Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Fisherman 26 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Fisherman 28 minutes ago.
General Letters or Communications: Two authentic comms from the Ripper? - by Darryl Kenyon 33 minutes ago.
General Letters or Communications: Two authentic comms from the Ripper? - by cnr 2 hours ago.
General Letters or Communications: Two authentic comms from the Ripper? - by Damaso Marte 2 hours ago.
General Letters or Communications: Two authentic comms from the Ripper? - by Abby Normal 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (23 posts)
General Letters or Communications: Two authentic comms from the Ripper? - (15 posts)
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - (12 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)
Conferences and Meetings: American Jack the Ripper - True Crime Conference, Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018 - (2 posts)
General Police Discussion: Death From The Frogís March - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Tumblety, Francis

Old 03-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Chief Inspector

Default New Findings on Tumblety

Hi all,

In promoting the April 2016 Ripper conference in Baltimore, I have been commenting upon over a dozen new findings on Francis Tumblety. If you are interested in getting the full picture of the Whitechapel murder mystery, this lecture canít not (I love double negatives) hold your attention and even shift your opinions. Just to tip my hand a bit; the following are a few issues I will be addressing:

1) The actual source for Francis Tumblety being implicated in the Whitechapel crimes; almost to the name of the person.

2) Francis Tumbletyís personal involvement in the sensationalist newspaper reporting about him being a Ripper suspect. You will be surprised.

3) A series of findings (at least a dozen) specific to whether Tumblety was just a minor suspect quickly ignored (other than prosecuting him for gross indecency and indecent assault) or was a major suspect with Scotland Yard investing time, personnel, and money on him. They come from all directions.

4) Nineteenth century bias against homosexuality being the reason why Scotland Yard even considered Tumblety as the killer. We will even make the assumption that Littlechild maintained this bias.

5) Is it true there were no eyewitness accounts matching the description of Tumblety?

6) The real reason why Charles Dunham, the Civil War reptile journalist/agent provocateur, spoke to a New York World Reporter on December 1, 1888, discussing his Civil War experience with Tumblety, even seeing his collection of uterus specimens. Making money? Vindictiveness? OrÖ

7) Lots more on Dunham and what he claimed to have witnessed.

9) Findings specific to Tumblety being the actual killer. These are interesting.

Itís all evidence-based, and as I said before, it needs experts to review these findings. I hope you can make it.

Sincerely,
Mike
Old 03-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
Hi all,

In promoting the April 2016 Ripper conference in Baltimore, I have been commenting upon over a dozen new findings on Francis Tumblety. If you are interested in getting the full picture of the Whitechapel murder mystery, this lecture canít not (I love double negatives) hold your attention and even shift your opinions. Just to tip my hand a bit; the following are a few issues I will be addressing:

1) The actual source for Francis Tumblety being implicated in the Whitechapel crimes; almost to the name of the person.

2) Francis Tumbletyís personal involvement in the sensationalist newspaper reporting about him being a Ripper suspect. You will be surprised.

3) A series of findings (at least a dozen) specific to whether Tumblety was just a minor suspect quickly ignored (other than prosecuting him for gross indecency and indecent assault) or was a major suspect with Scotland Yard investing time, personnel, and money on him. They come from all directions.

4) Nineteenth century bias against homosexuality being the reason why Scotland Yard even considered Tumblety as the killer. We will even make the assumption that Littlechild maintained this bias.

5) Is it true there were no eyewitness accounts matching the description of Tumblety?

6) The real reason why Charles Dunham, the Civil War reptile journalist/agent provocateur, spoke to a New York World Reporter on December 1, 1888, discussing his Civil War experience with Tumblety, even seeing his collection of uterus specimens. Making money? Vindictiveness? OrÖ

7) Lots more on Dunham and what he claimed to have witnessed.

9) Findings specific to Tumblety being the actual killer. These are interesting.

Itís all evidence-based, and as I said before, it needs experts to review these findings. I hope you can make it.

Sincerely,
Mike
Hi Mike et al.

All this sounds fabulous, Mike! And to remind everyone:

Deadline to sign up for RipperCon is March 15. Complete information on the event is available at RipperCon.com.

Looking forward to welcoming many of you in Baltimore!

Best regards

Chris
For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Last edited by ChrisGeorge : 03-04-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Commisioner

G'day Mike

Will this be published somewhere?

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
G'day Mike

Will this be published somewhere?
Hi GUT,

Yes, in a number of places. Joe and I will be presenting some on the forums, Whitechapel Society Journal, and eventually Ripperologist. Also, my book, The Ripper's Haunts, is in the editing process, soon to be published! My publisher's goal is to have it available at RipperCon.

Sincerely,

Mike
Old 03-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Hi GUT,

Yes, in a number of places. Joe and I will be presenting some on the forums, Whitechapel Society Journal, and eventually Ripperologist. Also, my book, The Ripper's Haunts, is in the editing process, soon to be published! My publisher's goal is to have it available at RipperCon.

Sincerely,

Mike
Thanks Mike.

No way I can get to Ripper con, but sounds interesting.

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Hi GUT,

Sincerely,

Mike
Hi Mike,

So for clarification you new info on Tumblety will be in your new book? Will that be available on Amazon and such places?

Columbo
Old 04-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Commisioner

G'day Mike

Did you book get done in time for RipperCon?

Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Hi Mike,

So for clarification you new info on Tumblety will be in your new book? Will that be available on Amazon and such places?

Columbo
Hi Columbo,

Yes, most of the material is in The Ripper's Haunts, plus even more. Sunbury Press pushed to get it done and it was officially published one day early. The Kindle Version and paperback are available on Amazon.

The total lecture was about 2.5 hours and Robert Anderson will be making a podcast. Also, I'll be having video excerpts on my website, beginning with the first 17 minutes on the very source for Tumblety being arrested on suspicion.

Also, Joe Chetcuti and I will be posting some of it on the boards, beginning today!

Sincerely,

Mike
Old 04-12-2016, 07:14 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Hi Mike

just downloaded the kindle edition, hope sales go well.

regards

Steve
Old 04-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Hi Mike

just downloaded the kindle edition, hope sales go well.

regards

Steve
Thanks Steve! You'll love who wrote my foreword.

Mike