No announcement yet.

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [The Foreman]: Was there any possibility of a stranger escaping from the house? - Not from the front.
    [Coroner]: Did you not know about the back?
    [Long]- No, that was the first time I had been on duty there.

WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT THIS BACK ENTRANCE?

Comment

• After returning from the mortuary with Major Smith to Mitre Square, DC Halse heard that “a portion of the apron had been found.” He did not hear anything about a chalked message.

How anyone in Mitre Square could have known that “a piece of apron” had been found is a mystery, for at this moment only DC Halse and perhaps Major Smith—plus the two doctors, Brown and Sequeira [still at the mortuary at this time]—were the only people who knew that Eddowes’ apron had a piece missing.
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood
        After returning from the mortuary with Major Smith to Mitre Square, DC Halse heard that “a portion of the apron had been found.”.. How anyone in Mitre Square could have known that “a piece of apron” had been found is a mystery...
        With a murder enquiry freshly launched, I daresay that word would get around quickly and messages would be sent out.
        Last edited by Sam Flynn; 07-03-2019, 08:06 AM.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

How anyone in Mitre Square could have known that “a piece of apron” had been found is a mystery, for at this moment only DC Halse and perhaps Major Smith—plus the two doctors, Brown and Sequeira [still at the mortuary at this time]—were the only people who knew that Eddowes’ apron had a piece missing.
          I’m not sure why it’s mysterious to you?

Also, I’m not sure why you’re leaving out Inspector Collard and the mortuary keeper, Davis, from your list?

Comment

• Where did that inquest report ,that another officer was left at the scene when Long left,come from Leanne.Official records?
            Did any officer,or official report,substanciate that another officer was summoned by Long?
            Did any other officer,in the inquest reports,claim to have been summoned by Long,and stand guard when Long left?
            I have seen this claim before.I have yet to see it authenticated.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
              Where did that inquest report ,that another officer was left at the scene when Long left,come from Leanne.Official records?
              Daily Telegraph transcript of the Inquest, 12th October 1888.
              Did any officer,or official report,substanciate that another officer was summoned by Long?
              Not as far as we know, but why on earth would a "relief" officer, who had discovered nothing but merely posted to guard the scene, have been called to the Inquest?
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Hi Kattrup,

I’m not certain why it’s not mysterious to you.

My apologies to Messrs. Collard and Davis.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

I’m not certain why it’s not mysterious to you.

My apologies to Messrs. Collard and Davis.

Regards,

Simon
                  Well, it doesn’t seem very mysterious that the officers directly engaged in investigating a violent murder would be immediately apprised of relevant clues. Such as clothing with fresh bloodstains on it.

why do you find it mysterious?

Comment

• Looking at a map of Victorian Whitechapel there seems to be a tunnel along Whitechapel High Street starting at one end near Goulston St. Does anyone know if this tunnel was a public walkway?
                    Regards Darryl

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                      Where did that inquest report ,that another officer was left at the scene when Long left,come from Leanne.Official records?
                      Did any other officer,in the inquest reports,claim to have been summoned by Long,and stand guard when Long left?
                      I have seen this claim before.I have yet to see it authenticated.
                      Original Eddowes Inquest papers

PC Long....
                      "Having searched I at once proceeded to the Station Before proceeding there I had heard of a murder having been committed I had heard of the murder in Mitre Square – I left a man 190 in charge of the Beat H Division I told him to take an observation as to any one who entered the building or left it"

Likely this still won't be good enough, will it Harry.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi Kattrup,

I'm suspicious of things which are found before they're lost.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

Regards,

Simon
                          I assume you mean the apron piece found by Long? Perhaps you could be a bit more clear about what is suspicious and/or mysterious about it, since me having to guess is not conducive to mutual understanding.

Comment

• For a fuller explanation I would recommend reading, "Deconstructing Jack."

Comment

• But this is a forum Simon, if you're not prepared to discuss the subject, why join in?
                              You don't seriously think someone is going to buy your book to find an answer to the question do you?
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

Regards,

Simon
                                Then you would find archaeology extremely troubling.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X