Hutch's Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutch's Man

Please vote your choice of the man you think George Hutchinson saw with Mary Kelly.
    Dr. Tumblety
    20.00%
    Prince Albert Victor
    0%
    Montague John Druitt
    20.00%
    Severin Klosowski
    30.00%
    James Maybrick
    10.00%
    Walter Sickert
    0%
    Joseph Issacs
    0%
    R. D' Onston Stephenson
    10.00%
    Francis Thompson
    0%
    Joe Silver
    10.00%
    Sink the Bismark

Hi,

Thanks for starting this interesting poll. Being the first one to post kind of gives away who I voted for.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Meaningless

But this is a Labour party type of poll. One with no real choices. "Who do you think made the greatest Prime Minister Tony Blair or Gordon Brown?"

You should have included a real choice such as "Unknown" and "Fictional character" to be meaningful.

Comment

This is very interesting..

I agree that you really need an option for GH to have invented Mr A. I haven't voted as I think that may be so. Tumblety's an interesting theory though. Jane x

Comment

Hi.
          As far as i am concerned there are two possibilties, when it comes to Hutchinsons statement.
          1] It was given in good faith, and to the best of his ability.
          2] A statement was given , but fabricated by the police to some extent,in order not to prevent capture.
          I have no doubt, at least in my mind, that it was the first of those options, and GH did infact see someone of that description accost Mary Kelly.
          I can well understand that members of Casebook have reason to doubt such a detailed story, but we do have Regs character reference of his father, describing him as ' A man of detail, and 'If he said he saw that, he saw it', so that would explain such a detailed description, or at least add credence to it.
          So out of the list avaliable , i would have to side with The Duke of Clarence, or one not mentioned Lord R, Churchill, but i should add not literally, just resembling, as of course Topping was saying.
          Something like Mrs Coxs neice was allegedly told by her aunt ie, 'A real toff, he was, a fine gentleman'
          So what happened to Blotchy?
          That is another mystery, on another thread mayby?
          Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi Roy

I think Janes correct, one thing is crystal crystal clear to me, GH invented Mr A, or at least he invented the apparel he wore, I'd vote for an unknown local individual seen with Mary Kelly who was dressed more in line with the local working class population.

all the best

Observer

Comment

A man of detail, and 'If he said he saw that, he saw it',
              He also said that he acquired those skills on the job in the plumbing trade, but the "witness" from 1888 was a "groom by trade, now working as a labourer". I'm afraid that character reference is worthless for that reason, and others.

Comment

You forgot to add Lord Randolph Churchill. Just kidding!
                "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

That's funny!

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
                  You forgot to add Lord Randolph Churchill. Just kidding!
                  I'd have voted for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                    You should have included a real choice such as "Unknown" and "Fictional character" to be meaningful.
                    Quite so, Bob. Then I would have voted 'Unknown (local)' or preferably 'Local nondescript'.

Frank
                    "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                    Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by Frank van Oploo View Post
                      Quite so, Bob. Then I would have voted 'Unknown (local)' or preferably 'Local nondescript'.
                      ... where does that leave "he saw nobody", or - my favoured option - "he wasn't even there"?
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I think Hutch saw Mary with Packer.

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

Well, as you'll expect, they aren't my favoured options, Gareth, but I don't know where they are left. (Unjustly) swept under the carpet perhaps?...
                          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                            But this is a Labour party type of poll.

Hi Bob,

Labour party? Over here the gals call that a baby shower.
                            Mr. Unknown has won all the polls on the site. Giving some of the others a chance. Now fictional character, that's a different egg, and may require another vote.

Roy
                            Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                              I think Hutch saw Mary with Packer.

Amitiés,
                              David
                              That's it, David, you've solved it.
                              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X