No announcement yet.

Delphi Indiana Suspect Analyzed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it has been a year, now, and the trail seems to have gone completely cold. I'm disappointed. I honestly thought, when I first heard about this, that it would be over in a few days at most.
    - Ginger

Comment

Last I heard, at the beginning of this month, was that Nations had been sent back to IN to answer questions.

Apparently the authorities there now say he's "no longer" of any interest? That's a bummer. Hope the girls' murders don't end up in the cold case files, they deserve so much better.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
        And it has been a year, now, and the trail seems to have gone completely cold. I'm disappointed. I honestly thought, when I first heard about this, that it would be over in a few days at most.
        Same here. Very shocked that this guy hasn't been identified yet.

I wonder if the police should release more of the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Same here. Very shocked that this guy hasn't been identified yet.

I wonder if the police should release more of the video?
          I keep wondering why they're so very stinting in their release of video and audio? A movie with sound of the murderer approaching his victims seems to me to be pretty much the gold standard of 'have you seen this man?" And yet, they release only two stills and a sound bite, and stick to their policy when it's obvious that's not enough. Considering the enormous profile of the case and the resulting pressure to solve it, I have to think that they have some extremely good reason for keeping that from view. I have difficulty imagining what it might be, though.
          - Ginger

Comment

I keep wondering why they're so very stinting in their release of video and audio? A movie with sound of the murderer approaching his victims seems to me to be pretty much the gold standard of 'have you seen this man?" And yet, they release only two stills and a sound bite, and stick to their policy when it's obvious that's not enough. Considering the enormous profile of the case and the resulting pressure to solve it, I have to think that they have some extremely good reason for keeping that from view. I have difficulty imagining what it might be, though.
            It's standard for police to withhold information that could be crucial when interviewing a suspect. Maybe the killer said something that could give himself away? But you're right, it's probably time they released more footage from the video if they harbour any hopes of catching this guy.

Comment

In response to social media rumors and several viral reports, Indiana police say there is so far no evidence to prove a man arrested for unrelated charges more than 100 miles away from the site of the horrifying crime has any connection to the case.

A new suspect. While his antecedents are definitely of the very worst sort, it seems that he was able to satisfactorily account for his whereabouts at the time of the murders.
              - Ginger

Comment

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...504659041.html

A new suspect. While his antecedents are definitely of the very worst sort, it seems that he was able to satisfactorily account for his whereabouts at the time of the murders.
                I always thought they had DNA of the killer. I take it that's not the case?

Comment

Not so far as I'm aware. If they do, I've missed it. They've been very tight-lipped, though.

There was a bit of a foofaraw very early on when the man who actually found the bodies admitted to having touched each girl to see if they were alive (regrettable, but entirely understandable, IMHO), and some excitable person accused him of being the murderer, and trying to conceal that his DNA was already on the bodies.
                  - Ginger

Comment

Mugshot

He certainly looks like the mugshot:
                    Police are investigating the possibility of a connection between a man arrested for child molestation and the murders of two teenage girls in Delphi, Indiana in 2017.

Comment

I must beg your pardon. There is a DNA sample. https://www.yourtango.com/2018317190...rders-evidence
                      - Ginger

Comment

Indiana State Police are making an announcement Monday.

Delphi Homicide Investigation Moves in New Direction

The public is welcome to attend the below media briefing about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation.

What: Public and Media Statement on Delphi Murder Investigation

When: Monday, April 22, 2019 at 12:00 noon

Where: The Canal Center, 1030 North Washington Street, Delphi, IN 46923

Who: Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter will make the announcement on behalf of the Multi-Agency Taskforce

Why: To share information with the media and public about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation

"New direction" seems an interesting phrase. I wonder if this is going to be something like "we know who did it, but he died already".

- Ginger

Comment

Working...
                        X