Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
    Hello Garza!

I dare say, that the best artists have made her face about as close as one can with modern methods.

Here is one example from youtube:

The story of Mary Jane Kelly. Mercedes Marie: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MY5ZCE6 Mary Jane Kelly, youngest victim of Jack the Ripper, facial map and rest...

One trouble is: Where to look for real relatives? I mean, she was so clever in covering her tracks, that no-one will ever know for sure about her real life.

All the best
    Jukka
    Don't be sure.

A genetic profile of MJK could be entered into a genealogy program such as ancestry.com, I have done so and found relations I never knew I had!

Doing this with MJK would be tricky because we do not know her real last name. But if we can identify individuals that are closely related to her via genetics and work on their family trees we could zero in on her family and name. Its 1888, for genealogy its not that far back.

Still need a tiny bit of luck though.

There is also programs which can now with only using a DNA profile can now computer generate an actual face of said person.

All we need to do is locate the position of the skeleton in the graveyard - which is admittingly the hard part. But the skeleton (providing it has not be ground into dust) should be identifiable due to the horrific things that were done to her body.

Comment

Hello Garza!

Indeed it would be an ideal situation to get as far as you are saying. Then MJK would be somewhat de-mythologized and the other victims might get more space in common memory.

It would also show which one of us has been closest with our theories about her face and origins.

But it would definitely demand another independent check. When you think how many 'final solutions' there has been about JtR's identity.

Then; if the real MJK doesn't support mrs. Cornwell's theory, what will she do?

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hello you all!

One simple question to you all on this thread:

Are there any records about how tall Elizabeth Weston-Davies was?

I mean, Mary Kelly was 5'7"(=170,28 cm), which is the height of an average LVP man.

So, if there is a match with the height, that increases the credibility a lot... Even before exhumation.

All the best
        Jukka
        Last edited by j.r-ahde; 10-31-2017, 06:02 AM.
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
        X