five women who worked as prostitutes in Ipswich, Suffolk.

It occurred between 30 October and 10 December 2006. Less than 6 weeks.

I was always interested in if investigators ever learned why this happened but it appears very little if not naught has been said about it, yet one would think something for here could be learned from it.

Does anyone know if investigators ever gained any insight into his motive etc.?

Dr Glenn Wilson believed that he strangled his victims to fulfil a long-standing fetish. He considers that Wright found committing the murders sexually exciting and empowering. What I find interesting about this case is that the murders took place within the confines of a relatively small city, Ipswich, with a small red light district. It's amazing how he got away with killing so many victims, particularly as he was murdering extremely frequently. It tends to put things into perspective when you compare the failures of a modern police force in this case with that of the Whitechapel police over a hundred years earlier.

Comment

Interesting...

He was also 48.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
        Interesting...

He was also 48.
        Hi Batman,

Yes, Professor David Wilson believes there may be earlier victims. You might find this documentary interesting, available for streaming, where criminologist and profiler David Wilson discusses the case:
        Last edited by John G; 03-26-2015, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Hello Batman,

There was quite a discussion regarding Wright a while back:

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...ghlight=wright

With counter-contentions by Noel O'Gara and others, including at some point [can't remember whether it was this thread or a subsequent one] the imaginatively titled poster Juan Kerr.

You might want to check the thread out if you're interested in Wright.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Is it terrible that I saw this thread and for a minute thought you meant the comedian Steven Wright......wow

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                Is it terrible that I saw this thread and for a minute thought you meant the comedian Steven Wright......wow

Steadmund Brand
                Also an English radio DJ.

Comment

Working...
                X