'Jack the Ripper-Then & Now' Phil Hutchinson's Photo Montages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Jack the Ripper-Then & Now' Phil Hutchinson's Photo Montages

Here's a fabulous video made by Philip Hutchinson that I think everyone will enjoy. It's a series of photo montages combining old photos of Jack the Ripper murder sites with present-day images of the sites.

The twist is that rather than show two consecutive still images, the montages are done video-style with very slowly dissolving old photos morphing into live film footage of the murder sites as they appear today. What I love is that the old image dissolves very slowly, and as it becomes more ghostly you can see the new street scene slowly emerging right through it- pretty cool effect, Philip!

The video is a nice accompaniment to the excellent book written by Phil and Rob Clack, 'The London of Jack the Ripper: Then and Now', which I highly recommend.

VIDEO- 'Jack the Ripper Locations- Then & Now': http://www.youtube.com/user/Guildfor...89/sh02pH_HOsw

Best regards,
    Archaic

Amazing... such a great video.. Oh and the book is fantastic as well. I also recommend it!
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Here's a fabulous video made by Philip Hutchinson that I think everyone will enjoy. It's a series of photo montages combining old photos of Jack the Ripper murder sites with present-day images of the sites.
      Archaic,

Fabulous stuff indeed. This Hutchinson fellow is even smarter than I thought he was .

Philip,

Does any part of Crossingham's appear on the Whitby photo?
      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
      X