• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ripper program on UK TV 31 August

31 August
    21:00
    Sky 3
    Vic Reeves Investigates Jack the Ripper

It's an old one Chris, where Vic takes a sample of handwriting and a ripper letter to be examined. The handwriting being his own.

I believe he starts out with a board of suspects and narrows it down, but I fell asleep before the end. I do have a copy somewhere on DVD that a friend obtained for me.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
      It's an old one Chris, where Vic takes a sample of handwriting and a ripper letter to be examined. The handwriting being his own.

I believe he starts out with a board of suspects and narrows it down, but I fell asleep before the end. I do have a copy somewhere on DVD that a friend obtained for me.
      Also one on The Crime and Investigation Channel at 7pm.
      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hi Kat-
        Hubby assures me that I've seen that before and I have it on tape! Grrr doesn't make me less keen to watch it again though -but because he's watching The 'A Team (FFS!)- I've conceeded and am heading for the bath Grrrrrrrrrr

Suz x
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Ahhhh this is where I am happy as I am single and although I have a housemate its my house so its my rules!!

Comment

Ahhhhh its the Tumblety one I show my kids in school!

Comment

Aaaaaaaagh Kat it is!!!! Got my way and am enjoying the young Don and Stewart!!!
              Bloody Tumblety!!!

Suz x

Comment

It is starting to look quite dated now.

Comment

Last night was a ripper-fest on British TV.

On Crime Network there was "The Whitechapel Murders" with Stewart P Evans and Paul Gainey discussing Tumblety. It was a good documentary, and although I remember it from a while ago, last night I managed to actually sit and watch it.
                  There were several press reports presented, both foreign and domestic, about Tumblety.
                  There were several photographs of both London and the USA from the period, and there were some interesting reconstructions.

Later in the evening on Sky 3, there was Vic Reeves Investigates Jack the Ripper, which starts off with Vic and a line up of the usual suspects, Druitt, Cutbush, Chapman, Kosminski, and Tumblety.
                  Vic, with the help of a graphologist, geo-profiler, and "ahem" a psychic police officer! Narrow it down to Tumblety.

What amused me was the way Vic was feeding the officer info, and when he took him to Mitre Square the officer picked up on a victim and a suspect. Now the guy is a former police officer, and somehow, I think he might have known about the case!

Vic also walked down Hanbury Street and pointed out that Annie Chapman was found dead in a doorway. He then stood in a rather modern looking doorway!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
                    So I take it you missed Most Haunted Live jumping on the Jack the Ripper bandwaggon again,last night.

Believe me,it was up to it's usual standards.

They were talking about London's haunted past,in general.Ross pipes up about people being passionate about crimes....look at JTR for instance,there's a famous americal authoress called Patricia Cornwell,who writes crime novels...she's wrote a very good book on Jack the Ripper..spent about 4 million,proving that Sickert was the Ripper....it's the 120th anniversary THIS WEEK (hello,your broadcasting on it).

My son said...good job we didn't go to that,you'd have been removed from the place for calling out,wouldn't you!...and he walked out of the room! ...........answer.....yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A black dog must have got into Aldgate station on Saturday night,because just about everyone saw him!!..he was a real cutie...and kept wagging his tail like he knew everyone was going ahhhhhh!..he was more of a star than the crew were all weekend.

Comment

I watched about 5 minutes of it and became bored almost straight away.

They jump on the JTR Bandwagon everytime they are in London and it just goes to show how well researched it is if they come up with guff like that!

I didn't see a dog, but did see the bald psychic saying "I need the toilet, no, not me, but I feel I need the toilet" not sure what he meant!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

HI Mike,
                        I went into their forums over the weekend...on all three nights as they had a different forum for each....you didn't have to register to read it.
                        They have been complaining about this Brian guy on there for some time,and couldn't believe they used him again this time.
                        Someone caught Karl saying "text me when" just as they went over to him lying in the coffin...when spirits were supposed to hold down the top of it just after that....he is supposed to have no contact with the outside world,yet he has his mobile with him.People were rewinding and listening to it,and remarking that you can hear it loud and clear.
                        It was mostly complaints on all three nights...

Comment

It doesn't suprise me one bit. Bad Psychics run regular expose's of the show which looks in depth at the claims made but here is another one.

In the brief 5 minutes that I watched, Paul Ross, looking at his beloved cue cards said,
                          "Remember the team have no audio, they cannot hear us at all on the outside"

Cut to Yvette and co in dark place,

Yvette said, (holding her ear piece)
                          "Brian, say it again, as I have heard they were on a advertisment break"

Now Yvette's getting messages from the dead!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post

What amused me was the way Vic was feeding the officer info, and when he took him to Mitre Square the officer picked up on a victim and a suspect. Now the guy is a former police officer, and somehow, I think he might have known about the case!

Thats what i thought too.. JTR is probably one of the most (in)famous unsolved crime in history.. one that an ex-policeman is bound to have knowldege of...

Comment

Ooooooooooooooh Gawd Max the Psychic Alsation!! Come in Debs!!!
                              Can't we keep Yvette in a dark place.....a VERY dark place!!!!
                              Suz xx
                              Last edited by Suzi; 09-06-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X