No announcement yet.

Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a picturre in Jack of Jumps of Kenneth Archibald the man who confessed to the murders.

Pirate

Comment

I saw Archibald on some web site somewhere but I don't really consider him a "current suspect" since the murders continued when he was in custody.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Ah correct Stan

However if your going to make a complete list of suspects you need to consider how wide you wish to spread your net..

And also consider if all the victims (as you have already pointed out) were committed by the same person.

Wasn't Bulldock himself suggested as a suspect?

Anyway i'm happy to exclude Archibald, just thought him worth consideration, he did confess after all.

Thanks for the pictures Stan. Keep up the excellent work

Pirate

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I was just thinking of the "suspects" we had on our old list plus the recently added Jones. The only old ones I could remember were Butler, Cushway, Ireland and Mills. I haven't found any pics of Ireland, Butler or Cushway but thought perhaps someone else had.

Stan Reid

Comment

I did notice that Archibald and Jones were essentially the same age so evidentially the police didn't have a problem believing that the killer could be a man that old.

Stan Reid

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	JtSPoliceSketch.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	654586Police suspect sketch

Stan Reid

Comment

Your forgetting Vincents 'BBC' suspect and Stewart Evans ' the man who went to Australia' suspect?

and I'm sure they're more names that have been suggested.

Did James Morton suggest some other names?

There is also the two guys that went off with (think) Francis Brown and Blonde Beryl.

My old brain is going..i have some sought of summer cold

Pirate

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I didn't forget those but can't very well look for a picture if I don't have a name. Did we even determine that Evans' suspect wasn't one of the individuals who I did list above? Like I said, I don't remember any other names if there were any. I'm ready to learn more if there are others.

Stan Reid

Comment

Re. Bob Hinton's critisism.

I am very suprised at Bob Hinton's critisism of my book 'Every Mother's Nightmare-Abertillery in Mourning(note full title) Many newspapers and B.B.C. Radio Wales gave brilliant reviews, plus I haven't had one complaint from any of the 1300 people who bought my book and in fact dozens of people have congratulated me on a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
                      I am very suprised at Bob Hinton's critisism of my book 'Every Mother's Nightmare-Abertillery in Mourning(note full title) Many newspapers and B.B.C. Radio Wales gave brilliant reviews, plus I haven't had one complaint from any of the 1300 people who bought my book and in fact dozens of people have congratulated me on a job well done.
                      Hi Neil

And welcome aboard. This is a very small thread on the out back of casebook. But we do have some posters interested in the Hammersmith Nude murders..which is an unsolved crime.

If you are the author of this book we would welcome your opinions. I'm afraid I'm a little rusty on the case. Its been a while. But I have given it some serious consideration in the past..and Stan knows his stuff...

Bob Hinton is a respected 'Ripperologist' and is taken seriously on casebook.

Possibly more seriously than we'd take the national press or even the BBC.

We are people who spend out lives looking at this stuff..(who said geek? come out and explain yourself!)

Seriously Neil, if you have something to add on the case, Stan and I will take you seriously, and be interested in what you have to say..

So please do join in....

Our interest is in 'who committed the crime'

And my interest (having worked with Hannah Taifords family) is giving the families some rest..

All the best

Jeff

Comment

Yes, welcome Neil.

I did write a crime magazine article that included a portion on this case but the publication ceased printing two months before it was scheduled to run.

Anyway, on another thread, I noted that this case and the Boston Strangler were happening at essentially the same time. Wonder if each killer might have followed the other's case.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan

I just did a quick check on James Morton. Morton dismisses any claim that Freddie Mills was the Stripper..his other suspects were Ireland and Tommy Butler..

I'd forgotten that Morton also includes another victim not listed by anyone else, Susan Smith. Went missing middle March 1965. She spoke with a slight sutter and was known as "Goldie'

However Morton dismisses Elizebeth Figg.

The only evidence against Freddie Mills, were rumours of a suicide note at Hendon College...never produced..And accounts supposedly given to Michael Howard by the gangster Billy Howard..nothing has ever been confirmed.

So our list is starting to come together.

Pirate

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Yes as I recall, you mentioned that additional victim on the old pre-crash thread. Thanks for refreshing my memory as to her name and the rest.
                            Last edited by sdreid; 08-13-2008, 04:28 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

P.S.

Looking at that police sketch - no wonder the guy had to pay for sex.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                I noted that this case and the Boston Strangler were happening at essentially the same time. Wonder if each killer might have followed the other's case.
                                Sounds like an idea for a movie.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X