Suggestions for upcoming Rippercast episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for upcoming Rippercast episodes

Here are a few topics I thought would make for interesting Rippercast episodes
    1)Suspect James Kelly
    2)James Maybrick and the diary(let the fun begin)
    3)The panel discussing their favorite JTR books(maybe their top 3)
    4)An episode focusing on why these series of crimes are so fascinating to us.To me the Ripper crimes and the Zodiac crimes are totally fascinating.I think it's the whole whodunit scenario.
    5)An episode on other famous unsolved crimes.I think this has been kicked around before.
    Let me know what you think of my suggestions and I would love to hear some others.

I agree on the topic of James Kelly. Kelly is the subject I have been the most interested in whether he was Jack or not. It would be great to hear you guys and gals focus on Kelly, a suspect who I feel many don't know much about.
    Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Comment

I would like "The Trial of Jack the Ripper" where they have a guest each putting forward a Prominent suspect and a 3 Judge panel announces the verdict on who based on the evidence is the murderer.

As mentioned above James Kelly is a must at some point.....and regrettably (although I'm sure it will be fun) "James Maybrick : The 'Journal' of Jack the Ripper"
      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by sbfightfan View Post
        4)An episode focusing on why these series of crimes are so fascinating to us.To me the Ripper crimes and the Zodiac crimes are totally fascinating.I think it's the whole whodunit scenario.
        I think you should save this idea for a special occassion, like the anniversary of the site or something.

Probably go with James Kelly for the next episode.
        "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

I would love to have an accesment of Jacob Levy as a suspect - how much can be verified and what is pure speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
            I would like "The Trial of Jack the Ripper" where they have a guest each putting forward a Prominent suspect and a 3 Judge panel announces the verdict on who based on the evidence is the murderer.

As mentioned above James Kelly is a must at some point.....and regrettably (although I'm sure it will be fun) "James Maybrick : The 'Journal' of Jack the Ripper"
            Well really theyd all have to be found Not Guilty as theres no overwhelming evidence against any of them,just a lot of (in some cases VERY) circumstantial evidence

Comment

What about some 'police official specific' episodes? We have had individual podcasts on suspects, for obvious enough reasons, but while it wouldn't solve anything (do the suspect ones really hope to?) surely a detailed look at the lives and careers of people like Swanson, Macnaghten, Anderson or Abberline for example would be of interest to many with a more socio-historical interest in the case as a whole?

Inevitably there are some, ahem, pitfalls inherent with a lot of the names above which could easily swallow a whole podcast, but I'm sure Jonathan could steer people in the right direction!

Comment

I'll second the police as a great subject, and I'd like to make my own:

Medical Examiners and Forensic Pathology
                Since, I'd love to have a piece covering the autopsies and medical examiners. There is a wide latitude of discussion possible, from the wider career and character of an individual like Dr. Bond, to a rundown of actual involvement in the Ripper case, to a discussion of what were the the capabilities of forensic pathology at the time. I'm sure there are confusions and debatable conclusions in their official statements.

I'd welcome any and all approaches.

"From Hell"
                I'm one of those who has a soft spot (for lack of a better term) for possibility that the "From Hell" letter might authentically be from the Ripper, following the lines John Douglas took on the subject. However, I sense that public opinion has been moving toward the conclusion that it's a fake from a medial student or corpse supplier. I'd love to hear a good discussion of the evidence and theories, more than really came out in the Rippercast covering the letters in general.

As much as, or more than, those signed with variations of the famous moniker, "From Hell" is worth exploring even if the conclusion is that it was a hoax. It's as worthy as anything chalked on a wall in Goulston street of it's own Rippercast.

Comment

Snoo, what in the hell makes you, or anyone else believe that the 'From Hell' letter is a fake?

Comment

Snoo, what in the hell makes you, or anyone else believe that the 'From Hell' letter is a fake?
                    I said I believe that there is a reasonable possibility of the Lusk Letter being from the murder. I'd like to know why other's believe it's fake... or genuine. That's why I suggested the topic.

Comment

Hi snoo. That subject's actually been discussed to death and is relatively simple to answer. The medical opinion was that the kidney portion could not have come from Eddowes, and there was nothing in the letter that suggested it had to have come from the killer, therefore there's really nothing to support it having come from the Ripper.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

The quality of medial opinion of the time is worth discussing in light of the the character of the examiners, specific circumstances of the case and modern experience.

By all means let Rippercasts forcusing on new material, but "dead horse" subjects such as the graffiti have also made enjoyable and useful programs. Touchstones on a topic.

It's because of, not in spite of, the incredibly voluminous discussions on the minutia of the Ripper case that I've read over the decades that makes me welcome the focused discussion of topics such as the Lusk Letter on Rippercast.

Comment

If it hasn't already been done, a podcast involving a qualified doctor to discuss the many medical issues involved in the case, would be welcome. The trouble is, docs seem pretty thin on the ground when it comes to Ripperology.

Comment

You know what I'd love to hear? An interview with Philip Sugden. Perhaps SPE could put Jon in touch with him. It's highly unlikely that Sugden would do it, I know, but wouldn't it be wonderful!

Comment

One who definitely deserves a one-on-one interview is Donald Rumbelow. Also, even though most serious Ripperologists disagree with her conclusions, I'd be willing to listen to Patricia Cornwall to see what she had to say. She should at least be given the chance to have her opinions heard.
                              I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Working...
                              X