Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think William Herbert Wallace was guilty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
    It's accurate enough for the point I wish to make...

Human nature is strange. People believe what they want to believe, or have been "set-up" to believe, and criminals and politicians, amongst others, have thrived on this since time immemorial.

"Know thyself!" said Plato. And still, few do...
    Waffle!
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• And pretentious waffle at that!
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It's accurate enough for the point I wish to make...

Human nature is strange. People believe what they want to believe, or have been "set-up" to believe, and criminals and politicians, amongst others, have thrived on this since time immemorial.

"Know thyself!" said Plato. And still, few do...
        Especially if their over-inflated egos caused them to take a blinkered, biased viewpoint.

A sneak thief
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Comment

• Surprise, surprise.

No proper debate.

Meaningless quotes with transparent intention of trying (and failing) to make you look clever. Dismissive insults so that you don’t have to provide counter-argument. Twists of logic that would put a gymnast to shame. In short.....endless white noise.

Only someone like you could put forward a theory.....have it shredded and disposed of by everyone......and still say ‘I’ve solved it.’

There comes a point when dedication becomes futile and you’ve passed it by.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Just to re-emphasis your idea of logic!

You said:

The Wallace murder was a robbery-gone-wrong, rightly celebrated only because it was "planned with extraordinary care and extraordinary imagination", and left "a trail of false clues, leading everywhere, it seems, except to the identity of the murderer..."

So much extraordinary care that there were at least 6 perfectly plausible/common-place occurrences that would have completely scuppered the entire plan!
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Why the need to invent things, Caz?
                Sorry, Rod, I thought it was compulsory around here.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Oh, and as I've reminded you, the telephone had been invented by 1931, and Menlove Gardens was a long way from Wolverton Street.
                  Which was convenient for Wallace if he needed to stage an alibi, but inconvenient for Wallace if Qualtrough needed him to respond to his message.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                    Sorry, Rod, I thought it was compulsory around here.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Crimes are solved by sticking to the facts, and abductive reasoning.

Only one person on this forum has done that, and consequently arrived at the Correct Solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                      Which was convenient for Wallace if he needed to stage an alibi, but inconvenient for Wallace if Qualtrough needed him to respond to his message.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      Insurance agents/salesmen certainly wore out shoe leather, especially in 1931.
                      A prospect in one of the wealthiest streets in the city was certainly worth pursuing, despite the "inconvenience"...

Comment

• And when a policeman told him categorically that MGE didn’t exist Wallace, unlike every other person on the planet faced with that situation, pressed on relentless to 2 other locations still searching for the mythical MGE.

Yeah right
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Crimes are solved by sticking to the facts, and abductive reasoning.

Only one person on this forum has done that, and consequently arrived at the Correct Solution.
                          solved only in your own mind. The problem is that no one else on the planet agrees with you.
                          Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 03-06-2018, 04:20 AM.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• An example of a logical fallacy:

Julia goes to the coat racks as part of the ‘popping out’ ploy, as she has thousands of times, but for some reason lost the ability to recognise her own coat!

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• So much for the mystery to end all mysteries. It was so obviously Wallace who murdered his old lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                                And when a policeman told him categorically that MGE didn’t exist Wallace, unlike every other person on the planet faced with that situation, pressed on relentless to 2 other locations still searching for the mythical MGE.

Yeah right
                                Appealing to imaginary galleries is another logical fallacy, employed by children who have lost the argument, or had none to begin with...

Have you forgotten?

"James Edward Sargent, a constable of the Liverpool City Police, examined by Mr. Hemmerde
                                SARGENT: ...I suggested to him he should try 25 Menlove Avenue. He said, “ Whereabouts is it ? ” I said, “ In the second or third block ” ; and I then said, “ It is the third house in the second block.” He said, “ Thank you,” and turned as if to go away, and said, “ Do you know where I can see a directory ? ” I said, “Yes, you can see one down Allerton Road, or, if you do not see one down there, you can see one down at the police station,” which I pointed out to him."

So the Constable himself encouraged Wallace to carry on looking. He did NOT say - as you bumptiously imagine - "I've just told you, there's no such person or place. What do you want a directory for, Mr. Suspicious?"

So, you have confirmed...

You don't understand Insurance in general or the Prudential in particular.
                                You don't understand 1931
                                You don't understand Liverpool
                                You don't understand Crime or Criminology
                                You don't understand Human Nature or Psychology
                                You don't understand Facts or Logic
                                and Abductive Reasoning really is a foreign continent for you.

Next turkey, step forward!
                                Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-06-2018, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X