Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think could solve the Ripper case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grabbit View Post
    Love the idea of Columbo speaking Magyar.
    "I'd just like to say sumth'n... annyira azé nem kéne elszállni a múlttól, mer az önmagába semmit nem ér, inkább teperni kéne h a jövőben képesek legyünk vmi nagyra".
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I can just see George Dixon catching Jack in the act and exclaiming "allo, allo, allo, what's going on here then?"

Columbo would be good as a victim. Jack disembowels Eddowes and goes home. Five minutes later Eddowes taps on his door and says "There's just one thing that bothers me."

Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple wouldn't solve the case but would put an end to the attacks. Inevitably she'd dress herself as a streetwalker and offer herself as bait. This would put the fear of God into Jack and force him to take up stamp collecting instead.

Comment

Lilly Rush- after all, it would be the ultimate "Cold Case," with "Only a Violet I Plucked from Mother's Grave" playing in the slow motion final scene.

Or if superheroes count, it's BATMAN all the way!
        (Or V from "V for Vendetta," though he wouldn't so much "solve" the case to where anyone would get to hear about it, he'd just encounter Jack while stalking the same alleyways and put an end to him while reciting some appropriate Shakespeare.)
        Last edited by kensei; 02-16-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Poirot - before he was private.
          "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mort Belfry View Post
            Poirot - before he was private.
            Hi,

I think that MI6 would get involved and the man the British would most likely send on a mission of this importance would be their agent James Bond.

We could only hope that Monk would be on vacation in London to lend a hand.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

The Victorians had their own Bond.

"The name's Bond, Thomas Bond. Licensed to kill (I'm a doctor)."

Comment

Columbo for me,hed know whod done it within a few hours and then hound JTR while he worked out how he escaped etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ianincleveland View Post
                  Columbo for me,hed know whod done it within a few hours and then hound JTR while he worked out how he escaped etc.
                  LOL, Ofcourse Columbo would be on to the Killer straight off. He would follow Jack around "Just one more question Sir" that would be funny.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

It's got to be Inspector Monkfish:

He'd have stopped Jack before he could start by getting every potential victim to put her knickers on and make him a nice cuppa.

John Actor is Inspector Monkfish, the tough, uncompromising cop, (Coming soon to the BBC in a brand new drama series). He shouts and points and tells women t...

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Last edited by caz; 02-18-2009, 05:30 PM.
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Del Boy and Rodney, dressed as Batman and Robin!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

How about Roscoe from Dukes of Hazzard ???

Hed most likely blame the Dukes and let JTR off

Comment

The trouble is, Colombo's too good. He'd have caught Jack straight after Nichols. You'll notice that nearly all the TV tecs have to let several people die before the answer hits them - normally as a result of something their wives say to them while they're eating dinner. Colombo's an exception.

Comment

As a big fan of Columbo,the format of knowing who the killer is but watching Columbo work out how he did it fascinates me,Columbo has one main advantage that he wouldnt have dealing with JTR in that in every Columbo case the victim and killer were at least known to each other in some capacity.

To the best of our knowledge JTR murdered strangers.

But i certainly think Columbos methods would have unnerved JTR as Columbos reputation went around the East End

Comment

I'm trying to think of someone but I can't seem to get past that whole Scully in a corset image. Of course knowing the X Files it would probably be Mulder.

c.d.

Comment

Ellery Queen would have solved it, but Simon Brimmer would have got the wrong man with great elegance and style.

Comment

Working...
                                X