Jack the Ripper: CSI Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A must-read!

Exciting stuff! Really looking forward to this one...

Andersen!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Okay, that's awesome. And I'm grateful you're not just doing the C5. I'm curious where you've put Emma Smith, as there's always been a bit of confusion as to where her attack occurred. Just very recently, here on the Casebook, it seems we figured it out as being through a covered passage next to 7 Brick Lane.

Other than the 35 illustrations, what are we to expect? Presumably there is text? Did you and Paul co-write the book?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

John is being over-generous. Of course he has considerable similarities with the deformed Igor, and he frightens the hell out of the people on his walks - and the people not on them, come to think of it - but it was a collaborative effort. All the mistakes are his.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        John is being over-generous. Of course he has considerable similarities with the deformed Igor, and he frightens the hell out of the people on his walks - and the people not on them, come to think of it - but it was a collaborative effort. All the mistakes are his.
        So any complaints, the address to write to is:

Igor
        Dungeon 3B
        Castle Frankenstien
        Transylvania

Comment

Gents

Have you managed to pinpoint where PC Mizen met Cross and Paul ?

Comment

Hi Paul and John,

Congratulations. CSI Whitechapel looks a most handsome volume.

It is now on my Christmas list.

I wish you every success.

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
              Gents

Have you managed to pinpoint where PC Mizen met Cross and Paul ?
              Is that a trick question? ;-)

Comment

No, it`s just that I`ve see a press report which pinpointed a certain street that Mizen was nearby. I`ve never found that street on the maps I have checked and just wondered if you`d pinpointed this street- I can`t remember the name just now but I book marked the page on my home p.c. and can let you know later today.

Comment

Personally I've always found the crime scenes and the east end in general to be the most interesting aspect of the case, so this forthcoming book should be right up my street, if you'll pardon the pun.

The content sounds absolutely superb, and as a point of reference, those with Richard Jones' "Jack the Ripper Casebook" will note that it's published by the same publisher Carlton/Andre Deutsch, so the quality will be absolutely top notch. I'll be getting one for sure.

All the best
                  Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andersen View Post
                    Exciting stuff! Really looking forward to this one...

Andersen!
                    Me too Andersen...

Welcome to the boards by the way!

Dave

Comment

Hi Jon Guy. For some reason, my faulty memory is making me think it's Court Street, which was the old name for a part of Hanbury Street, no longer in official use by 1888, but still used colloquially. Or perhaps I just dreamt all this.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Corner of Hanbury Street and Bakers Row per Paul Begg's JtR The Facts...I assume this is the same place Tom is referring to...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi guys

Found it. Mizen was at the end of Campbell St in Bakers Row when Cross and Paul passed him. Evening News Sept 3rd. Can`t find it on the maps I`ve seen.

But anyway, what a splendid combination of talent. Especially looking forward to seeing Jake`s work in book form.

Comment

Hi Jon. I don't know, the word 'Court' is stuck in my noggin. What's your source for Campbell Street? Maybe different sources say different things.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

What's in a name?

Hello Messrs Begg and Bennett. Sounds good. I must have mine.

Best of luck on this!

(Any chance of dropping the CSI business from the title?)

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                (Any chance of dropping the CSI business from the title?)
                                Agree with Lynn about CSI in the title. Big time cringe. Though it will no doubt attract generic readership, which is a good thing for Ripperology, I guess. (To become available to da masses.) :-)
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X