No announcement yet.

Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Mungo didn't start work at the estate until the October 1964. As the bodies of Flemming and Brown had already been stored there before he started, so he can be ruled out.....Whoever the kill was he had access to the substation from Spring 1964..

Comment

• Programme at 9pm, BBC2 - Wales only.

BBC Wales film claims a Welsh murderer "matured" into a notorious London serial killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickB View Post
        Programme at 9pm, BBC2 - Wales only.
        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46838957
        I was allowed to watch it on iPlayer from Oxford, so hopefully anyone in the UK will be able to as well:
        A criminologist leads an investigation to solve the 'Jack the Stripper' murders.

Comment

• Major B.B.C. documentary

Anyone Know where Jeff Leahy is. Can't contact him.

Comment

• A superb documentary. Let’s hope that the police decide to look at the case again. Harold Jones is surely now overwhelmingly the best suspect for these murders.

Well done Neil

Comment

• Thank you Herlock. 10 and a half years of research gone into this. A shame this forum has gone so quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
                Thank you Herlock. 10 and a half years of research gone into this. A shame this forum has gone so quiet.
                Although I was vaguely aware of the case, I don't know anything about it. I certainly wasn't aware that the killer was never caught!!! Found the documentary very interesting so much so that I've just bought Robin's book. Seemed a good place to start.

Are there any plans to write one about the research into Harold JONES?

Started a thread on him as have a few questions, if anyone can answer them?

Did anyone happen to watch this programme the night? If I'm honest I know very little about the case. I certainly wasn't aware that the killer was never caught!!! For those who haven't seen it, a team of experts suggest that the killer was a chap called Harold JONES https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Jones_(murderer) Have a

Comment

• Comment

• Not available at Waterstones or on Ebay. Any plans to republish it?

Comment

• I'm afraid I have no idea, SC.

I haven't read any books on the case and I missed the documentary, but it seems to me that if Jones was the killer, then he had a confounded cheek. It looks for all the world to me that the father of Jones's wife was a metropolitan police pensioner, and that Jones lived with his father-in-law for several years (during which time Elizabeth Figg was murdered). The other murders occurred after the father-in-law died.

Comment

• I just checked on price comparison site that I use and the cheapest copy is for sale at £47! You might be able to get a copy via the publishers which I think is Neil’s own.

Between 1959 and 1965, eight women were murdered in the Hammersmith district of London. These unsolved killings took place when former Abertillery, South Wales child killer Harold Jones lived incognito in Fulham, Putney and Hammersmith. The Book 'Who Was Jack The Stripper' investigates the murders.

Comment

• I have only just managed to find my way back to this site. I can be contacted easily at n.milkin@sky.com

Comment

• And I believe I can now navigate this site and post on here.

Comment

• Just started reading Robin Jarossi's book The hunt for the 60's ripper. This being the first ever book I've read on the subject. I know next to nothing about the case. I see that Elizabeth Figg lived in Rhyl at one point. Is it known where she lived?

Comment

• Hi SC

Rhyl and Abertillery are at opposite ends of Wales.

Comment

Working...
                                X