RIP Eric Sykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Eric Sykes

The boom has finally come in to Scapa Flow.

Sad when your childhood favourites pass away.

I always thought that Eric Sykes would have made a good Matthew Packer..

Regards, Jon S.
    Last edited by Wickerman; 07-04-2012, 09:14 PM.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Yes there is a good resemblance there, Jon.

Comment

Just as well he wasn't, as there might've been even more confusion over the Ripper's Hat...

Comment

the plank, Its your move,

Hello all,

Part of the 2nd, and most famous version of The Plank, an Eric Sykes creation, was filmed a few roads from where I lived in Teddington during the 70's.(The timber yard) The same for one of the follow up films Its Your Move, (Hampton Hill).
          Eric Sykes was so respected by fellow comedians that he had no trouble convincing them to join in the mayhem for this series of 'silent' films. Mr H is Late is another in the series.

Eric Sykes was deaf during the last 15 years of his life, and almost blind during the last 10 years or so! Neither stopped him working.

RIP Eric. Heaven is a funnier place today.

Respectfully

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

Great comic writer. I was in a shop a couple of years back and saw his autobiography. I just flicked the pages to see what it had on the Goons. Eric told a story about one of the scripts he wrote. As far as I can recall, the story went that everyone was saying "No, this won't work." Eric insisted. After the recording, when he asked how it went, they said it was one of the funniest Goon shows ever.

Comment

I saw him on stage, years ago -in 'The Mousetrap'...it was total crap...but I remember Eric being good...
              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Great comic writer. I was in a shop a couple of years back and saw his autobiography. I just flicked the pages to see what it had on the Goons. Eric told a story about one of the scripts he wrote. As far as I can recall, the story went that everyone was saying "No, this won't work." Eric insisted. After the recording, when he asked how it went, they said it was one of the funniest Goon shows ever.
                Hello Robert,

At the end of the road near Teddington studios was a pub that the comedians gathered in. (Benny Hill had a flat in the same road). Sykes was often seen in Teddington High Street shopping- as were many others. (my friends Dad owned a fruit and veg shop just yards away from where a known Ripperologist has his business now) and some of those stories of the comedians popping into the shops after a drinkee poo are hilarious.
                Jim Davidson tells a brilliantly funny story about a round or two in the pub involving Tommy Cooper, a Rolls Royce, the need for a leak and the police. I cant find it on you tube tho.

I will see if I can get hold of my friend and ask him for any Sykes moments.

Best wishes

Phil
                Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM.
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Thanks Phil, that would be good.

Comment

If they play the funeral right, at the graveside the pallbearers will swing the coffin round, and knock the clergyman into the grave...cue a Benny Hill chase scene...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                      If they play the funeral right, at the graveside the pallbearers will swing the coffin round, and knock the clergyman into the grave...cue a Benny Hill chase scene...

Dave
                      Hello Dave,

I think the Mr H is late scenario would be best.

Best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                      X