No announcement yet.

channel five documentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeated next Thursday (4th October) on Channel 5, if anyone missed it the first time.

Comment

• is the full thing on youtube?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
        is the full thing on youtube?
        Considering your the master of detection I wouldn't expect such a question.

Instructions:
        Go to Youtube and use it's search to find 'Jack the Ripper The Definitive Story'.

My post might be a little sarcastic but when you choose such a screen name you're basically taunting people like me! (Does my location ring a bell? - The Man With the Twisted Lip)

Browsers, operating systems etc can have different results for different people's computers but the link below for me is the page for the first part and there's a box along the bottom with a thumbnail size image of the 2nd part which is also a link for that part. If you don't get the box along the bottom I'm sure it won't be too hard to find for somebody of your calibre.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I remember when it was first shown I read a few comments, not from here or jtrforums, that thought it was a bad documentary. I've seen, and have, about 40 docs in all and I think it's the best. Forget that the graphics look like a game and use your imagination a bit to understand what is being attempted. I've read loads of JtR books and seen plenty of maps but this doc explained Mitre Square much better than any of them because of the graphics.
        Also there's plenty of Lindsay Siviter in the doc so what more could one ask for?
        These are not clues, Fred.
        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
        We will not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
          My post might be a little sarcastic but when you choose such a screen name you're basically taunting people like me! (Does my location ring a bell? - The Man With the Twisted Lip)
          Are you that scruffy guy I gave a quid to on the Bank of England steps?
          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
            Are you that scruffy guy I gave a quid to on the Bank of England steps?
            Hugh Boone. (Neville St Clair)
            I wonder if many people really did that back in the LVP? Apparently it paid more than his job of newspaper reporter.
            I wonder how many people do it these days as well!

Hope the link worked out.
            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
            We will not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
              Hugh Boone. (Neville St Clair)
              I wonder if many people really did that back in the LVP? Apparently it paid more than his job of newspaper reporter.
              I wonder how many people do it these days as well!

Hope the link worked out.

What is LVP?

Comment

• London Victorian Period
                We will not.

Comment

• Still wondering if/when this will be released in the US. Any word?
                  Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

• I thought LVP stood for (was an acronym for) LATE Victorian Period - London Victorian Period (as above0 makes no sense.

Phil H

Comment

Working...
                    X