Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Belinda,

To which case are you referring?

BTW, I started a thread over on jtrforums about Texarkana. I think there's one here too or at least there used to be.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi That's the Margery Wren one.

I'll go and check out that Texarkana Thread

Comment

Ah yes thanks, I'd forgotten that name. Many accounts don't even mention him. I'm sure he was thoroughly checked - I hope so anyway.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          And back in London, does anyone know anything about the murder of Dorothy Wallis? She was a 36-year-old spinster who ran an employment agency and was found beaten to death in her business. I believe it was in the late 40s like maybe 1946. To my knowledge, the murder was never solved, am I correct? Supposedly an unknown man had answered the phone when a call was made to the office the evening before and the suspicion is that this person was the killer.
          I now believe this murder occurred in 1949. Does anyone know any more about this case?

Stan Reid

Comment

Just as far out on the limb and also in 1931 another woman was killed in the north. This was Evelyn Foster who was a single business woman who worked alone. Evelyn was, however, a young woman and she was burned rather than beaten.
            I should probably mention that there's a theory that she accidentally set herself on fire while trying to burn her car up for an insurance payout. There was never any motive shown for this. Her business was good and she had no debts to speak of. She stuck to her story even knowing that she was dieing.

Stan Reid

Comment

Stan,
              I believe that during those years,probably early ro mid fourties,there was a murder of a landlady in Liverpool.Robbery was given as the motive.

Comment

Even now the FBI speculates as many as 30 undetected serials in the United States. We have much more of a clue than early 20th century investigators, and yet the possibility of multiple repeat killers exists in modern America. It does not strike me as implausible at all. Without specific knowledge of the crimes, I would say yes the possibility exists. That being said, people love to observe patterns. Very often they do so when none exists, Respectfully Dave
                We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing more about that one Harry.

Regarding patterns, yes, they can be like constellations.

Stan Reid

Comment

Just as far out on the limb and also in 1931 another woman was killed in the north. This was Evelyn Foster who was a single business woman who worked alone. Evelyn was, however, a young woman and she was burned rather than beaten.
                    I should mention that some think a man named Ernest Brown confessed to this murder on the gallows in 1934 when he was about to be hanged for another slaying. His statement was unclear.

Stan Reid

Comment

Brown murdered the husband of a woman with whom he'd been having an affair. He shot the man then burned him in the victim's car.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                        I believe that during those years,probably early ro mid fourties,there was a murder of a landlady in Liverpool.Robbery was given as the motive.
                        During the 1920s, we had a landlady serial killer both here in the U.S. and in Canada named Leonard Earle Nelson. He was hanged in Canada in 1928 for one of the last of an estimated two dozen murders.

Stan Reid

Comment

Stan,
                          Just reread this thread.I cannot recall from memory,it being so long ago,and I cannot find any reference on the internet to the particular crime,but I did hear a rumour as to a person claiming responsibility.He was a serving soldier,attached to the regiment I served in.I remember his name.I do believe military personnel were interviewed.
                          Regards.

Comment

That's interesting Harry

Stan Reid

Comment

Stan,
                              This person was known to be agressive and violent.He was a loner with no known friends.Incidently I met him one evening in an out of bounds area where we were stationed,and with a group of Canadian merchant seamen were involved in a rather hectic confrontation with local people.Luckily we both managed a safe disengagement and return to camp.Those were the days.

Comment

Hi Harry: Is this guy still living?

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X