Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Elamarna 20 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Elamarna 24 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Joshua Rogan 24 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Joshua Rogan 43 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Sam Flynn 47 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Sam Flynn 1 hour and 4 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (78 posts)
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - (16 posts)
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A 20th Century Word Processor - (5 posts)
Maybrick, James: Too Sensible & Competent - (4 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Was Whitechapel really any worse than other areas of London? - (3 posts)
Witnesses: Pearly Poll's Husband - (3 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Other Mysteries

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1361  
Old 01-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Harry D Harry D is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisa View Post
Websleuths is the best one imo. They don't really allow anyone to post accusations about intruders anymore (especially suspected people who have already been investigated by the police). The theory has long since been thoroughly explored and discarded.

Now the posts are related to the psychology of the family and who did what.
Nothing has been proven in this case, so for Websleuths to ban an open dialogue about all possible scenarios is pretty narrow-minded if you ask me.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1362  
Old 01-26-2017, 12:34 PM
louisa louisa is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Nothing has been proven in this case, so for Websleuths to ban an open dialogue about all possible scenarios is pretty narrow-minded if you ask me.
It would seem that way to those who have not truly studied the case in depth.

They have already spent years on the intruder theory - looked at all the suspects and looked at the evidence from every angle and have come to an obvious conclusion. There probably seems little point in continuing to go round in circles with it.

They basically solved the crime (as did the Grand Jury) and now the discussion is mainly about the psychology of it all. They will discuss new evidence if and when it presents itself.

If you want to talk about intruders you can go on the nutcase's own website Topix, or just stay here and talk to Wicksy.
.
__________________
This is simply my opinion

Last edited by louisa : 01-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1363  
Old 01-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Pcdunn Pcdunn is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,618
Default

Burke Ramsey may sue CBS for television documentary, court says.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/06/medi...ary/index.html
__________________
Pat D.
---------------
Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
---------------
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1364  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:05 AM
Harry D Harry D is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcdunn View Post
Burke Ramsey may sue CBS for television documentary, court says.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/06/medi...ary/index.html
Burke is everyone's favourite for JBR's death, with the parents covering it up, but I'm not convinced this was an inside job. Burke striking JBR in a petulant rage, that I can see. However, what comes after that: the brutal garroting and signs of penetration, this isn't the behaviour you would associate with a prepubescent boy. And I can't see the parents staging such a crime scene to cover up their daughter's death. Pretending she fell down the stairs or slipped in the bath? Sure. Yes, there are rare cases of children committing sick crimes (Jamie Bulger's killers, Mary Bell etc.) But psychopathic children like that are a law unto themselves. They have undeveloped self-control and are easily caught. But Burke Ramsey never cracked under questioning from the police or the grand jury, and was returned to school by his complicit parents not long after JBR's death. He has also since gone to live a relatively normal life without incident.

The problem, however, is the ransom note. It stinks to high heaven of Patsy Ramsey's penmanship. Either Patsy wrote it, in which case, she must have been covering for someone, or it was written by an intruder with some kind of developmental issue. Because what kind of intruder writes practice notes before rambling on for 2Ĺ pages? So, the nature of the murder suggests an intruder rather than a family member, but ironically the ransom note incriminates the family.

Forget about William Herbert Wallace (he did it), this is the true unsolvable case.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1365  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Burke is everyone's favourite for JBR's death, with the parents covering it up, but I'm not convinced this was an inside job. Burke striking JBR in a petulant rage, that I can see. However, what comes after that: the brutal garroting and signs of penetration, this isn't the behaviour you would associate with a prepubescent boy. And I can't see the parents staging such a crime scene to cover up their daughter's death. Pretending she fell down the stairs or slipped in the bath? Sure. Yes, there are rare cases of children committing sick crimes (Jamie Bulger's killers, Mary Bell etc.) But psychopathic children like that are a law unto themselves. They have undeveloped self-control and are easily caught. But Burke Ramsey never cracked under questioning from the police or the grand jury, and was returned to school by his complicit parents not long after JBR's death. He has also since gone to live a relatively normal life without incident.

The problem, however, is the ransom note. It stinks to high heaven of Patsy Ramsey's penmanship. Either Patsy wrote it, in which case, she must have been covering for someone, or it was written by an intruder with some kind of developmental issue. Because what kind of intruder writes practice notes before rambling on for 2Ĺ pages? So, the nature of the murder suggests an intruder rather than a family member, but ironically the ransom note incriminates the family.

Forget about William Herbert Wallace (he did it), this is the true unsolvable case.
Hi harry d
When everything about a case is confusing, doesnít make any sense, and motive is unclear, the only alternative is to look at the evidence and see who it points to.
In this case, however bizarre, all evidence points to patsy RAMSEY. Therefore, as hard as it is to accept, the conclusion one comes to is that patsy was the one sexually abusing her and killed her.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1366  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,911
Default

However, even though I lean toward patsy as the killer, I would be remiss if I didnít say that I donít rule out an intruder. And the dude who killed himself is a good bet on that angle.

Its always seems to be the two opposing camps, the intruder VS the family theories. However, I have recently become intrigued by the theory that it was kind of mix of the two.. Iíve heard it called the insider theory. That it was someone who knew the ramseys intimately and was in there house on a regular basis, either as a friend or a worker. And the best bet of these IMHO was their maid.

She had recently had a spat with patsy on being lent money, and had apparently asked patsy and or her mom and odd question... arenít you worried someone will kidnap your daughter because sheís so pretty? Also she would have intimate knowledge of the house, their habits, when theyíre gone. Probably could have found paperwork that had johns bonus amount.

My thinking is that she, Her husband and or someone they hired to do it started out as a kidnap for ransom , but whoever actually went in the house at some point got angry, and or sexually aroused and ended up killing her.

This scenario could actually explain a lot.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.