No announcement yet.

The GSG: The Jews Are No Good @#$&)*%!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GSG: The Jews Are No Good @#$&)*%!!

Thinking about the GSG today. For the sake of argument let's assume that Stride's killer wrote it and that he had a particular axe to grind against the Jews having been interrupted by the B.S. man and having been seen by Lawende and for other unknown reasons. Now since he took the time to write it and assumed some risk doing so even if small wouldn't you think that the message would be a lot more venomous and hateful especially if fueled by adrenaline from his recent kill? Now it is possible that in his mind it was incredibly nasty and insulting but to me it sounds like he was almost trying to be politically correct. Does anybody else see an inconsistency here?

c.d.

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Thinking about the GSG today. For the sake of argument let's assume that Stride's killer wrote it and that he had a particular axe to grind against the Jews having been interrupted by the B.S. man and having been seen by Lawende and for other unknown reasons. Now since he took the time to write it and assumed some risk doing so even if small wouldn't you think that the message would be a lot more venomous and hateful especially if fueled by adrenaline from his recent kill? Now it is possible that in his mind it was incredibly nasty and insulting but to me it sounds like he was almost trying to be politically correct. Does anybody else see an inconsistency here?

c.d.
    Because he didn't want to make it too obvious it was a gentile trying to shift blame on the Jews. Some clueless police almost fell for it but yet again abberline set them straight.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hello Abby,

How do we know it wasn't a Jew who wrote it?

c.d.

Comment

Hello again Abby,

How did Abberline know what it meant?

c.d.

Comment

Hi All,

Bear in mind that the GSG started life as the BSG.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Hi All,

Bear in mind that the GSG started life as the BSG.

Regards,

Simon
            Are you sure that wasn't just due to confusion in early reports, perhaps before it was commonly known that two murders had been perpetrated?

Comment

Hello Abby,

How do we know it wasn't a Jew who wrote it?

c.d.
              Because I think it unlikely a Jew would disparage another Jew either with the graffiti nor the shout of lipski.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hello again Abby,

How did Abberline know what it meant?

c.d.
                Because he was smart.

And was boots on the ground.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Because I think it unlikely a Jew would disparage another Jew either with the graffiti nor the shout of lipski.
                  Except that we don't know for sure whether it was actually Lipski that was shouted. And it is not improbable that a Jew might have written the GSG to put the police on the wrong trail.

As for Abberline, I have no doubt that he was quite smart and competent and yes he was there at the time but unless he himself wrote it he would only be guessing as to its meaning.

c.d.

Comment

Perhaps Jack the Ripper was C of E who appreciated Michael Friedlander and read Baruch Spinoza.
                    If he knew of Kate's escapade as "nothing",the GSG takes on a different meaning.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

If Jack was Anti Semitic why didn't he actively seek out Jewish women to kill

Comment

c.d.
                        I've always thought that the graffiti was rather tame for an antisemitic attack. That's why I never really bought into Mr. Fido's theory that it was a disgruntled punter who'd been ripped off by a Jewish trader. I would expect something like that to be a lot more venomous than some vague scrawl about Jews not taking responsibility. Then again, I don't know what the other antisemitic graffiti was like back then to compare it to. Either way, it's always worth bearing in mind that the GSG might well be a complete red herring.

Comment

c.d.
                          I suppose you have to take into account time constraints and the materials he had to hand.
                          10 minutes, a piece of chalk and a brick?..You are hardly gonna scribble out War and Peace are you?
                          So he thought..."I'll make it succinct and to the point...while trying to avoid the double negative"...So scrawled it out

Then about a mile further up the road..suddenly thought

"Bugger!"

Comment

Working...
                          X