Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like he went on to Philadelphia :

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 December 18 - In Northern Ohio, Eileen Adams, 14, disappears. Her remains were found across the border in Michigan after the first of the next year. Finally in 2011, Robert Bowman, a drifter who is a POI in other murder cases, was convicted of Eileen's slaying and given a life term.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        50 years ago - 1967 December 18 - In Northern Ohio, Eileen Adams, 14, disappears. Her remains were found across the border in Michigan after the first of the next year. Finally in 2011, Robert Bowman, a drifter who is a POI in other murder cases, was convicted of Eileen's slaying and given a life term.
        sd, why is it always drifters in old murder cases from that era?

Comment

• 150 years ago - 1867 December 24 - Frederick Baker is hanged in England for the mutilation murder of 8-year-old Fanny Adams. Some consider the case the first modern sex murder.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
            sd, why is it always drifters in old murder cases from that era?
            It was a different age than now. People could still disappear with very little effort, and drifters passing through left little evidence that they had ever been present. Most everyday transactions were paid in cash, and no-one had a cell phone, GPS, or internet presence to allow them to be tracked. If no-one saw or remembered seeing you, you effectively weren't there.

Think of all the old mystery movies and TV shows where an innocent suspect is trying to prove his alibi, and nobody remembers seeing him. That information vacuum often worked to the benefit of the wicked, and a drifter, who had no real relationship to the community but was just looking for some victim to rape and murder, could take full advantage of it.
            - Ginger

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 January 2 - In Eastern Pennsylvania, Arthur Noe, 5 months, is murdered by his mother Marie. Mrs. Noe began killing her infant children in 1949 and murdered 8, Arthur being the last, passing the deaths off as from natural causes such as SIDS. At present, she is on probation.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 January 9 - Sixteen-year-old Jacqueline Dunleavy leaves her job at 6:35 PM in London, Ontario. At about 8:10 PM her partially clothed body is found in the driveway of a school. She had been strangled and beaten to death. Her murder remains unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 January 26 - In Oregon, 19-year-old Linda Slawson has the misfortune of knocking on Jerry Brudos's door while selling encyclopedias. The future serial killer lures the young woman into his garage where he murders her. He then dressed the body in various undergarments he'd collected and posed the remains for his pleasure. Later, he cut off her left foot, which he kept, and dumped the rest of the body into a nearby river. Brudos went on to murder more women into the next year then was captured and sent to prison for a life term and died there in 2006.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 2018 is a major anniversary year with the 50th for the Tate-LaBianca Murders and the first murders of Zodiac and Bible John as well as the 100th for the first New Orleans Axeman murders plus more.
                    Last edited by sdreid; 01-29-2018, 02:51 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

2018 is a major anniversary year with the 50th for the Tate-LaBianca Murders and the first murders of Zodiac and Bible John as well as the 100th for the first New Orleans Axeman murders plus more.
                      Amazing coincidence.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 February 7 - Serial killer Lee Roy Martin rapes and strangles twenty-year-old Nancy Parris. She was the third of four murder victims by the South Carolina Strangler. Martin received a life sentence but was stabbed to death by a fellow inmate after serving just four years.

Stan Reid

Comment

2018 is a major anniversary year with the 50th for the Tate-LaBianca Murders and the first murders of Zodiac and Bible John as well as the 100th for the first New Orleans Axeman murders plus more.
                          Strike Tate-LaBianca-that was in 1969 not 68

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 February 8 - A newspaper man in Gaffney, South Carolina receives a call from a serial killer directing him where three bodies can be found. The caller turns out to be Lee Roy Martin who will murder one more before he's caught and convicted. Martin received a life sentence but was stabbed to death by a fellow inmate after serving a scant four years.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 February 9 - Frankie Jensen, 9, vanishes while on his way to school in London, Ontario. After two months, he was found floating in the Thames River with a fractured skull. His murder is still unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1918 February 10 - In England, Nellie Trew, 16, is found deceased. She had been raped and strangled. Items the killer left at the scene gave the case its name, the Button and Badge Murder. Twenty-one-year-old David Greenwood was convicted of the crime and sentenced to execution but this was reduced due to his mental state which was blamed on his service in the Great War. He was finally released in 1933.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X