Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't the Police copy the message correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't the Police copy the message correctly?

Hi,

Why was it that a simple thing like copying a message written on a wall to your notebook was such a hard job for two members of the police force on the night of the double event?

To this day we have no idea if the Ripper wrote the message. We also don't understand the message and what it actually means. But, in truth, we don't even know what was actually written. The two police officers (Sorry, I forget their names), as you are all aware, wrote down two different things. The word Jews/Juwes and the word 'not' in a different place. (Could there have been other mistakes?) Seriously, how hard was it for them to **** something so simple as this up?

It just seems incredible to me that they couldn't even agree on something that seems so basic. I actually don't believe the Ripper wrote the message, but having been reading a lot recently I am seeing a common theme; that the police of that time weren't totally clueless and inept. But when I think back to this incident it doesn't fill me with confidence that they could ever catch a cunning and clever murderer when they failed in writing down a few words from a wall.

Was there any reasons given as to why they cocked this up?

Thanks

Are you sure of this?

I thought they both wrote the same thing, but one of them misquote it at the inquest.

But I could be wrong.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

My guess is that it's double cockney and in trying to 'correct' it, they wrote down what they thought it 'should' say, rather than what it did say.

Arnold confirmed Long's version.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Working...
      X