No announcement yet.

Second U.S. Ebola Diagnosis "Deeply Concerning" Admits CDC Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a woman in a bikini with a trowel?

Archaic

Comment

"David Cameron has said the plight of Pauline Cafferkey, the British nurse who contracted Ebola and remains in a critical condition in hospital, has made the virus his primary concern."
      Prime minister says tackling virus is ‘uppermost in his mind’ as he lauds bravery of Scottish nurse whose condition has deteriorated

Is the man such a fool that he doesn't know 7900 people have died of Ebola in West Africa? Or does he just think those people don't count, not being eligible to vote in the UK?

Comment

My daughter Ruth, a Critical Care Paramedic is, at this very moment, undergoing special training before being flow out to Sierra Leone on Saturday 10 January for a ten week deployment working in an Ebola Hospital set up by the British Government to fight this terrible disease. I think a lot is going on behind the scenes that people may not be aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Is the man such a fool that he doesn't know 7900 people have died of Ebola in West Africa? Or does he just think those people don't count, not being eligible to vote in the UK?
          Last I knew, Cameron was Prime Minister of the UK. Africa isn't his responsibility.
          - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            Last I knew, Cameron was Prime Minister of the UK. Africa isn't his responsibility.
            I'd have a bit more time for people washing their hands of Africa if they didn't squeal quite so loudly when they experience the consequences - albeit scaled down by a factor of a thousand.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              My daughter Ruth, a Critical Care Paramedic is, at this very moment, undergoing special training before being flow out to Sierra Leone on Saturday 10 January for a ten week deployment working in an Ebola Hospital set up by the British Government to fight this terrible disease. I think a lot is going on behind the scenes that people may not be aware of.
              Hi Limehouse,

Please give Ruth a big hug from me and tell her that I'll be thinking of her and remembering her in my prayers. You must be very proud of her.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                I'd have a bit more time for people washing their hands of Africa if they didn't squeal quite so loudly when they experience the consequences - albeit scaled down by a factor of a thousand.
                I washed my hands of Africa many years past. No amount of aid seems to result in more than a minor, temporary improvement, and critically, the Africans themselves don't seem interested in doing anything to alleviate their own situation. It's not our problem.
                - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
                  Hi Limehouse,

Please give Ruth a big hug from me and tell her that I'll be thinking of her and remembering her in my prayers. You must be very proud of her.

Carol
                  Thanks Carol. Very much appreciated. Yes, we are very proud. She's a brilliant daughter and citizen.

Julie

Comment

I washed my hands of Africa many years past. No amount of aid seems to result in more than a minor, temporary improvement, and critically, the Africans themselves don't seem interested in doing anything to alleviate their own situation. It's not our problem.
                    Africa is a HUGE continent made up of many, many countries. There are many challenges and huge differences in wealth and infrastructure. Africa has been colonised and pillaged for several centuries and the fruits of its labour and its natural resources have been stolen and squandered by past imperial masters.

With respect, Ginger, it very much is our problem.

Comment

Well, there's nothing like candour.

But as I said, if people do have that attitude, and if they allow a deadly disease to incubate in Africa unchecked, they really mustn't squeal if it eventually comes to pay them a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                        How about a woman in a bikini with a trowel?

Archaic
                        Grrrrrrrroooooooooooooowwwwwwl
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

We have had a fair amount of coverage on the Ebola crisis here in the U.K.

I can't help but think it's filling up air time until the real crisis hits, which is a few inches of snow or it raining a lot, when people who live next to rivers get flooded out.
                          Now that is blanket coverage, with the obligatory reporter in a puffa jacket standing on a motorway bridge in the snow telling us it's snowing and another reporter in wellingtons standing in a puddle.
                          This goes on 24 hours a day, believe it or not. never mind hurricanes or tornadoes or even ebola, this is bloody serious.
                          all the best.

Comment

Ginger,

Who the hell are you? Not caring about Africa...this is where your people come from, but that's beside the point. All people need help and we don't always help in the correct way, but saving lives and controlling disease is something that will repay any generous aid over and over again. I'm kind of ashamed to be an American now because of you, but there are enough of us that do care about the world, so maybe one fly won't ruin the whole ointment.

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

"Aid kills faster than Aids."
                              Mulugeta Tesfay

Comment

So... Seventeen people are killed in the Paris terror attack. The world fundamentally comes to a halt, and over a million people show up for the memorial service, including no fewer than forty heads of state.

At the same time, two thousand people are killed in a terror attack in Baga, Nigeria. You can hear the grass growing...

I may well be a terrible, nineteenth-century sort of person whose shameful lack of concern for Africa places me outside the pale of social acceptibility, but I really don't think I'm going to be too lonely here in my exile.
                                - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                                X