Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mrs. E. Nigma View Post
    I don't think elected public office is really any indication of qualification for running this country. Honestly, I live in Oklahoma, and would any of the rest of you stateside want Mary Fallin running this place? No? No one?
    There never will be a perfect solution, but someone who has experienced the election process and served the public will have more respect for the institution than Trump appears to.

I do hold the belief that it should be a requirement that they've served in the military. If you want to be on top, you should have to start at the bottom. Any military branch.
    Trump also managed to avoid national service, so did his eldest son.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      True, but can I walk into a lawyers office and say "I want to work here, where do I sit?"

There has to be some level of qualifications for any position.
      Agreed Jon, but if we are basing our system on party lines, perhaps, and only perhaps we should leave it up to the parties to offer candidates and then elections take place for the best person to fit the vacancy.

The problem with setting levels is shown here in UK(ok i am overseas at present) speaking from experience here, it is almost impossible to be selected as a parliamentary candidate unless one attends university.

You may think great, however that excludes many who are equally capable but for some reason did not attend university.

Indeed I have meet many person with higher IQ's and far more real life experience who have not attended university, than amongst the breed of professional politicians who have never done a real job having graduated from uni with the sole intention of being in politics.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      I thought that was beyond their control?
      Trump decided to run for president without any support from the RNC at the outset.
      I have to show my lack of knowledge here, but how is it possible to say I am running for say the republicans if they do not support you.?

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Short of a nuclear war in the next three weeks I think Trump is done....
      Hillary is now the President in waiting.
      [/QUOTE]

Hope so

steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. E. Nigma View Post

I think he pretty much nails it, but what do we do? How do we fix it? Well, good ol' Ben Franklin had some ideas on that, "We need a revolution every 200 years, because all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years."

We're long over due. Sorry, Ben.

In all seriousness, this whole thing is a mess, and I'm not sure if there's really any hope in fixing it at all. We're all doomed.

Regards,

Erynn
        The U.S. system of democracy affords the chance to effect a revolution every four years, only it is a peaceful one, with one leader handing off to a new leader, or the existing leader being reinstated for another four years. And in this peaceful democratic process, the nominees do not bleat before the election takes place that they have been swindled out of winning.

What Trump is doing speaks volumes about his flawed narcissistic character. Here is a man who can never lose, or, if he does lose, it will never be his fault. It will be everyone else's fault. Another good argument for the man never getting into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He daily shows why he should never be President by his actions and his words. May God save us from this madman.

Best regards

Chris
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

There never will be a perfect solution, but someone who has experienced the election process and served the public will have more respect for the institution than Trump appears to.

Trump also managed to avoid national service, so did his eldest son.
          I don't think either of the front runners have any respect for the institution at all. Trump is a loud mouth idiot, and Hillary is bold faced liar.

Clearly there's not a perfect solution, but the country, as a whole, has to start coming up with something or it's just going to get worse, and the way we come up with stuff is throwing ideas around, right? Can't find solutions if we're not communication, and even the biggest fires only start as a spark.

Plus, the whole military thing definitely has it's faults. FDR never served, and he was pretty O.K. from what I've heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
            The U.S. system of democracy affords the chance to effect a revolution every four years, only it is a peaceful one, with one leader handing off to a new leader, or the existing leader being reinstated for another four years. And in this peaceful democratic process, the nominees do not bleat before the election takes place that they have been swindled out of winning.

What Trump is doing speaks volumes about his flawed narcissistic character. Here is a man who can never lose, or, if he does lose, it will never be his fault. It will be everyone else's fault. Another good argument for the man never getting into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He daily shows why he should never be President by his actions and his words. May God save us from this madman.

Best regards

Chris
            I'm not sure if something I've said has made it seem like I'm a Trump supporter, because I'm not at all. I don't think Trump or Hillary have any business at all being POTUS. What I really don't understand is how anyone is justifying one candidate over the other. They're both just awful. The whole country needs a giant 'do over'.

What do you say, Regis? Throw us a life-line. Can we phone a friend?

It feels like the whole United States has somehow become a contestant on Press Your Luck. Big bucks, no whammies, and stop!

In my ideal world, I think Carson and Sanders would have been the best horses for the race. I'm still not entirely sure how Sanders didn't end up on the ticket, but est quod est.

My prediction is that Clinton takes office, and I don't have any more faith in her than I do Trump.

Comment

• I don't really see what the problem is. If a company makes baked beans that taste foul, no one buys the beans and the company goes bust. If the Republicans and Democrats put up crap candidates, stop buying them. They'll soon get the message.

Every time they have an election, ignore it. Relax. On polling day, have a breakfast fry-up and then watch an old horror film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                I don't really see what the problem is. If a company makes baked beans that taste foul, no one buys the beans and the company goes bust. If the Republicans and Democrats put up crap candidates, stop buying them. They'll soon get the message.

Every time they have an election, ignore it. Relax. On polling day, have a breakfast fry-up and then watch an old horror film.
                Because without a popular vote, the electoral college acts without a balance.

I mean, technically, they just get to pick who they want anyway, but at least if there's a popular vote the people can go, "Hey! No one even voted for that guy! What are you doing?"

Comment

• Further to one of my earlier posts, there's a very interesting article in today's London Times by Niall Ferguson, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford.

Here are some quotes:

"Writing in Slate magazine in July, Franklin Foer argued that Putin has 'a plan for destroying the West-and that plan looks a lot like Donald Trump."

"In the Washington Post...Anne Applebaum called Trump the 'Manchurian Candidate.' A day later, in the New York Times, my old foe Paul Krugman opted for the Siberian candidate."

"When he [Trump] hired Paul Manafort as his campaign manager, Trump could hardly have been unaware of Manafort's work for the Kremlin crony Viktor Yanukovych, the corrupt Ukrainian president between 2010 and 2014 . Another former Trump adviser with suspicious close ties to Moscow is Carter Page, a vocal defender of Russia's annexation of Crimea."

"Then there is Trump's openly stated desire to do a 'great deal' with Putin if he is elected, combined with the aspersions that he cast over NATO ('obsolete and expensive')-not forgetting his refusal to accept that Russia is behind the cyber-campaign against his opponent, a campaign that he himself incited back in July."

Personally, I find all this a bit chilling!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                    Further to one of my earlier posts, there's a very interesting article in today's London Times by Niall Ferguson, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford.

Here are some quotes:

"Writing in Slate magazine in July, Franklin Foer argued that Putin has 'a plan for destroying the West-and that plan looks a lot like Donald Trump."

"In the Washington Post...Anne Applebaum called Trump the 'Manchurian Candidate.' A day later, in the New York Times, my old foe Paul Krugman opted for the Siberian candidate."

"When he [Trump] hired Paul Manafort as his campaign manager, Trump could hardly have been unaware of Manafort's work for the Kremlin crony Viktor Yanukovych, the corrupt Ukrainian president between 2010 and 2014 . Another former Trump adviser with suspicious close ties to Moscow is Carter Page, a vocal defender of Russia's annexation of Crimea."

"Then there is Trump's openly stated desire to do a 'great deal' with Putin if he is elected, combined with the aspersions that he cast over NATO ('obsolete and expensive')-not forgetting his refusal to accept that Russia is behind the cyber-campaign against his opponent, a campaign that he himself incited back in July."

Personally, I find all this a bit chilling!
                    It would be. Perhaps he's sabotaging himself and making himself look like a walking, talking failed genetic experiment in order to save Western Civilisation. Maybe we'll realise in years to come that The Donald was not in fact the missing link, but was in fact ensuring that he would lose as a counter defense to save us all?

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
                      It would be. Perhaps he's sabotaging himself and making himself look like a walking, talking failed genetic experiment in order to save Western Civilisation. Maybe we'll realise in years to come that The Donald was not in fact the missing link, but was in fact ensuring that he would lose as a counter defense to save us all?
                      Last evening, Donna and I talked about Trump on our drive from Baltimore to Annapolis to see a Manhattan Transfer/Take Six concert and back as well. Naturally, we discussed his looney charge that the election is being "stolen" away from him and how it speaks to his character flaws -- that he can't admit that he is going to lose so he is blaming everybody else, except himself. Also of course to delegitimize Hillary Clinton's presidency and possibly to give himself a powerbase and reason for being post-election. Note that in the past in modern times every losing U.S. presidential candidate has accepted the results of the election "for the good of the country," e.g., Nixon in 1960 and Gore in 2000. Not so Trump, because it is all about him and nobody else. Such is the extreme narcissism of this sick person.

The way we were discussing it, we characterized it as that all this negative stuff is coming from Trump himself. But it might not be. At the same time that Trump brought on Kellyanne Conway as his campaign manager he brought on Steve Bannon as part of the campaign. Bannon is from Breitbart.com which is an "Alt.Right" organization that has been pushing conspiracy theories for years (just check out their website!). So a lot of what Trump is saying might be being fed to him by Bannon and Breitbart in the final weeks of the campaign.

So just watch out America and the world! You are correct if you fear this candidate and the Trump campaign, for all their machinations and menace.

Best regards

Chris
                      Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 10-16-2016, 10:57 AM.
                      Christopher T. George

Comment

• I agree Chris, I've suspected Trump is being manipulated by Bannon for some time.

I think I heard KellyAnne Conway has quit?
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

...Trump is being manipulated ....
                          It's like believing in the square circle theory!!! Trump is the idiot in command of romantic or frustrated assh....!

Respecfully

Hercule Poirot

Comment

• I see Conway is still campaign manager.

I tell ya, there's no substitute for intelligence.... now he thinks Canadians should get their own currency!

I think Trump should stand down in favor of someone with a bit of intelligence, someone like Larry the Cable Guy.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I see Conway is still campaign manager.

I tell ya, there's no substitute for intelligence.... now he thinks Canadians should get their own currency!

I think Trump should stand down in favor of someone with a bit of intelligence, someone like Larry the Cable Guy.
                              He was probably thinking about our Canadian Tire money! LOL

Comment

I see Conway is still campaign manager.

Christopher T. George

Comment

Working...
                                X