New Serial Killer on the Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Serial Killer on the Block?

This case just broke over the weekend in Gary/Hammond Indiana which is a stone's throw from where I live.

It started with a body at a motel. By the next day, a man was in custody, and his confession, police say, would lead them to three other women’s bodies.

I've been following that intently, yeah. There's something especially spooky to me about leaving dead bodies in abandoned buildings, and much of Gary looks like a post-human landscape anyway, with entire blocks of decaying buildings slowly collapsing into their basements.
    - Ginger

Comment

L remind you that Indiana is still recalled for the LaPorte pig farm murders of 1907-1908 by Belle Gunness, who apparently managed to flee the farm in a fire with a body to be identified as her own. Even in those pre-DNA days the authorities decided it was not her body. The current case is spooky too, but the perpetrator is confessing.

Jeff

Comment

Here's an interesting example of how stories with a grain of truth get mutated through the re-telling. Apparently there's stories going around (already!) that he put together a bizarre 'haunted house' attraction sort of thing in an abandoned house in Gary and that people called the police because when they went there it freaked them out. That is demonstrably NOT the case. Yet in 50 years, if anyone researches this killer, they will find these articles and some will believe these bogus reports.

Comment

Working...
        X