No announcement yet.

One Kelly family, in Wales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget that Barnett - the sole source for nearly all the alleged info we have about Kelly - did NOT say that her real name was Mary Jane Kelly. If we take in tandem Barnett's statements and early press reports the story that emerges is that Mary Jane Kelly is the name by which she was known in the locality by her neighbours and acquaintances. Barnett however in his inquest testimony is quoted as stating as follows:-
    "Her name was Marie Jeanette Kelly with the French spelling as described to me. Kelly was her maiden name."
    This contradicts the assertion - for which there is no corroboration at all - that the Marie Jeanette form was an affection adopted by Kelly after her sojourn in France as reported by Barnett.
    Barnett's accounts clearly imply that his lover's real name was "Marie Kelly" and NOT "Mary Kelly."

Comment

Is this not the Uncle Jack Mary Kelly?
      “be just and fear not”

Comment

ps the Brymbo one married a man and was still alive in 1891 - i cant recall the man's name right now - Griffiths i think
        “be just and fear not”

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
          Hi Debs,

Thanks for that. It seems that whatever lead is followed with regard to MJK leads to the same place - nowhere!

Regards, Bridewell.
          On a positive note-it's a couple more off the list, Colin!
          Both Brymbo Mary and Llanelli Kelly were traceable right into the twentieth century as maried women-that's somewhere in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Shelden View Post
            Is this not the Uncle Jack Mary Kelly?
            Post #31, Jenni.

Comment

sorry ill move along
              “be just and fear not”

Comment

Hi Jen,
                Sorry if im years behind anyone, but i was reading Chris Scotts book again the other day "Will The Real Mary Kelly", and was wondered if anyones photographed the possible sites of the Kelly families in Flint and in Brymbo; its just round the corner from me.
                Pete

Comment

Hi Warspite

Have you actually been reading the thread? The Brymbo connection has been decisively eliminated.

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X