Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    for the millionth time-why couldn't they have staged the open window?
    I don't understand your point at all. Maybe you can explain it another way.

The window wasn't jimmied. A jimmied window isn't just an open window. A jimmied window shows signs of forced entry. The window showed no signs of forced entry. The window wasn't jimmied.

They claimed it had been jimmied. Yet they didn't even bother to jimmie it to stage a jimmie despite having the time and ability to hide a dead body?

It's like an insurance fraudster claiming someone stole their car by a garage door jimmie and yet they didn't jimmie the garage door despite being able to hide the car.

The staging claim for the McCanns makes no sense in light of this.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
      The window wasn't jimmied. A jimmied window isn't just an open window. A jimmied window shows signs of forced entry. The window showed no signs of forced entry. The window wasn't jimmied.
      If the window hadn't been jimmied, why did they claim that it had? That doesn't make sense either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        If the window hadn't been jimmied, why did they claim that it had? That doesn't make sense either.
        We have an explanation for that. They didn't lock the apartment. The slide door was unlocked. They tried to suggest an alternative way that Maddie was taken. Through a jimmied window... that wasn't. They tried to avert blame for leaving the slide door unlocked.

Comment

We have an explanation for that. They didn't lock the apartment. The slide door was unlocked. They tried to suggest an alternative way that Maddie was taken. Through a jimmied window... that wasn't. They tried to avert blame for leaving the slide door unlocked.
          Okay, so the same argument applies, why didn't they stage the jemmied window?

Comment

I don't understand your point at all. Maybe you can explain it another way.

They claimed it had been jimmied. Yet they didn't even bother to jimmie it to stage a jimmie despite having the time and ability to hide a dead body?

It's like an insurance fraudster claiming someone stole their car by a garage door jimmie and yet they didn't jimmie the garage door despite being able to hide the car.

The staging claim for the McCanns makes no sense in light of this.
            ill try one more time, but I'm really getting a bit flabbergasted that you cant seem to understand that the open window could have been staged by the McCanns.

so look at it this way. pretend they killed their daughter and hid the body. to help it look like an intruder who abducted her they then open the window, either before they left for the restaurant, or on the first check.

Kate then goes to "check" on her, and low and behold the window is open! and Maddies gone! she been taken. staged open window! got it???
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              Okay, so the same argument applies, why didn't they stage the jemmied window?
              right. they may have realized later that the window couldn't be opened from the outside, so added the jimmied part, then to realize uh oh it dosnt look jimmied. they just screwed up on their story ---simple as that.

or when they said jimmied-it was kind of a misspoke-they just meant opened.
              or maybe they meant jimmied, but without being damaged?

who knows-but its another inconsistancy in their story.
              they are definitely lying about something.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

to help it look like an intruder who abducted her they then open the window, either before they left for the restaurant, or on the first check.

Kate then goes to "check" on her, and low and behold the window is open! and Maddies gone! she been taken. staged open window! got it???

No. You don't seem to understand me. They didn't say an open window. They said jimmied window. That's forced entry. An open window isn't forced entry. Got that? If not, then I can't explain it any more than that to you.

A jimmied window will forensically demonstrate damage consistent with forced entry. They claimed forced entry. They claimed jimmied. They didn't claim someone just opened a window. Forensically there is ZERO evidence of a jimmied window despite them claiming that it was jimmied. If they made that claim and are involved in a staged incident them why didn't they jimmy it?

Open windows aren't jimmied windows. When you open a window in your own home do you jimmie then all? No you open them. The McCanns didn't claim the window was just opened. It was jimmied... yet for people who stage events, didn't stage this??

I can't believe you don't get this. I even gave you an example. I think it probably too indicative of McCann innocence for some to accept.

Comment

No. You don't seem to understand me. They didn't say an open window. They said jimmied window. That's forced entry. An open window isn't forced entry. Got that? If not, then I can't explain it any more than that to you.

A jimmied window will forensically demonstrate damage consistent with forced entry. They claimed forced entry. They claimed jimmied. They didn't claim someone just opened a window. Forensically there is ZERO evidence of a jimmied window despite them claiming that it was jimmied. If they made that claim and are involved in a staged incident them why didn't they jimmy it?

Open windows aren't jimmied windows. When you open a window in your own home do you jimmie then all? No you open them. The McCanns didn't claim the window was just opened. It was jimmied... yet for people who stage events, didn't stage this??

I can't believe you don't get this. I even gave you an example. I think it probably too indicative of McCann innocence for some to accept.
                  how on gods green earth is them saying the window was jimmied, and it wasn't, indicative of any kind of innocence?

its an inconsistency of there statement and the evidence. indicative of lying.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

by the way you can jimmy something without damaging it. Ive jimmied windows and doors with a credit card numerous times when Ive locked myself out. no damage.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

how on gods green earth is them saying the window was jimmied, and it wasn't, indicative of any kind of innocence?

its an inconsistency of there statement and the evidence. indicative of lying.
                      It doesn't make any sense that they are able to pull off getting rid of a body and can't even jimmie a window for when they announce someone jimmied the window. That's why. This is not a planned response to a staging.

Comment

by the way you can jimmy something without damaging it. Ive jimmied windows and doors with a credit card numerous times when Ive locked myself out. no damage.
                        They would have made it look jimmied to do it right. I say take up your point with a forensic expert. I bet they can detect if it has been or not.

Comment

• Hi Batman, Abby,

Kate was supposed to be in a state of panic and confusion on finding Maddie missing and not thinking clearly. She expressed the immediate belief that her daughter had been "taken" from the apartment, so she would naturally be asking herself how the abductor may have got in, and whether they simply walked in through an unlocked door or could have climbed in through an open window, forced or not. If she knew nothing at that stage, these are exactly the things Kate would have been wondering about and suggesting as possibilities. It would have looked more suspicious if she failed to suggest a forced entry, or said there definitely wasn't one. How could she have known that for sure, unless she also knew there was no intruder? Better to suggest a forced entry and let the police find Kate was mistaken.

The door was known to have been unlocked; the window was found to be open. That was enough to claim an intruder must have taken Maddie. Had Kate or Gerry actually staged a forced entry, and pointed to it as evidence, they'd have been taking a huge risk because someone could have witnessed their efforts, and with no previous experience they would not have known if the police could readily tell a staged forced entry from a real one.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                            Hi Batman, Abby,

Kate was supposed to be in a state of panic and confusion on finding Maddie missing and not thinking clearly. She expressed the immediate belief that her daughter had been "taken" from the apartment, so she would naturally be asking herself how the abductor may have got in, and whether they simply walked in through an unlocked door or could have climbed in through an open window, forced or not. If she knew nothing at that stage, these are exactly the things Kate would have been wondering about and suggesting as possibilities. It would have looked more suspicious if she failed to suggest a forced entry, or said there definitely wasn't one. How could she have known that for sure, unless she also knew there was no intruder? Better to suggest a forced entry and let the police find Kate was mistaken.

The door was known to have been unlocked; the window was found to be open. That was enough to claim an intruder must have taken Maddie. Had Kate or Gerry actually staged a forced entry, and pointed to it as evidence, they'd have been taking a huge risk because someone could have witnessed their efforts, and with no previous experience they would not have known if the police could readily tell a staged forced entry from a real one.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            good point.

I would also add that there being no forced entry, and upon learning the window could NOT be opened from the out side, they admitted that they left the apartment unlocked. so that begged the question-why would an intruder need to open the window from the inside once already in? OOPs!

oh because they left with her through the window and or handed her out the window to someone else.

Yeah right.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Hi Abby,

It does seem strange that the window was open, if an abductor could not realistically have entered or left that way. It was apparently a fairly cold night too, so presumably Kate or Gerry would have wanted the window to be closed when they went for dinner so the kids would keep warm, if not for security reasons. If Kate was expecting to find it closed on her return, but found it open and Maddie gone, she evidently put two and two together and blamed the open window on the abductor, even though this was highly unlikely. Why would an abductor even try to get in through that window when they could walk in through the door? Why would an abductor walk in through the door then need to open the window?

So what do we make of Kate's claim that she found the window open and the curtains "whooshing"? Either she or Gerry must have left it open by mistake when they went for dinner and completely forgot they had done so, or one of them opened it deliberately for as yet unexplained reasons.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• The reason why I don't accept the huge risk explanation for why they didn't jimmie the window is because this is nothing compared to the really huge risk of hiding and disposing a body. On the one hand they can make a small human being completely vanish but can't even jimmie a window? Therein is where the staging hypothesis makes no sense at all. One moment they are Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction. The next they are Forrest Gump.

As for why was the window open. One explanation is for a quicker exit. If someone comes in, its a quick way to get out. In fact that's exactly what happened in the apartment above when a stranger was found in there. They leaped from the window to get away.

Comment

Working...
                                X