OJ Simpson Guilty or not Guilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ Simpson Guilty or not Guilty?

What with a lot of intrest of late in the OJ Simpson case, I would be intrested to know people's opinions on it.
    As for me, I have never been convinced he was guilty.

Regards

Guilty AF.The whole "If I did it" book... really all I needed.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Not Guilty (the Jury said so)

Now was he innocent another question all together.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Well I find the theory that says he was covering for his son quite convincing, although haven't read the whole book, just the info dotted about on the web.
        I would add I wasn't totally convinced at the time.

Regards

Comment

He totally did it. The prosecution was incompetent, the judge a royal ******* useless fool blinded by the attention and the jury didn't understand any of the evidence. OJ's defense team, on the other hand, was brilliant and played everyone that mattered like virtuosos. Disinformation and flat out fictions from that defense are still firmly lodged in the public's view of it today.
          I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

There's absolutely no doubt that he's guilty. His lawyers should be in prison along with him.
            - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
              There's absolutely no doubt that he's guilty. His lawyers should be in prison along with him.
              Well said.
              Christopher T. George
              Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
              just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
              For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
              RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Hello everyone

Has anyone else been watching "American Crime Story: The People v. O. J. Simpson"? I had a binge feast over the weekend catching up on the first three episodes. The fourth episode is to air tomorrow night on Fox at 10 PM. At first I had a hard time visualizing Cuba Gooding Jr as former celebrity NFL running back OJ "The Juice" Simpson but I am getting used to the idea. Howard had a question about whether the proposed TV series "Time After Time" would be like the movie staring Malcolm MacDowell as H. G. Wells and David Warner as the Ripper. Well I think "The Public vs OJ Simpson" gives something of a clue in that they spent a whole episode on the chase after the white Bronco in which a supposedly suicidal OJ and his best mate were loose on the highways of LA either in a getaway attempt or just in frantic confusion but eventually returning tamely to OJ's luxury home. While Cuba Gooding Jr is a very fine actor, I found the scenes with OJ with the gun to his head both unsettling not only because they show a guy about to blow his brains out but that given that it's clear OJ killed his former wife Nicole Simpson and Ron Goodman, the extended moments of threatened suicide seemed false and unbelievable.

I was interested to see OJ's friend and attorney Bob Kardashian, played in the show by David Schwimmer of "Friends" fame, and realize that the man, who passed away in 2003, was the father of Kim and Chloe Kardashian of reality TV fame, not that I have ever watch such junk -- I just know them by reputation. OJ's original main defense attorney, Robert Shapiro, is played by a rather odd looking John Travolta while Nathan Lane plays F. Lee Bailey who is brought in as a consultant. That fine black actor Courtney B. Vance plays Johnnie Cochran who is eventually brought in to head the defense when Shapiro realizes that to pillory the racist LA Police and particularly lead detective Mark Fuhrman offered their best defense. One telling moment is that OJ is depicted as being at first resistant to such a defense and bringing in Cochran to lead the defense team. Simpson is depicted saying, "I'm not black, I'm OJ!"

All the best

Chris
                Christopher T. George
                Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Yes, I think OJ is as guilty as sin, and it's poetic justice that he's incarcerated now for a very long time, though for different offences of course.

I have been watching the TV series and enjoying it very much. We are now getting into the nitty-gritty of the trial.

I too had a hard job visualising Cuba Gooding as OJ as he doesn't resemble him at all. However, although John Travolta is hamming it up as Shapiro in a rather camp sort of way, I believe he's captured what was probably the essential vanity of the man. I think David Schwimmer and Courtney Vance give good performances and Vance resembles the late Johnny Cochran in my opinion.

The OJ case was so long ago I've forgotten many of the details. However I do feel that this production brings all the circus-like atmosphere that surrounded this trial to life. Also Gooding does portray in the early episodes a man on the edge, volatile, threatening suicide, almost hysterical and then calm. He was also a man who was quite prepared to flee of course if he had been able to. He had a false beard, a stash of money and a plan to get to Mexico if events hadn't overtaken him, IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                    Howard had a question about whether the proposed TV series "Time After Time" would be like the movie staring Malcolm MacDowell as H. G. Wells and David Warner as the Ripper.
                    It is, ABC licsenced the rights to the original book. But they're expanding the premise to be more about young H.G. dashing through time with less Ripper, from the little that's been made public anyway. They already cast Wells.
                    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

I think OJ was guilty. I didn't follow the trial (though it was impossible to avoid it on the news every day), but I have read Marcia Clark's book about it, and plenty of things seem strange about it.

Would like to see the new drama about the case, if only for the cast in it!

Haven' heard about the "Time after Time" television project, but loved the movie. If it focuses more on Wells as a time traveler, it may become a steampunk version of "Doctor Who" (without the aliens, if they do it right), which may not be such a bad thing. We'll see.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

He was given 33 years but can apply for parole in 2017.

Comment

of course he did it

The whole thing was a comedy (tragedy) of errors

starting with the prosecution electing to change the venue, for political reasons, mainly because they were afraid of more riots if an all white Hollywood jury found him guilty.

that LA jury wouldn't have convicted him if there was video of him doing it, he confessed, and was caught red handed.

thank heavens for karma.

Comment

Absolutamente

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            of course he did it

The whole thing was a comedy (tragedy) of errors

starting with the prosecution electing to change the venue, for political reasons, mainly because they were afraid of more riots if an all white Hollywood jury found him guilty.

that LA jury wouldn't have convicted him if there was video of him doing it, he confessed, and was caught red handed.

thank heavens for karma.
                            I agree, wholeheartedly.
                            From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                            "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Read 'Outrage' by Vincent Bugliosi. There is no question that Simpson killed Brown and Goldman. Bugliosi lays out what led to his acquittal and what could have prevented it.

Comment

Working...
                              X