X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Ally has found the link to Chris's one man play :

http://www.casebook.org/diversions/f...oodshadow.html
    I'd never read that before, but it is one fine piece of writing. Thanks Rob, and Ally, for finding it.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

My Painting of Wentworth St I sent to Chris

I have just been speaking with a dear friend of Chris who is looking after his effects.It was about a picture Chris told me he liked very much and as a result---and in return for a vast amount of help Chris had given me regarding some research I was doing on Thomas Cutbush at the National Newspaper archives in Collindale which Chris transcribed in full i.e. all five full page ,age damaged feature stories claiming Thomas Cutbush was the Ripper and carried by the Sun Newspaper nearly 120 years ago…it was no easy task but one of the many many marvellous pieces of research he was involved in.Anyway I got to know Chris via the telephone and considered him a dear friend and I think he enjoyed talking with me-especially about the identity of Mary Kelly----
      I am posting a picture of the painting which is of the corner of Wentworth Street and Middlesex Street on a foggy November night Cheers x
      Attached Files

Comment

Lovely picture Nats. I'm sure Chris enjoyed looking at it.

Comment

Thanks Robert.I know he liked it and I hope it gave him some pleasure .

Comment

So sad to read this. I am one who Lurks & Learns, so post little over the years but have learned so much, and going through all the excellent podcasts in order, my favorite guest was always Chris Scott. I appreciated his general tone of intelligence and research of the facts mixed with a sense of curiosity; asking the right questions rather than having to provide all of the answers. An example worth following. Huge loss.

Comment

Chris Scott

That's devastating.
              I'm a newby, and one of the things that drew me to registering was Christopher Scott's contributions. I didn't know until listening to the most recent podcast yesterday, where this was mentioned. Without ever having the chance of exchanging a single word, I'm nevertheless touched by this. A very sincere, modest, moral and thorough man, as one can clearly hear in every podcast, and see from the work he posted.
              Maintaining this integrity, as best as possible. Keeping to use him as a tutor.

Comment

Since your French is perfect, dear Chris...

Je n'ai appris la nouvelle que ce mois-ci. J'en suis encore ému et immensément triste.

Chris était un chercheur de première force, mais avant tout, comme beaucoup l'ont rappelé, une magnifique personne, un parfait gentleman. Un être bienveillant, au sens le plus fort de cet adjectif.
                J'ai pu mesurer son talent, sa passion pour la recherche et son sens du partage lorsque j'ai publié ici un long article en français sur Henry Moore. A peine l'avait-il lu que Chris en donnait une traduction tout simplement parfaite.

Je suis d'autant plus sensible à sa disparition que Chris a été emporté par le même mal qui m'a enlevé Lydia en septembre dernier. Je sais par où il est passé. L'espoir. La greffe. Les promesses non tenues de la médecine. Les jours d'isolement en chambre stérile, avec interdiction d'embrasser ses proches.

Maigre consolation : celle de l'avoir fait éclaté de rire, un jour, sur son lit d'hôpital, avec un de mes posts à la noix...

Je vous remercie tous pour vos hommages. Je vous ai lus avec autant de plaisir que de tristesse, et je joins mes pensées et mes prières aux vôtres.

Je remercie particulièrement Robert de nous avoir transmis les mots si justes et si touchants d'AP.

Adieu, mon cher Chris, adieu.

David

Comment

missed

Hello Sepiae. Welcome to the boards.

Yes, Chris was both a class act and a crack researcher. He is sorely missed.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Just realized I forgot to recall Chris invaluable research on Joseph Fleming.
                    We owe him the Stone records.

Adessias, Moussu Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by sepiae View Post
                      That's devastating.
                      I'm a newby, and one of the things that drew me to registering was Christopher Scott's contributions. I didn't know until listening to the most recent podcast yesterday, where this was mentioned. Without ever having the chance of exchanging a single word, I'm nevertheless touched by this. A very sincere, modest, moral and thorough man, as one can clearly hear in every podcast, and see from the work he posted.
                      Maintaining this integrity, as best as possible. Keeping to use him as a tutor.
                      Welcome, Sepiae, and much thanks for this.
                      You are so right and your words are particularly moving.

Comment

I do not know him but read a lot of his posts. You can sense he was good-natured and just want to learn things in good spirit. Part of me think if only people are like him things/debates/etc would be better. His researches already did.

Condolences.
                        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                        M. Pacana

Comment

He was a gent

Dave

Comment

Thank you, Serya & Sepiae, for posting about the effect Chris' passing had on you both primarily through his participation on Rippercast. I think I speak for all of those who had a chance to talk with him, in most instances for a few hours at a stretch, in such a personal format as the recording of the podcast, that we all grew much fonder of him because of it. I know I did, and I miss him terribly.

JM

Comment

I liked that Chris was very logical in his approach to ripperology and shared everything he found. He never hoarded information. He was a role model.

Mike
                              huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X