This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Yes, because practicality gets things done and fantasy, no matter how interesting, rarely does.

If you're going to go to chop up a body on board a boat and throw the remains in the river, why bother taking the remains out of the river in the first place?
    If you are going to dump a body quickly and practically, why travel down to the deepest cellar vault under the New Scotland Yard? With TWO pieces of it?

Comment

Were they cut into flaps?
      No, there were no flaps at the divisions of the joints, telling us that this was not a body taken in parts by a medical man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        If you are going to dump a body quickly and practically, why travel down to the deepest cellar vault under the New Scotland Yard?
        So the fact that parts were found in Scotland Yard (or Shelley Gardens, or Pinchin Street) means it's more likely that the body was dismembered on a boat, does it?

Of course it doesn't. If the bodies were dismembered on land, which is to my mind the far more likely scenario, then they could just as easily end up being chucked in the water as dumped on a building site.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Ehrm - I have the answer for you, but...
          Ok I'll wait for someone who isn't a little crybaby to answer

Comment

So the fact that parts were found in Scotland Yard (or Shelley Gardens, or Pinchin Street) means it's more likely that the body was dismembered on a boat, does it?

Of course it doesn't.
            Nope. But it tells us that your wish to try and interpret what the killer did as signs of practicality is misguided.

A boat may or may not have been used in one, some or all cases, but there is no evidence for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
              Christer,

Although possible, it's not a given he scaled the fence. The authorities thought scaling the 7 to 8 foot fence was the least likely option.

The more we have been reviewing this the more I wonder why he buried the leg and hid the torso in a hard to get to spot? If the plan was to make a statement by placing the torso in the vault of the new police offices, why not pick a more conspicuous location on the grounds?
              I can't see the killer scaling the fence carrying the torso and body parts. You're suggesting that the killer dismembered the victim there is interesting, but again I imagine there would blood everywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                Ok I'll wait for someone who isn't a little crybaby to answer
                You do that, Rocky, you do that. And I will wait for somebody who is not calling me names to ask.

Comment

Nope. But it tells us that your wish to try and interpret what the killer did as signs of practicality is misguided.
                  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg ggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! You just don't get it, do you?

I'd better put you back on "ignore" before I have a heart attack. I mean that.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

If you are going to dump a body quickly and practically, why travel down to the deepest cellar vault under the New Scotland Yard? With TWO pieces of it?
                    Because you work down there, Sorry, had to throw that in, Christer.

I agree that he "bothered" to get the parts in the vault. Otherwise, just toss them in the nearby Thames. Just can't figure out why he buried the leg?

Comment

I agree that he "bothered" to get the parts in the vault. Otherwise, just toss them in the nearby Thames. Just can't figure out why he buried the leg?
                      That's why I wonder if the torso was only their temporarily or if it was intended to be buried as well

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg ggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! You just don't get it, do you?

I'd better put you back on "ignore" before I have a heart attack. I mean that.
                        Have you considered the possibility that YOU may be the one not getting it? Or is that a permanently impossible thing?

You said that the killer was not likely to have used a boat because he would not want to bother about going ashore to dump parts if he did.

I said that he OBVIOUSLY had nothing at all against bothering, since we know that he did precisely that in the case of the Whitehall torso.

I think I got it, Gareth.

But did you?

Comment

I can't see the killer scaling the fence carrying the torso and body parts. You're suggesting that the killer dismembered the victim there is interesting, but again I imagine there would blood everywhere
                          Can't blood be covered up with dirt? (i.e when the trenches were filled in) It was awfully dark down there. Wondering if the black staining on the wall could be blood splatter?

Comment

But did he? Was there not an idea that it was buried accidentally as there were draining ditches dug out? Although I must say that one would note if one stumbled over a leg in the process. And the soil was supposedly packed real hard around the leg, pointing away from a quickly thrown up mound of earth, I guess.

Given what this killer does, I think we must accept that rational thinking will not always produce the answers to questions like these ones.

Comment

Have you considered the possibility that YOU may be the one not getting it? Or is that a permanently impossible thing?

You said that the killer was not likely to have used a boat because he would not want to bother about going ashore to dump parts if he did.

I said that he OBVIOUSLY had nothing at all against bothering, since we know that he did precisely that in the case of the Whitehall torso.

I think I got it, Gareth.

But did you?
                              Christ, you do understand that is only your interpretation of the Whitehall torso right? the foundation of your argument is your own interpretation. and that's why you arguments never make sense. not everyone thinks the Whitehall torso was dumped there to be shocking or as a**** you because it's the new Scotland yard building.

Comment

Christ, you do understand that is only your interpretation of the Whitehall torso right? the foundation of your argument is your own interpretation. and that's why you arguments never make sense. not everyone thinks the Whitehall torso was dumped there to be shocking or as a**** you because it's the new Scotland yard building.
                                IŽd be happy to answer that, once you...

Comment

Working...
                                X