Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The walking stick presentation annotations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The walking stick presentation annotations.

So read the presentation in the case at Bramshill, Hants.

"The Whitechapel murders".
    The Whitechapel Murders in 1888, commonly known as the 'Jack the Ripper' murders, took place in London between August 31st and November 9th.
    The officer in charge of the investigation was Inspector (later Chief Inspector) Fredetick G. Abberline and this stick appears to have been presented to him by his team of seven detectives at the conclusion of the enquiry.
    Whilst the murderer was never identified, it is known that Inspector Abberline favoured the theory that the ripper was a Dr. Alexander Pedachenko or Ostrog, an alleged Russian anarchist living in the London area at the time, and the head of the stick may well be based on his features.
    The stick was found amongst the possessions of ex-Chief Indpector Pirnie (Dorset and Bournemouth) by his son, Commander Ian Pirnie, R.M. [sic; sc. RN] and presented by him to the college.
    Chief Inspector Pirnie served on the directing staff from March 1950 to December 1953."

According to the A-Z... Ian Pirnie was invited by Bramshill to "draft a revised annotation to replace the original inscription".

Why Pirnie himself should write the draft is a little baffling..as I am unaware that he had any particular knowledge of the case itself. The presentation of the walking stick to the college was in memory of his father.

However. I ask something that I have been searching around for without success.

Exactly what did the new "draft" say?

The old annotation presentation has the look of being lifted straight from Donald McCormicks book (the paperback version of which came out 4 years before the stick was presented).. but conversely MAY have been written by Peter Underwood who claims in his book "100 years of investigation" that it was he who found the walking stick. If so..the annotation is explained easily as he too was pushing Pedachenko as the killer.

Either way. I would like to know if anyone does know. .the replaced annotation from 2006.

Thank you. ☺

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
    X