Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lee Harvey Oswald Kill Officer J D Tippit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Robert

Putting aside your suggestion that we concentrate on one piece of evidence at a time, a good suggestion by the way, permit me to ask you who you think was responsible for the assassination of J F Kennedy, and officer Tippit?

regards

Observer

Comment

Hi Observer...Thanks for the question. After all my years of study I wish I could tell you that I think this group or that pulled off the assassination. I do know that there are people who have the energy and smarts to dive through that morass and they have done some excellent research. I sort of-have regulated my self to being a 'foot soldier' in the study. I concentrate on the three murders that weekend.
      So I do not feel that I'm copping out, I think that funding may have been oil, and the ever popular cia-cuban operations on the ground. There were a lot of fingers on that trigger that day. And a lot of fingers reaching for a chance. Don't forget the thwarted attempt in Chicago, just weeks before.
      As far as Tippit..There are enough turns to his story as any in this subject. I do not believe that Oswald shot him. One thing I do know. Once Tippit's killing was broadcast over the police radio Dealey Plaza emptied of most of it's law enforcement personal. Investigator's ..run away, run away!
      Thanks again Observer...Robert

Comment

There's a certain amount of historical evidence that lone gunmen (knifemen, rockmen, whatever) are barking mad, and the triggermen in conspiracies are not stable by any means, but they aren't crazy.

Charles Guiteau was a complete nutter. Zangara, Czolgosz, Amir, Moore, Fromme, Byck, Hinkley, Bremer, all completely out of their minds.

John Wilkes Booth was an alcoholic, but not mad. Princip was pathetic, but not mad. James Earl Ray was as dumb as a brick, but not mad. Stauffenberg was crippled, but not only was he not mad, he was nigh heroic.

Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't crazy. Unbalanced, yes. Violent, sure. Unpleasant, absolutely.

Historically speaking, that means conspiracy. Not necessarily a CIA/Mafia/Cuban conspiracy. More like a bunch of ex military guys stockpiling weapons in a basement kind of conspiracy... not really dissimilar to the Lincoln Conspirators. But the assassination trend does point to an organization rather than an individual.
        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Everybody did it -- but Oswald?

I don't know where to even start to disentangle all this mythologising?

Let me take this angle to try and show that because Oswald was some sort of leftist (though not a normal Red, eg. quietly attending meetings, organizing strikes, and such like) we have this plethora of conspiracy 'theories' which try to incriminate elements of the extreme Right.

Arthur Bremmer shot Wallace but did not kill him. A right-wing figure was the target, and Bremmer had no politics.

Sue enough there are no grand conspiracy theories, even though taking out Wallace secured Nixon's handsome re-election in 1972.

Let us take the Reagan near-assassination of 1981.

The mentally-disturbed John Hinckley was born to wealth, and flirted with the American Nazis. So, a Republican family's kid who mixes with the extreme Right shoots the right-wing President Reagan?! Because he loves an actress?

Isn't that all a bit suspicious?

Apparently not, because Conspiracy Buffs are either leftists or flirt with leftist theorizing, so there are no conspiracy theories about that terrible incident -- plus Reagan and Hinckley survived.

I think that if the initial expectation had been met, that the assassin was a Bircher or a Klansman, who killed JFK to prevent the 'mongrelization' of America, or other such vile hysteria, the official verdict would have been not only accepted but fervently embraced.

But I will give the Dallas Buffs this.

Quite inadvertently they have denied Lee Harvey Oswald the one thing he so desperately craved and essentially gave up his life for: the notoriety that he killed JFK -- that he was a World Historical Figure who bravely threw a gigantic monkey-wrench into the capitalistic death-machine.

Instead the Buffs have reduced the authentic assassin to the inconsequence of a 'patsy'; a poor, powerless doofus who was framed by much more important people and all-powerful organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
            JFK = Accidental Death? It's certainly original!

Was the gun accidentally pointed at him, or just accidentally fired?

Regards, Bridewell.
            Well the theory (which in my opinion is sound) is that when Oswald (or somebody) fired from the TBR the cars in the cavalcade accelerated forward. Behind the presidential car there was a secret service man, armed with an AR15 standing in the rear of a following car, as the cars sped forward this man was thrown off balance and accidentally triggered the shot.

There is some interesting reading here.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/medical.htm

Comment

... and here

http://www.jfklink.com/articles/EmoryRoberts.html

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you say Errata. There is some serious research into Gen. Edwin Walker, (yes that one), and the right wing, and Texas oil, that is interesting. Paul Trejo and Jim Root are two names of researchers that come to mind. If the assassination planners wanted the shooting to be placed on Castro's doorstep, They really were not worried about more than one gunman being found out about. As long as they had LHO roped up and tied as the pro Cuban-commie assassin. If people thought that there were more than one shooter, all the better. "Let's get the basta**s, Their probably sipping palm wine in Havana.." But alas, sometime even the best cover-ups need to be covered up.....Robert
                ps..You're family connections to Dallas are really neat!

Comment

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...n-mortal-error

Comment

Hi Jonathan H.. In post number two, you refer to Oswald carring an oblong package to work. Would you please tell me who said this. Which witness said Oswald was carrying an oblong package?

Comment

Comment

Oswald?

Originally posted by Tel View Post
                        Whoever that is in the doorway, I don't think it's Lee Harvey Oswald. Hairline's too high for one thing.

What is the significance of Johnson's Secret Service detail opening the car door?
                        they are in a position to see what's happened a split second before, whereas Kennedy's detail is facing outwards - as they probably should be. Nothing suspicious there IMHO.

Regards, Bridewell.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Ultimate conspiracy theory

In post number two, you refer to Oswald carring an oblong package to work. Would you please tell me who said this. Which witness said Oswald was carrying an oblong package?
                          Ah, but you see, Oswald, secretly, was actually 102 years old in 1963, and the oblong package was probably either a shiny black leather case or a newspaper parcel...

All the best

Dave

Comment

The man in the doorway is Bill Lovelady. He id'd himself and others on the stairs id'd him also. This horse is beyond beaten. It is not LHO.
                            Hi Bridewell, The behaviour of the secret service in Kennedy's detail is extremely questionable, from the night (or early morning) before through the trip back to Washington. On Elm street itself, from the actions of Greer and Kellerman to the calling back to the Queen Mary of any agent ready to jump off and run towards the limo. Jackies agent, Clint Hill did run forward and his original testimony is interesting.....Robert

Comment

Except that Bill Lovelady has been proven (and admitted) to have been wearing a shirt with vertical stripes, fully buttoned, on the day. That pig won't fly either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                                Ah, but you see, Oswald, secretly, was actually 102 years old in 1963, and the oblong package was probably either a shiny black leather case or a newspaper parcel...

All the best

Dave
                                You know Dave..If we find a suspect for Jack with three names, like all serial killers and assassins have we may be onto something. I'm working on an idea that instead of chicken bones being found on the sixth floor, it was really the remnants of a fish and chip dinner--paper wrapping and all
                                The best to you....Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X