This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi jimarilyn

I think he was more likely knackered from a long stint at the dog track!

Comment

• "Mentals Only Hope" at Slough. Shortly before he got to Marsh Lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by theodore View Post
        There are several who know of his whereabouts on this forum.

If as a lot of people seemt to think he got away with murder.

Does he deserve not to be bothered by a couple of questions?

Even if he does regret it.

There is a reason I cannot say why I want to talk to him.

tc

steven

Hi Theodore/Steve,

'People may seem to think he got away with murder' but he was never charged and as such is innocent in the eyes of the law. Therefore, he is not obliged to answer any questions.

However, it is a free country and you are quite at liberty to seek him out if you wish. I don't know where he lives but I imagine a register of voters for London might be a good start.

Good luck

Limehouse

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
          Hi Larue,

Once again many thanks for rescuing so many of the posts from the original thread. Browsing through some of them I noticed that posts 471 to 480 are missing, did you by any chance save these particular posts ?

regards

Jimarilyn
          hi Jimarilyn

to the best of knowledge, i posted all that i had saved, up till the time the server crashed. there were probably many posts that i had not saved at that time. when i get a free evening i will check again to see if i have missed anything.
          atb

larue

Comment

• If ya' find him, see if you can get some DNA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              I don't know where he lives but I imagine a register of voters for London might be a good start.
              Hi Limehouse

I don’t think he is on the electoral roll, which is not really surprising given that he keeps a low profile these days.

KR
              Steve

Comment

• Hi

An often overlooked or forgotten episode occurred on the day of James Hanratty's unsuccessful appeal (Tuesday March 13th 1962). A very brave, elderly, slightly built female stood up and shouted (from the crowded public gallery) "It is not true. He didn't do it. You ought to ask the conductor on the 36 bus." She carried on with her passionate protestations until all the judges had left the court.

It seems that nobody had the foggiest notion who this elderly woman was. She must have had very just cause to stand up in such intimidating surroundings and risk ridicule from all around her to voice her powerful feelings on the matter. Did she personally witness someone putting the Enfield revolver under the back seat of that bus ? Did she know the conductor/conductress of that bus or was she privvy to some information known only to a few ? This is all so very tantalising. remembering that the murder weapon was found so very quickly just one day after the murder.

Comment

• For all we know she might even have been the mother or aunt of the conductor/conductress in question !

Comment

• Another Unexplained Mystery

Hi jimarilyn

This episode is yet one more totally unexplained mystery from the A6 murder case. Nothing was ever discovered about the woman or the reason for her outcry, as far as I am aware.

However, bear in mind that even for her merely to be there proves that she had more than a passing interest in the case. I think we would all like to have known a lot more about this particular outburst from the gallery.

Kind regards,
                    Steve

Comment

• Here's a right profile photo of James Hanratty. Unless he was wearing a wig there's no way that his hair could be brushed and slicked back as Valerie Storie described her attacker's hair.
                      Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-16-2008, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Hi jimarilyn

Where's the picture gone? It was there when you first posted, now it has disappeared!

The picture you posted was one taken of the waxworks effigy of Hanratty, and clearly biased by the whole case publicity.

KR
                        Steve

Comment

• Here's a seldom seen photo of Alphon, again with his hair brushed and slicked back, obviously the style he favoured above all others. When Valerie Storie was face to face with her attacker (for however brief a period she claims) she must have seen that his hair was brushed/slicked back for her to compile her identikit picture, which is uncannily like Alphon and not a bit like Hanratty.Her attacker must have removed the triangular shaped handkerchief (which was masking the lower part of his face) by the time they stopped for petrol, otherwise the petrol pump attendant would have been alerted. She must have subsequently had a number of opportunities to snatch a look at his face through the rear view mirror. She only saw his face for a few seconds when the headlights of a passing vehicle lit up the car ?? I hardly think so.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
                            She must have subsequently had a number of opportunities to snatch a look at his face through the rear view mirror. She only saw his face for a few seconds when the headlights of a passing vehicle lit up the car ?? I hardly think so.
                            The driver gets to look in the rear view mirror. Miss Storie was in the passenger seat and couldn't see the back seat using the mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              Hi jimarilyn

Where's the picture gone? It was there when you first posted, now it has disappeared!

The picture you posted was one taken of the waxworks effigy of Hanratty, and clearly biased by the whole case publicity.

KR
                              Steve
                              Hi Steve,

Don't know where that disappeared to. You posted the waxworks one
                              previously (the Kirk Douglas lookalike) and they are definitely not the same.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I think you edited it out in the previous post, somehow (mystery of the Casebook attachments system!) but the same image is with your latest post. This isn't the picture I had previously posted, provided to me by Granger, but I believe it is still an image of the waxworks Hanratty.

(I hope you follow that, I'm struggling and I wrote it!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X