Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Aaron Koz come to Police attention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Aaron Koz come to Police attention?

It just been pointed out via PM that the Facebook page I'm posting on is 'closed'

So I will repeat a post using a theory originally put forward by Rob House with a photo of the marginalia that claims it was shortly before Andersons return after the double event:

When did Aaron Kozminski first come to the attension of the police?

Well a Anderson is clear and Sawanson underlines, while he was still abroad, and therefore shortly after the Double event.

Mr Kuer in 22 Batty street states “He is a ladies Tailour, working in for a west end house” this is a perfect match for Isac Kozminski “She explained the presence of the blood on the shirt by saying that it was owing to an accident that occurred two another man (other than the one who was in custody) who was living on the premises”

In a news Report Oct 20th Echo, Packer says when asked where the murderer lodged-for he had seen him several times that week “ In the Next Street” We now know that Aaron Kozminski indeed lived in the next street ie Provenance Street and that his other brother ran a Tailoring workshop in Greenfeild street. Isac appears to have been arrested on Saturday October 13th which seems to confirm a second arrest was made the following day as release was OCT 15th. So we can deduce from what Anderson says about blood Stains that Aaron Kozminski first comes to Police Attention on October 14th 1888.

At this time Swanson claims he was one of 80 or so suspects being considered. He appears to go into hiding which explains the stop or lul in the murder and a possible reason for Aaron to change his appearance… But where would Aaron Kozminski get a Silver Watch and Chain?
    Attached Files

Then it can't be the man Henry Cox started observing after MJK.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      Then it can't be the man Henry Cox started observing after MJK.
      I'm not convinced as to the logic of that.

Clearly during October the police are following a large number of leads. From insane medical students to Wild indians, the police are busy.

So if Aaron was released and went into hiding, as is suggested then he is just one of many suspects. Cox says they didn't really get onto anything until after the Kelly murder, and it has to be wondered if its the description given by Hutchinson that Cox is referring too?

So i'd say this date (14th Oct) matches fairly well the accounts given by both Cox and Sagar

Yours Jeff

Comment

Isn't this saying the house to house search was when he was abroad? Are you merely assuming their 'conclusion' was also at that time? Doesn't Anderson need to be around to make a conclusion, or did he make the conclusion while abroad?

Sincerely,

Mike
        The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
        http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
          Isn't this saying the house to house search was when he was abroad? Aren't you assuming their 'conclusion' was also at that time? Doesn't Anderson need to be around to make a conclusion, or did he make the conclusion while abroad?

Sincerely,

Mike
          Anderson wrote the LSOMOL around 1909 so he is remembering what happened. He claims he was abroad while the House to House search revealed 'a blood stained secret'.. I'm suggesting this is a direct reference to Rob House Batty Street lodger theory that Mrs Kuars neighbour told police about a bloody shirt left by a lodger, Rob breaks down the various accounts to reveal that the true story was that of a German speaking Tailor…Yiddish being a type of german.

This is the start of the sequence of events that lead to Aaron Kozminski entering a Private Asylum in Surrey in March 1889..

I believe the ID can be narrowed to a brief window of just a few months and can be traced to a Private Asylum covelesent Home, not the Police Seaside home in Hove, which has never made any sense, particularly to Martin Fido who recently emailed me such..

Yours Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
            Anderson wrote the LSOMOL around 1909 so he is remembering what happened. He claims he was abroad while the House to House search revealed 'a blood stained secret'.. I'm suggesting this is a direct reference to Rob House Batty Street lodger theory that Mrs Kuars neighbour told police about a bloody shirt left by a lodger, Rob breaks down the various accounts to reveal that the true story was that of a German speaking Tailor…Yiddish being a type of german.

This is the start of the sequence of events that lead to Aaron Kozminski entering a Private Asylum in Surrey in March 1889..

I believe the ID can be narrowed to a brief window of just a few months and can be traced to a Private Asylum covelesent Home, not the Police Seaside home in Hove, which has never made any sense, particularly to Martin Fido who recently emailed me such..

Yours Jeff
            Hi Jeff
            If Kozminsky comes to the police attention through the house to house search that involved a blood stained clue on Oct 14-then why no mention of his name for so long after? And why would the apparent ID also take so long?
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

What Henry Cox reported was that he started following the man after the murder of MJK.

Unless you can show continuity that makes your Eddowes suspect a different person.

Cox doesn't suggest the man was followed before.

Comment

I read your answer again and I have another question. Is Kozminski Hutchinson's suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Hi Jeff
                  If Kozminsky comes to the police attention through the house to house search that involved a blood stained clue on Oct 14-then why no mention of his name for so long after? And why would the apparent ID also take so long?
                  Presumably a file was created on Kozminski which has since disappeared.

This was the file MacNaughten referenced in 1894. And Griffiths comments on in 1895.

However the simple solution to why the Murders stop in March 1889. (Also when Woolfe moves to Yalford Street as he has to tighten his belt) Is that the family put Aaron away not the police.

That would explain why the ID takes place and a convalescent Home belonging to a private asylum. Possibly Holloway or Bethlam.

Yours Jeff
                  Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 03-24-2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I read your answer again and I have another question. Is Kozminski Hutchinson's suspect?
                    I don't think it can be ruled out. If Aaron was questioned on the 14thOct he went to ground for some time explaining the delay in the murders. He may have deliberately changed his appearance following Schwartz and Lawendes descriptions.

In Robs book he lists a burglary at Woolfes house where a Watch and chain are hidden under his bed…at the police station the watch is described as Silver…quite a rich prize for poor Eastend Tailors, as would Isacs income of £40 a week described on the following page..

Yours Jeff
                    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 03-24-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Hutchinsons man is age 34-35.

Kozminski was 23.

Comment

Hutchinsons man is age 34-35.

Kozminski was 23.
                        Its a problem. There are many. Schwartz and Lawendes man is closer to 28. Although the height might fit.

That said and somewhere I have a description of Jewish Eastend Taylors going on a march ending in Berner street around March 1889. They are all described as appearing old before their time. This is a stressful environment.

We also have the description of Shabbey Gentiel given by Mrs Long. Descriptions are notoriously poor. Make of them what you will. Are they all describing the same man?

Yours Jeff

Comment

Its a problem. There are many. Schwartz and Lawendes man is closer to 28. Although the height might fit.

That said and somewhere I have a description of Jewish Eastend Taylors going on a march ending in Berner street around March 1889. They are all described as appearing old before their time. This is a stressful environment.

We also have the description of Shabbey Gentiel given by Mrs Long. Descriptions are notoriously poor. Make of them what you will. Are they all describing the same man?

Yours Jeff
                          Another problem is that, while Schwartz and Lawende describe a Gentile, Mrs Long and Hutchinson describe a Jew/foreigner. For them all to have been the same man - and Kosminski - the latter would need to appear Jewish to a Gentile and Gentile to a Jew. Would clothing alone suffice to achieve that end? More to the point, would Kosminski be sufficiently lucid to carry out the deception?
                          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I don't think it can be ruled out. If Aaron was questioned on the 14thOct he went to ground for some time explaining the delay in the murders. He may have deliberately changed his appearance following Schwartz and Lawendes descriptions.

In Robs book he lists a burglary at Woolfes house where a Watch and chain are hidden under his bed…at the police station the watch is described as Silver…quite a rich prize for poor Eastend Tailors, as would Isacs income of £40 a week described on the following page..

Yours Jeff
                            Hello Jeff,

£40 a week! Was he a member of the aristocracy? That would have been an enormous income for the period. To put things into perspective a highly paid clerk working for a stockbroking firm would earn less than £5 per week in 1890: see http://www.academia.edu/3710075/Work...lerk_revisited By further comparison in 1891 the average annual salary of a surgeon was £475.47, and a barrister £1342.60:

Could it perhaps be £40 per year?
                            Last edited by John G; 03-24-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Presumably a file was created on Kozminski which has since disappeared.

This was the file MacNaughten referenced in 1894. And Griffiths comments on in 1895.

However the simple solution to why the Murders stop in March 1889. (Also when Woolfe moves to Yalford Street as he has to tighten his belt) Is that the family put Aaron away not the police.

That would explain why the ID takes place and a convalescent Home belonging to a private asylum. Possibly Holloway or Bethlam.

Yours Jeff
                              Thanks Jeff
                              Regardless of a missing file, which I guess could explain why no mention of his name in the record until many years, then why would the ID still take so long to perform (years?) from Oct 88, when they have his name and a clue?

When are you proposing the ID took place and whats your general timeline re all the events surrounding Kosminski-including his stints in the workhouse and asylum, possible surveillance by Cox, ID mentioned by Anderson/swanson, etc.?

Just let me preface this by saying that I have read Robs book and seen your doc(both which are excellent) and think that Kosminski is one of a handful of suspects that I find viable.

If you could provide a quick thumbnail timeline on your take of the events surrounding Kosminski it would be very interesting and much appreciated!!!
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                              X