Black Museum May Be Opening To Public Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Museum May Be Opening To Public Soon

In the face of budget cuts, talks are underway between the Metropolitan Police and the London Mayor's Office to open Scotland Yard's Black Museum to the public.

Best regards,
    Archaic

New Scotland Yard Sold to Foreign Investors

There was a related news item a couple of weeks ago that I discussed with Rob but I think I was too busy to post it, so here it is: New Scotland Yard has been sold to Abu Dhabi investors for £370 million.

(But at least they don't get the iconic sign.)

Best regards,
    Archaic

PS: I thought the original story had said that New Scotland Yard was being leased, but this BBC report says it has been sold. Since it's BBC and not Daily Mail, presumably they are correct.

Comment

That'd be cool.

Could also be a nice little money earner if done right.

Thanks Archaic.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Imagine all the macabre little nick-nacks they'd sell in the museum gift shop!
        - Ginger

Comment

I was thinking about this proposed idea of opening the Black Museum to the public.

Has anyone raised objections?

Anyone in the police, govt, or possibly relatives of victims?

Thanks,
          Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            Yes, deathmasks, vials of poison, leather aprons, Ripper postcards!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
              Can the families of the various criminals involved in the crimes displayed demand a small percentage on the sale of the nick-nacks based on their weapons or evidence from their trials?

Comment

Working...
              X