The following magazines feature write ups and articles on the show,

TV Times 31 Jan-6 Feb
    TV Choice 31 Jan-6 Feb
    Total TV Guide 31 Jan-6 Feb

Will look through more tomorrow.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Caz

Great trailer there the twitching bit on the trailer was a bit- 'er twitchy but loved it and am going to allow a Radio Times into the house- as long as there's not a write up in the Mail all will be well!

See you on 7th! xxxxxxxx
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

The RT issue itself has some lovely little errors in it...

They say they didn't film at Durward Street but they did film in the shadow of a large school... because the one at the site of the Nichols murder had been demolished.

Typical; a bloody great huge monolith and they think it's not there! They also say you can stand on the cobbles at the spot where CE was murdered, and have quoted such in enlarged text. 1) Not cobbles; setts. 2) She didn't die on setts OR cobbles. They also claim it's the only murder site you can actually get to (I think).

One thing Ripperology gives me is a vent for my pedantry!

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

I read some similar statements.

"The program was shot close to the original locations"
          Total TV Guide

"We know when he's going to kill them and sort of where, though a lot of the original sites are no longer there"
          Rupert Jones in TV Choice

"When we were filming me doing ripper tours, we were held up by the real ripper tours who wanted to do their talks where we were standing. So I think they were a bit annoyed"
          Steve Pemberton TV Choice

Wonder who is was annoying?
          Regards Mike

Comment

My issue of Radio Times was purchased this morning, like Philip says, several errors, and a short time line.

The show will be a three part show.
            Regards Mike

Comment

A character named after Robert Lees is in it - who care that they cant see the board school!! Lol

unless Robert Lees is the killer then i will hate it forever and ever!!!!

Wonder why they wouldnt let them film it at the square.

Ps whose took them round the siteS?
              “be just and fear not”

Comment

Well, it weren't me. I suspect no one did - it hasn't been mentioned. Funny about Mitre Square as that's always the easy one to get access to. Every TV show I've done on JTR we've filmed there at some point.

PHILIP

Comment

Well Known

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                  Well, it weren't me. I suspect no one did - it hasn't been mentioned. Funny about Mitre Square as that's always the easy one to get access to. Every TV show I've done on JTR we've filmed there at some point.
                  PHILIP
                  No, no one as well known as you Philip, some bloke called Rumbelow I think.
                  SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                    The RT issue itself has some lovely little errors in it...

They say they didn't film at Durward Street but they did film in the shadow of a large school... because the one at the site of the Nichols murder had been demolished.

Typical; a bloody great huge monolith and they think it's not there! They also say you can stand on the cobbles at the spot where CE was murdered, and have quoted such in enlarged text. 1) Not cobbles; setts. 2) She didn't die on setts OR cobbles. They also claim it's the only murder site you can actually get to (I think).

One thing Ripperology gives me is a vent for my pedantry!

PHILIP
                    You do nnot want to let that build up, thats what happened to Michel Foucault
                    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                      No, no one as well known as you Philip, some bloke called Rumbelow I think.
                      Would this be the Rumbelow that's due to be interviewed in The Times tomorrow, Stewart? I had a phone call this evening telling me. Some bloke called Evans, I think.

PHILIP

Comment

Just finished watching the first episode. It seemed so obvious at the beginning - why would those detectives not make the association with Aug 31st and the injuries working in that area of all areas in London? Strange - but I guess like they said every murder there gets compared to Jack.......

Comment

That hat!!! that hat!!!!! Local hat for local people!!!!! Loved it and had TLoJTR TAN by my side -just in case!!!!

Can we keep this as THE WHITECHAPEL site- sorry Jeff- bed me now! Hoping for at least 12" tonight!!!.....and snow!!! Blimey hope it doesn't rain cos it's going to be I C E tomorrow!!!!!!! xx
                          Last edited by Suzi; 02-03-2009, 01:08 AM.
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Well...Not only Robert Lees...But Drs Phillips & Llewellyn...My wife had to stop me joining in on the wound descriptions..........Will watch again.
                            Steve

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to Episode#2.

Ripper tour guide - "weird job"? Well, when you think about it....

Comment

Loved the Joseph Merrick reference.

Comment

Working...
                                X