The Possible Murder of Georgina Byrne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
    No misunderstanding, as I have pointed, I just see no real connection between two vastly different scenarios, still don't.
    No, because you are confusing "identical" with "similar" and then arguing that because they are not identical that means there are no similarities.

Comment

Duffin had the opportunity to ask the man to stay and help his "wife", but chose not to.
      Why would Duffin have even considered preventing the man from seeking medical assistance for the woman he thought was his wife?

Comment

Mr. 'top hat" was identifying himself (albeit falsely), Xmere never identified himself, falsely or otherwise and Mizen never asked him to.
        Right, so both men lied didn't they? They were different lies, of course, but both lies. And both men walked off after having told a lie to a police officer. There's the similarity right there.

Comment

Not so. Mizen couldn't possibly know that there actually was a woman in Buck's Row and that is the big difference.
          He "couldn't possibly know" there was a woman in Bucks Row? Really? Well he hadn't seen it with his own eyes but two men had just reported this to him. What kind of knowledge did he need?

Comment

As far as Duffin knew, he had details. The man was her husband and he was going to fetch medical help.
            But Duffin didn't know the woman's name. Her identity was only discovered by tracing the address on the parcel.

And it doesn't change the fact that the man told Duffin a direct lie does it?

Comment

Well, it comes down to which version you believe.

You presumably believe Endacott and not Elizabeth Cass and the Warren inquiry witness, Walford. Both of whom claimed she was not "pestering men" when she was arrested.
              No, it doesn't come down to that. What I am saying is that an officer had no right to arrest an unaccompanied woman for walking down the street

You said: "being an unaccompanied female even in broad daylight in a respectable area, was enough for a policeman to arrest her for prostitution!".

I'm saying that wasn't enough.

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
              I'd have to check, but I don't believe Cass was charged with "pestering" men, rather that Endacott claimed he knew her to be a regular prostitute that he supposedly had been watching for many days.
              If you do check, will find that this was the evidence of P.C. Endacott at the Police Court on 29 June 1887:

"Bowen Endacott, 42 DR.—At 9.30 last night in Regent Street prisoner (meaning Miss Cass) and another got hold of a gent who got away; prisoner caught hold of two more gents; one said in her hearing 'It's very hard I should be stopped; it's the third time I have been stopped in this street.' Have seen her there three times in the last six weeks; from her manner I believe her to be a prostitute; the other woman was with her."

She was, in other words, seen pestering three men and arrested for such behaviour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Oh dear Oscar, would it be fair to say thay you have no education in statistics?

Let´s not. Let´s use modern science instead of Dickens:

HAHAHA! You live in the world of Dickens and speak to people on a forum in 2017 as if it was 1841!!!

Pierre
                Oh my dear boy, what an embarrassing post.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                  Oh my dear boy, what an embarrassing post.
                  For you, Oscar, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    For you, Oscar, yes.
                    Perhaps we can continue this conversation, my dear boy, once you have learnt to speak English.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                      She was, in other words, seen pestering three men and arrested for such behaviour.
                      Just to be clear: that was the allegation, I don't say it was necessarily true.

Comment

• >>So you are saying mizen was wrong then to leave his beat?<<

I'm saying he left himself open to criticism.
                        dustymiller
                        aka drstrange

Comment

• >>What more information did Mizen need? And what more information could the carmen have given him?<<

Off the top of my head, exactly where the body was, what did they see, why a policeman needed him, where were they going? etc etc

In other words, the basics a policeman would be expected to ask.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

• >>No, because you are confusing "identical" with "similar" and then arguing that because they are not identical that means there are no similarities.<<

If I am, then I don't know I am, because that is definitely not what my brain is telling me.

I see two different scenarios that you appear to be trying to draw tenuous links to.
                            dustymiller
                            aka drstrange

Comment

• >>Why would Duffin have even considered preventing the man from seeking medical assistance for the woman he thought was his wife?<<

Because a "husband" should be with his wife, where he could be of practical use by offering comfort if she regained consciousness and by answering necessary questions.

Whereas, anybody could fetch medical help. Duffin, of course, should have known exactly where he nearest medical help was.
                              dustymiller
                              aka drstrange

Comment

• >>Right, so both men lied didn't they? They were different lies, of course, but both lies. And both men walked off after having told a lie to a police officer. There's the similarity right there.<<

I don't believe Xmere lied and I don't believe the police believed Xmere lied.

With regards to "top hat" we have no information to suggest that he was telling the truth.

So, no similarity, for me, there.
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                                X