X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    G'day Stan

It actually only took a year.

He was convicted and sentenced Nov '51 executed Dec '52. He had previously been sentenced to about 250 years [from memory] for some of the crimes. seem to recall that there were different jurisdictions involved so it needed a couple of trials.
    Hi Gut. I meant the almost 2 years from when he committed the murders and when I heard about him on the news and was caught and until he was executed. When you're 4-6 years old, it seemed like about 20 years. A bad dude for sure but, thinking back, it's a bit unsettling that at 4 years old I was actually hoping that another human being would be killed in the gas chamber. I suppose it was the elimination of a bogeyman. Today, I would want him to get life without parole, at least in the beginning.
    Last edited by sdreid; 01-16-2015, 07:28 AM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I few posts back Stan mentioned the UK's oldest person, born 1900 she passed away overnight. She lved at home till she was 105.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Gut but thanks for the information. May she rest in peace.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          Sorry to hear that Gut but thanks for the information. May she rest in peace.
          She was said to be the last living person from the Victorian Era.

Eldest person now, was I believe born in 1903.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Yes as far as is known, the last born in the UK while Victoria was on the throne.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Lang was the last born in the U.K. There is a woman named Violet Brown who is still living. She was born in Jamaica in 1900 when that country was still a British colony so she was a subject of Victoria in that sense.

Stan Reid

Comment

Lang was the last born in the U.K. There is a woman named Violet Brown who is still living. She was born in Jamaica in 1900 when that country was still a British colony so she was a subject of Victoria in that sense.
                Mrs. Brown turned 115 this past Tuesday.

Stan Reid

Comment

Mrs. Brown turned 115 this past Tuesday.

She is currently the fourth oldest person on Earth.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I wonder if there is anyone still living who remembers the Camden Town murder in 1907; the year before the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

Stan Reid

Comment

I wonder if there is anyone still living who remembers the Camden Town murder in 1907; the year before the last time the Cubs won the World Series.
                      I love the fact that the last time the Cubs won the World Series.. women were not allowed to vote in the United States.... (Sorry Cubs fans...hang in there one day you'll win again)

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I wonder if there is anyone still living who remembers the Camden Town murder in 1907; the year before the last time the Cubs won the World Series.
                        What do Michael Jackson and the Chicago Cubs have in common?

They both wear one glove for no apparent reason.

Comment

• Yep-The traditional "Swoon in June" is about to commence.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The last documented person born in the 1700s died in 1906.

Stan Reid

Comment

• There are only two people left living in the world who were born in the 1800s and they were both born in late 1899.

Stan Reid

Comment

There are only two people left living in the world who were born in the 1800s and they were both born in late 1899.
                                That is who are verified.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X