Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

yeah ive always had a problem with phantom suspects too.

Kate said when she first arrived and saw Maddy was missing she noticed the bedroom window and outside blinds open. Gerry said he closed both before police arrived and that the blinds could be opened from the outside. After the police looked at the window, not only did they not find any sign of forced entry, or any kind of evidence of entry through the window at all, it was discovered that the heavy metal blinds locked in place when closed and could ONLY be opened and closed from the inside. Along with the mcanns initially telling the police they kept the doors locked but having to later admit they kept them open we now have a scenario according to the mcanns that an outside abductor somehow went through a window when it wasnt needed because both entrances were left unlocked but also window/blinds that couldnt be opened from tje outside and had no signs of entry, forced or otherwise. With all the changing of stories and discrepencies, no wonder they were made official suspects. suspecthood that by portugese law automatically goes away whenthey closed the unsolved case but infact they were never cleared, which was the last legal ruling made by the portugese Judges in the libel case where the mcanns tried to sue the lead investigator for writing a book which said the mcanns were involved, a case which the judges also threw out, ruling in favor of the lead investigator.

And more odd behavior by the one of the mcanns. when kate discovered maddy missing she immediately ran back to the restuarant screaming Shes gone, theyve taken her! wtf?!?If it was me, my first reaction especially knowing i left doors unlocked is that she got up looking for me again and wandered outside, not that she had been abducted. and if she really thought she had beed kidnapped,shes really going to leave the twin babies alone again when said abductor could still be around?!? Once again no wonder they were suspects and never cleared.
    You do not know how you would react. Kate's reaction to me seems natural in that she was in a blind panic and did something irrational which was leave the babies alone. Panic will do that to you. Judging her on that is scrapping the barrel. As for the shutters this has been proven that they did open from outside. The MET investigation uncovered a series of burglaries at the Ocean Club prior to the McCanns stay where the point of entry was the windows. So that is old news.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
      Refusing to accept the version of the McCanns about the disappearance of their daughter has nothing to do with any fetishes about Covid or any US presidential election. The case is not well past its sell by date since it remains unresolved.

The theory of a phantom abductor remains exactly that, in fact there is less evidence to support it than the theory that Madeleine McCann died in the apartment. Choose which ever adjective you prefer from the list offered on this site: preposterous or ridiculous.

A phantom abductor enters the McCann apartment by exceedingly good fortune since the door is unlocked (their second version of events.) No one sees him. He leaves no trace inside the apartment either, nor does he bother to steal anything, presumably his original motive. He removes the child from the apartment (sedated or unsedated would make little difference at this point) and again is not seen, despite the best efforts of Jane Tanner to claim she saw such an event. He then abducts the child to a place as yet unknown for a purpose as yet unknown. How he does this- on foot or by car- has never been established. As a theory it has not a single scrap of evidence to support it. The speculation monitor is off the radar on this theory.

In short the phantom abductor probably does not exist, any more than any other phantom does. Bruekner is merely the latest in a series of paedophiles connected to the area who has been linked to the crime.
      Just because you dismiss evidence doesn't mean there is none. The window and shutters being open is a key bit of evidence yet you dismiss it. You claim the shutters could not be open from outside yet this is exactly how burglaries were being committed at the Ocean Club in the months prior to the McCanns stay. Jane Tanner's suspect has been eliminated as far as can be reasonably ascertained. This was a British man who in 2007 had told the Police his movements. It took until 2014 for him to be found.

For me the main suspect must be the man seen by the Smiths. Now of course the Smiths had not been suspicious of this man at the time. They had felt he had acted in a natural way. And seeing someone carrying a sleeping child on holidays at night is hardly unusual. However given what we know now and the fact that this man has never been traced he is certainly a person of real interest. Here we have a lone male carrying a blonde haired girl of 3-4 years of age about 400 yards from the McCanns apartment wearing pink pj's and sleeping on the man's shoulder. The time is not certain but it was around 10pm. She was not covered by a blanket nor did she have a jacket of any kind. No one could remember if she was wearing shoes and only Aoife thought she was wearing long sleeves. The others could not recall. The question one has to ask is- at 10pm on a Thursday night why would someone be carrying their young child in their pj's through Luz. Someone who has not been traced to any of the creche's that were being used that night.

Martin Smith later said he had an 80% certainty that the man was Gerry McCann. His reasoning had been his mannerisms on walking down stairs from the return flight to the UK had triggered something for him. None of the other families agreed with his assertion. It could not have been Gerry as he could be placed with others at that time despite what some may say. Smith later withdrew his assertion and the Police felt he had been mistaken. He later came to the same conclusion himself.
      Last edited by Sunny Delight; 05-25-2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• the smith sighting is possibly a genuine suspect/ maddy sighting but it came a month after she disapearred and sounds so close to the tanner sighting (which was proven not to be maddy) that it could be a confusion with that one. plus martin smith was pretty sure at first it was gerry and then later said it wasnt. This witness sighting leaves alot to be desired.

now that being said, there are some that cling to the smith sighting being an actual sighting of Gerry getting rid of Maddys body which is possible also I guess, but i doubt it. If they needed to ditch the body, they had suitcases to carry her in. I doubt, if guilty they would openly carry away her body.

now there is a theory that this is what happened... the mccans were involved and ditched the body before going to the restaurant by putting her in a suitcase and carrying her body out that way, perhaps burrying her in the suitcase in the sand at the beach. only later moving her body again once they rented the car, because they feared she would be discovered and realized that the suitcase could tie it all back to them. which is another scenario of why the dogs alerted to the boot of the car that was rented later.

again, full disclosure, I think the most likely scenario is that an outside intruder, probably an experienced burgler/pedophile abducted Maddie, and i wouldnt be surprised if it was this latest german suspect Bruckner. however, many people still beleive the mccans to be suspects, including the lead investigators and they were never legally cleared as ruled by the judges, and rightfully so.. they should still be viewed as possible suspects until the case is solved.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

the smith sighting is possibly a genuine suspect/ maddy sighting but it came a month after she disapearred and sounds so close to the tanner sighting (which was proven not to be maddy) that it could be a confusion with that one. plus martin smith was pretty sure at first it was gerry and then later said it wasnt. This witness sighting leaves alot to be desired.

now that being said, there are some that cling to the smith sighting being an actual sighting of Gerry getting rid of Maddys body which is possible also I guess, but i doubt it. If they needed to ditch the body, they had suitcases to carry her in. I doubt, if guilty they would openly carry away her body.

now there is a theory that this is what happened... the mccans were involved and ditched the body before going to the restaurant by putting her in a suitcase and carrying her body out that way, perhaps burrying her in the suitcase in the sand at the beach. only later moving her body again once they rented the car, because they feared she would be discovered and realized that the suitcase could tie it all back to them. which is another scenario of why the dogs alerted to the boot of the car that was rented later.

again, full disclosure, I think the most likely scenario is that an outside intruder, probably an experienced burgler/pedophile abducted Maddie, and i wouldnt be surprised if it was this latest german suspect Bruckner. however, many people still beleive the mccans to be suspects, including the lead investigators and they were never legally cleared as ruled by the judges, and rightfully so.. they should still be viewed as possible suspects until the case is solved.
          Yes the Smith family gave their statements 3 weeks after the event. However it is important to note that they were able to pinpoint and remember the night because one of them(the son I think) had an early flight the next day. Receipts from the bar they were in showed that indeed they had been there at 9:55pm. The fact is a lone male, so far untraced, was carrying a young blonde girl around 3-4 years of age, wearing pyjamas at about 10pm, 450 yards from the McCann apartment through the streets of Luz. It may not have been an abductor but to my mind it is the best lead we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post

Yes the Smith family gave their statements 3 weeks after the event. However it is important to note that they were able to pinpoint and remember the night because one of them(the son I think) had an early flight the next day. Receipts from the bar they were in showed that indeed they had been there at 9:55pm. The fact is a lone male, so far untraced, was carrying a young blonde girl around 3-4 years of age, wearing pyjamas at about 10pm, 450 yards from the McCann apartment through the streets of Luz. It may not have been an abductor but to my mind it is the best lead we have.
            Yeah I can pretty much agree with this. Do we know how much the smith sighting man resembles the German suspect Bruckner?
            Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-25-2023, 03:48 PM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Yeah I can pretty much agree with this. Do we know how much the smith sighting man resembles the German suspect Bruckner?
              There are some e-fits based on the Smiths sighting. I wouldn't suggest there is a great deal of likeness to Breuckner in how in looked at that time on photos I have seen. But the Smith's descriptions are below:

Martin Smith: Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.

Aoife Smith: The individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and longer on top.

It should be noted that Aoife was only 12 years old so its a really incredible statement from one so young.

Peter Smith:

The description of the individual who carried the child was: Caucasian, around 175 to 180 cm tall. About 35 years, or older. He was somewhat tanned as a result of sun exposure. Average build, in good shape. Short hair, brown in colour. He does not remember if he wore glasses, or had a beard or a moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details as the lighting was bad.

Comment

• Apart from the fact that the crime scene was messed up, if there was no sign of a break-in, it would hardly be the first time that has happened.

I know personally of a break-in and abduction which were known to have happened, yet the police could find no physical evidence of a break-in.

The police did not make the home-owners, who were the victims, into suspects.

None of the people who have accused the McCanns on the ground that there was no sign of a break-in would like to be accused if they were victims of a break-in of which no physical signs could be detected.

Criticising Kate McCann for leaving her two remaining children alone and becoming hysterical about Madeleine's disappearance really does smack of a holier-than-thou attitude.

Her reaction was normal.

The truth is that, from early on, she was accused of being a liar and even a murderer not because of evidence but because she was disliked.

The arguments in favour of her guilt were then contrived in order to damn her.

I recall one comment on a British Newspaper comments page in which the accuser called for Kate McCann to be prosecuted both for child neglect or abandonment and for having covered up the truth of how she died, manslaughter, or murder.

That woman did not care whether her proposed charges were compatible with one another, so long as McCann was indicted.
                Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 05-25-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
                  Apart from the fact that the crime scene was messed up, if there was no sign of a break-in, it would hardly be the first time that has happened.

I know personally of a break-in and abduction which were known to have happened, yet the police could find no physical evidence of a break-in.

The police did not make the home-owners, who were the victims, into suspects.

None of the people who have accused the McCanns on the ground that there was no sign of a break-in would like to be accused if they were victims of a break-in of which no physical signs could be detected.

Criticising Kate McCann for leaving her two remaining children alone and becoming hysterical about Madeleine's disappearance really does smack of a holier-than-thou attitude.

Her reaction was normal.

The truth is that, from early on, she was accused of being a liar and even a murderer not because of evidence but because she was disliked.

The arguments in favour of her guilt were then contrived in order to damn her.

I recall one comment on a British Newspaper comments page in which the accuser called for Kate McCann to be prosecuted both for child neglect or abandonment and for having covered up the truth of how she died, manslaughter, or murder.

That woman did not care whether her proposed charges were compatible with one another, so long as McCann was indicted.
                  It was rampant misogyny on a grand scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I take strong issue with this statement. I am not holier than thou nor do I pretend to be . But if you think that me mentioning never leaving my daughter alone in a chalet or apartment in the evening while I enjoyed myself makes me sound like that then you are mistaken. What the Mcanns did was wrong , totally and utterly and there is no defending it. If they had taken greater care of Maddie that evening she would still be alive

Comment

It was rampant misogyny on a grand scale.

I am inclined to agree, especially as something so similar - and even worse - happened to Lindy Chamberlain and also because it seems that in both cases, the main target was the mother and not the father.
                      Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 05-25-2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

I take strong issue with this statement. I am not holier than thou nor do I pretend to be . But if you think that me mentioning never leaving my daughter alone in a chalet or apartment in the evening while I enjoyed myself makes me sound like that then you are mistaken. What the Mcanns did was wrong , totally and utterly and there is no defending it. If they had taken greater care of Maddie that evening she would still be alive

I think we are referring to different matters.

I was not referring to Kate McCann's leaving Madeleine alone.

I was referring to her leaving Madeleine's siblings alone immediately after she realised Madeleine was missing.

Comment

There are some e-fits based on the Smiths sighting. I wouldn't suggest there is a great deal of likeness to Breuckner in how in looked at that time on photos I have seen. But the Smith's descriptions are below:

Martin Smith: Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.

Aoife Smith: The individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and longer on top.

It should be noted that Aoife was only 12 years old so its a really incredible statement from one so young.

Peter Smith:

The description of the individual who carried the child was: Caucasian, around 175 to 180 cm tall. About 35 years, or older. He was somewhat tanned as a result of sun exposure. Average build, in good shape. Short hair, brown in colour. He does not remember if he wore glasses, or had a beard or a moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details as the lighting was bad.
                          thanks Sunny
                          I beleive Brueckner is blonde. none of the descriptions say blonde hair. I would think his hair would even be blonder being in Portugal and in the sun for prolonged periods, especially that one of the descriptions of him was that he tanned. The rest seems to be a pretty good fit though.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• There is no ‘evidence’ that anyone came through the McCanns’ apartment window. The PJ had investigated burglaries in nearby properties and would have been well experienced in determining how thieves entered these premises, which in some cases presumably included entering through windows. However in the case of the McCanns they could find no evidence whatsoever that anyone could or did enter through the window.

What is very likely is that guests at the holiday complex were made aware of burglary as a potential problem. This would hardly be broadcast in holiday brochures but no holiday company would keep schtum about burglaries to their actual guests, purely on grounds of self-interest at the very least. So the McCann claim to have left the property unlocked not only defies common sense but most likely advice that was given on arrival.

The Smith sighting cannot be discounted since it is clearly of a male carrying a girl the same age as Madeleine McCann just prior to her being discovered missing. The suspect was around 500 yards from the apartment which suggests to me that he had no means of transport, at least nearby. Since there was a parking area behind the McCanns’ apartment this would indicate that any abduction of the girl was in no way planned by a person leaving on foot. It would also indicate he either had a property or a means of transport in the vicinity of where he was spotted.

Three eye witnesses is better than none, but no one else seems to have noticed this person. Which even in a quiet holiday resort is a little odd. He can’t be accounted for, but then neither was the suspect seen by Jane Tanner until much later. He may be the key to an abduction or a red herring. Since none of the witnesses mentioned him wearing gloves he must have been very careful not to leave any prints as he entered and left the premises.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                              There is no ‘evidence’ that anyone came through the McCanns’ apartment window. The PJ had investigated burglaries in nearby properties and would have been well experienced in determining how thieves entered these premises, which in some cases presumably included entering through windows. However in the case of the McCanns they could find no evidence whatsoever that anyone could or did enter through the window.

What is very likely is that guests at the holiday complex were made aware of burglary as a potential problem. This would hardly be broadcast in holiday brochures but no holiday company would keep schtum about burglaries to their actual guests, purely on grounds of self-interest at the very least. So the McCann claim to have left the property unlocked not only defies common sense but most likely advice that was given on arrival.

The Smith sighting cannot be discounted since it is clearly of a male carrying a girl the same age as Madeleine McCann just prior to her being discovered missing. The suspect was around 500 yards from the apartment which suggests to me that he had no means of transport, at least nearby. Since there was a parking area behind the McCanns’ apartment this would indicate that any abduction of the girl was in no way planned by a person leaving on foot. It would also indicate he either had a property or a means of transport in the vicinity of where he was spotted.

Three eye witnesses is better than none, but no one else seems to have noticed this person. Which even in a quiet holiday resort is a little odd. He can’t be accounted for, but then neither was the suspect seen by Jane Tanner until much later. He may be the key to an abduction or a red herring. Since none of the witnesses mentioned him wearing gloves he must have been very careful not to leave any prints as he entered and left the premises.

it absolutely blows my mind that they would leave their three babies alone and unattended in an unlocked ground level apartment at night in a foreign country with easy access to and from tje road and general public. They even had to leave the resort grounds from their room and walk down the road just to get to the restaurant. especially even after maddie had said that morning.. mommy why didnt you come when we cried last night? like wasnt their danger radar even up at that point?!?!
                              Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-25-2023, 09:30 PM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

thanks Sunny
                                I beleive Brueckner is blonde. none of the descriptions say blonde hair. I would think his hair would even be blonder being in Portugal and in the sun for prolonged periods, especially that one of the descriptions of him was that he tanned. The rest seems to be a pretty good fit though.
                                obviously meant to say.. he was tanned.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X