Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Really Is Libellous!!

Maria has just posted post number 65

"if Shannon hates her mother it is because this little girl was being mistreated by her mother,"

There is absolutely not one scrap of evidence to support this outrageous claim, and this from a woman who insists that no one say a bad word about the McCanns without cast iron evidence!!

Comment

Bob Hinton:

Keep the insults to a minimum when my thoughts clash with yours.

The great difference between the British police and the incompetent Portuguese police is that our police FOLLOWED ALL THE LEADS.

They followed the lead of the neighbour who reported a child´s voice in a house where everyone knew there were no children in the house. THAT is the major difference which led to the happy outcome.

The Portuguese police IGNORED ALL THE LEADS. See the difference ? and this is why the policeman in charge of the investigation was DISMISSED FOR HIS INCOMPETENCE.

I hope you can get that. More clearly than that I cannot put it to you. Comprende ?

-Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        Morning Maria,

Having lived in Dewsbury for over a year, I was attracted to the case of little Shannon, and know the area, and many of it's people well.

It is a former pit town, with several mills which closed forcing many of the locals into unemployment.

Add to that a growing influx of Asians, (parts of the town are asian only) and tensions become stretched.

In the area were I was fortunate to work, which was only minutes from Shannon's mums house, the community was so close nit every night at the pub was like a family party, with little or no trouble. I worked at the only pub on the estate, which became packed every night.

When the girl went missing people will begin to draw comparisons with the Mccann Case, and draw their own conclusions, but several statements regarding the Shannon Case bugged me,

Several of her school friends, saw her crying and upset, these were the last people to speak to her.

Then there was the graffiti which she had written at her mums house stating she hated her mum, and wanted to be with her dad.

Then there was the statement made that she had run from home before and even had a little den she had built to escape to.

Then we have the neighbours of the accused who saw the girl the day after everyone else, and did nothing about it.

The neighbour who heard a girl laughing but did nothing of it.

It was only the third neighbour who heard a little girls footsteps and reported it, as the accused had, had both his children taken from him.

The police stated that Shannon was under a Police Protection order, from who? They have their man don't they??

When something happens in a community like that, everyone knows about it.

Bob Hinton:

Maybe before you start shouting: Libel, libel. You would do well to read what Mike has written above where he says that Shannon told her friends that she hated her mum.

This is NOT a statement made by myself, but it comes from a newspaper report that Mike read. We don´t know what really happened between Shannon and her mother but the truth is, that the little girl was not handed back to her mum as that would be the natural thing to do, so there must be a GOOD reason why the police put her into a protective order. For any child being with her mother is the best place to be... unless there is something wrong. That is common sense ! Can you not see it ???

-Maria

Comment

Nice to see you back Bob! and Maria aswell.....although I have to agree with Bob on this one, how on earth can you have a conflict of opinion all on your own Maria!.........You are happy,as we all are, to see Shannon back safe and sound and quite rightly the tone of you post against him demonstrates this.Yet we don't see Maddie back and you seem to feel the treatment of the very people who may hold the key to her dissappearance unfair,and feel the Portuguese police were incompetant.The McCanns seem to suffer the same conflict of opinion as you,as they promised 100% co-operation,then refused to answer questions.Now they have been given the privacy they requested to go away and grieve in private,they are back to threaten to sue the press,the press that gave them front page backing that was in their favour.Until the press sensed the feeling of the country was swaying away from the McCanns.The ordinary folk of this land,the very people who criticised and suprised our Monarch when Diana died,by their power of opinion.Doesn't matter what the press report,people make up their own minds.And the people would like to see this couple answer up to something they feel they may be hiding.

Comment

Maria Makes It Up Again!!!!

Hello Anna,

Many thanks for the welcome. I'm afraid that you are wasting your time trying to get any sense out of Maria; she just makes up what she wants and ignores facts. Take her recent tirade against me in post No. 70:

Maybe before you start shouting: Libel, libel. You would do well to read what Mike has written above where he says that Shannon told her friends that she hated her mum.

Now this is a straightforward statement, according to Maria, Mike posted that Shannon told her friends that she hated her mum. No wriggle room that’s exactly what Maria wrote. Of course when we actually see what Mike wrote we find it completely different. Nowhere does Mike say that Shannon said she hated her mum. What he wrote was:

Then there was the graffiti which she had written at her mums house stating she hated her mum, and wanted to be with her dad.

Of course in Maria World graffiti turns into speech – she’ll have Jack the Ripper standing around in Mitre Square telling everybody about the ‘Jewes’ instead of possibly scrawling it on a wall. She also doesn’t seem to know the difference between Mike stating in his post:

Then there was the graffiti, which she had written at her mum’s house stating she hated her mum, and wanted to be with her dad.

Which is nothing more than a comment, hating someone is not a criminal act and therefore not libellous and her stating as fact:

"if Shannon hates her mother it is because this little girl was being mistreated by her mother,"

Which of course is stating that her mother committed a criminal act by abusing her child, which is libellous. But once again in Maria World the facts don’t matter!

She also has a very strange attitude when it comes to the McCann case. She roundly condemns everyone for relying on newspaper reports, but when it comes to her she feels free to make up the most ludicrous nonsense. Again from post 70.

“The Portuguese police IGNORED ALL THE LEADS. See the difference ?”

This of course is blatant nonsense as was proved recently with all the furore about bucktooth man. The papers and the McCanns were screaming that this was a great lead and why weren’t the police following it up – they are incompetent etc. When all the shouting and screaming had died down it was made known that the PJ had in fact traced this chap and dismissed him from the inquiries many months ago.

Still if you can don your best anti-garbage trousers Maria’s posts do make comical reading!!

Comment

More nonsense from Bob Hinton

Bob

About Shannon. If you are following this case closely... you would have noticed that Shannon´s mum complained that she found it strange her daughter had not been re-united with her but Instead, she is being held under a PROTECTIVE custody. This means, for her PROTECTION. Get it ?

In all cases where people have been held as hostages, the first thing these hostages want to do is to embrace their families. That is normal. Haven´t you noticed that this the first thing hostages do when they step down the plane ? If you had been kidnapped wouldn´t that be your priority ?

The fact that this little girl has not been re-united with her mother has to do with what the little girl must have told the police about her mother and the man who abducted her. That is not clear for you is it ?

-Maria
              Last edited by Maria; 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

If that was the case Maria

Would her mother be allowed to visit Shannon briefly as she did on Saturday?

Would her mother be allowed to walk free, surely she would be pulled in for questioning, even if its only a chat?

As for the lible,

These were statements made to the press by family, friends, and officials, i was simply quoting. Your allegations of lible should me made against those who initially made the comments.
                Regards Mike

Comment

Maria Gets It Wrong Yet Again - There's A Surprise- Not

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                  If that was the case Maria

Would her mother be allowed to visit Shannon briefly as she did on Saturday?

Would her mother be allowed to walk free, surely she would be pulled in for questioning, even if its only a chat?

As for the lible,

These were statements made to the press by family, friends, and officials, i was simply quoting. Your allegations of lible should me made against those who initially made the comments.

I think you’re wasting your time here Mike expecting to get any sense out of Maria. She is well known for making outrageous statements without anything to back them up. When caught out spouting such rubbish, as she frequently is, she just ignores the facts and carries on.

She still hasn’t grasped the basics as regards libel. Even if you, off your own back said that Shannon hated her mother that would not be libel because hating someone is not a crime and therefore cannot be prejudicial to that person’s character.

What Maria did was to state that:

She is therefore accusing Shannon’s mother of child abuse which is a criminal offence and therefore prejudicial to that persons character and is actionable in Law. To blather on about how she came to that conclusion is neither here nor there. Her statement is libel, and if she doesn’t remove it and apologise for it pretty swiftly she might find herself on the wrong end of a lawsuit.

Comment

Bob:

It is a matter of sour grapes with you isn´t it Bob.

With that lack of logic no wonder your book is so bad, and it was not worth keeping so I gave it to Oxfam with a pile of other books that are not good. Actually it would have been excelllent for winter fuel.

But thank you for sending it free of charge at least I did not have to waste good money in buying it.

It would be better if you quote me from what I said rather than just add or substract words from the original text. Typical of you !

-Maria
                    Last edited by Maria; 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I actually read that Sutton Publishing had sold all of Sir Bob Hinton's book, can't be that bad!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Mike:

Well so you think he made super millions with this book then ? I think not. Bob should stick with his day job.
                        I doubt he has made enough to retire on.

Bob did not quote my words he just made them up with whatever he thinks I said.

In the past he used to call me " Dear Maria " when he was trying to convince me to side with him in a debate on guns where Stan obviously won. Not all the Dear Maria´s in the world made me support his fascination with guns, so he has been sour with me ever since.

-Maria
                        Last edited by Maria; 03-17-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Life In Maria World

Dear Mike,

As you will have now noticed when Maria doesn’t get her way she just reverts to the behaviour of the playground. She accuses me of miss-quoting her but if anyone cares to check you will find I cut and paste her words, (including any spelling mistakes) so how I can miss-quote someone by using their own words is beyond my.

The book she is referring to was my first book, From Hell. That took a little longer to get reprinted but it did go to a second edition.

The reason I don’t answer or talk directly to Maria any more is that she referred to me as a ‘fanatic who supported murder’ and until I get an apology she is a non-person to me.

It’s interesting though how with every post you can see how she manufactures her own version of events. For example you posted:

I actually read that Sutton Publishing had sold all of Sir Bob Hinton's book, can't be that bad!(No 25)

She immediately responds with:

Well so you think he made super millions with this book then ? (No 26)

Now I’ve searched your post above and I can’t find any reference at all to how much I’ve made from the book. And yet clever Maria has managed to construct another fairy story around what is a perfectly innocuous sentence.

Ah well that’s life in Maria World!!

And finally another classic Mariaism

It would be better if you quote me from what I said rather than just add or substract words from the original text. Typical of you !

Uh subtracting (I presume she means subtracting, if not I’ve no idea what substracting is) words from a text is what we educated people refer to as ‘quoting’.

Comment

Michael Donovan is appearing at Court today,

BBC News Covers the story,

Sky News Covers the story,

Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Oh Bob, I hope you won't mind if I quote you for my new signature:

"If you can don your best anti-garbage trousers Maria’s posts do make comical reading!!"

I think that's truly inspired.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

A New Signature Is Born

Originally posted by caz View Post
                                Oh Bob, I hope you won't mind if I quote you for my new signature:

"If you can don your best anti-garbage trousers Maria’s posts do make comical reading!!"

I think that's truly inspired.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Honoured my lady.

Comment

Working...
                                X