Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenter Court (Tenter Street Spitalfields)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there is a photo looking through the arched entry from the north....I have it somewhere, but God knows in what book..Got it! p14 'Images of Lost London' English Heritage paperback..full page photo....Which I can't scan.......

Comment

Originally posted by Steve S View Post
      I'm sure there is a photo looking through the arched entry from the north....I have it somewhere, but God knows in what book..Got it! p14 'Images of Lost London' English Heritage paperback..full page photo....Which I can't scan.......
      Is it the one that is about 3/4 of the way down on this site, Steve?

Comment

That's the one!

Comment

Here is a blitz map. Fortunately, it isn't interactive - I don't want my hand blown off.

Explore the London Blitz through our website. Discover London during WW2 bombing raids, exploring maps, images and memories. The Bomb Sight web map and mobile app reveals WW2 bomb census maps between 7/10/1940 and 06/06/1941, previously available only by viewing them in the Reading Room of The National Archives.

Comment

The Booth police notebook entry for 17/3/98 describes Tenter Court as being on the west side of Tenter Street 'not shown on map, 3 cotts, 2 st , very narrow, being rebuilt.'

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
              Is it the one that is about 3/4 of the way down on this site, Steve?

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/07/...-spitalfields/

Thanks guys, that's great!!!

Comment

Working...
              X