Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Man who swallowed a fork (and forgot).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man who swallowed a fork (and forgot).

This whole story is so mind boggling to me in every detail, that I just had to post it..

How can you swallow a plastic fork 'by accident' ?
    Is it true that people commonly swallow batteries and coins by accident (come on ! own up ! how ???).
    How could you forget that you'd swallowed a fork ?
    How could you fail to notice if you'd shat it or not ?
    How come that man is supposed to be 'only' 40 ?
    How come he was playing with a plastic fork in his mouth aged 30 ?
    Is really what surgeons get 'excited' about ? ( "oh, God. Another battery swallower. No ! Guys ! I've found a manky blackened bit of plastic ! This is just so exciting !).
    Do surgeons use the word 'tummy' ? Or only journalists (I thought that was a 'baby word'

This story holds an endless fascination for me..
    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

I don't know about coins or batteries, though some people use coins to train themselves to swallow something and bring it back up, like a key for magic tricks. I always thought candy would be safer, but whatever. But most people I know including myself have swallowed pins. When you have a dozen pins in your mouth because you are fitting a costume, it happens. Technically its more of an inhale than a swallow, but I've never heard them going down the trachea. It's a terrible habit. And I know hairdressers who swallowed bobby pins.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Gulp

Oh I don't know...when I married my first wife I swallowed my pride and don't recall doing so...my current wife claims the same!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        I don't know about coins or batteries, though some people use coins to train themselves to swallow something and bring it back up, like a key for magic tricks. I always thought candy would be safer, but whatever. But most people I know including myself have swallowed pins. When you have a dozen pins in your mouth because you are fitting a costume, it happens. Technically its more of an inhale than a swallow, but I've never heard them going down the trachea. It's a terrible habit. And I know hairdressers who swallowed bobby pins.
        I understood the nails and pins, Errata, and that's why I didn't quote them ...
        but ...batteries ?? Or the plastic fork ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
          Oh I don't know...when I married my first wife I swallowed my pride and don't recall doing so...my current wife claims the same!

Dave
          -ah, but did you excrete it ? Or is it still there, deep down ?...

Comment

No, I've no remaining pride, hence I'm prepared to appear here....(heh heh)

Dave

Comment

If Uri Geller swallowed a fork, would he have a twisted gut?

Comment

Working...
              X