Ripperologist 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supe View Post
    Cap'n Jack goes by the alias A.P. Wolf but just who are the Yankee dollar bitches in this case is best left to his febrile imagination. Like most cranks, he is best ignored.
    You're probably right, but when I saw his post I couldn't resist making a facetious comment.

Comment

G'day Hunter!

I reckon that pretty much answers that, eh? LOL. Yes, I am Australian, and no, we don't ride kangaroos around town.....

Good to see Cap'n Jack resurface here....

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack
        Personally I just love it when you yankee dollar bitches fall out wiv one another.
        Actually, our respective editors told Adam and I that we'd get extra Yankee dollars if we mudwrestled on the Casebook. Since we're just in this for the money, we said 'what the hey!' Seems to be working out great. Glad to have you as a cheerleader, AP.

Originally posted by Adam Went
        This whole 10 minute gap thing is a MYTH. An absolute, utter, contrived MYTH.
        LOL, I don't know where you get this idea. But okay. My point is that you didn't address this in your article and explain this to your readers, who were probably confused because in most previously published accounts of Mortimer it says 10 minutes and includes the additional details. I wasn't faulting you for your conclusion - as misguided as it is - but for your choice to omit information in order to lead your readers to your foregone conclusion.

Tom, you and I both know that isn't accurate. You didn't even know I was writing an article, for a start. I'm not getting into a "he said, she said" argument over it, it's just not accurate - nice attempt at the whole "I'm the good guy in all of this" though.
        I'm of course refering to the Stride threads at jtrforums, where you were leading a discussion that included many of the points discussed in your article. We debated these very subjects, such as Mortimer, and you included not to follow up on these sources and include them in your article. That's just weird to me.

As for "twat"....take a look at what you've said to me! Accusations of not caring about history, deliberately avoiding facts, etc....things that cut pretty deep for someone who does take their research seriously. "Twat" is minor in comparison.
        I was just reacting to your surprising statement that getting minor details correct is not important to you and that you would knowingly call someone by the wrong name because you think some might find their true surname offensive (or Christian name, if you're 'Fanny' Mortimer). If I offended you, I'm sorry, but you did leave the impression to anyone reading your words that historical accuracy is not what you're after. But then again, maybe you were just having fun with me and getting my dander up. Hard to tell with you Aussies sometimes!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

"Twat" is minor in comparison.
          At least you're no longer putting the ***** on a pedestal.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

As I said I just luv it when you girls start lathering each other over the heads wiv yar handbags... my advice? Put a brick in it.
            From my knowledge and experience of the Ozzie nation I can say they like a drink, and they luv a truth.
            Tom wouldn't shout if a shark bit 'im.

Comment

The truth AP? Thats a novel concept for you.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

At least I write novels... are you the one who drives a cab and claims to be a magistrate? Or are you the one who pushes supermarket trolleys around Tescos and claims to be a Turnip? Or are ya that yank who claims he doesn't have a computer, or is on the internet but posts on here at blinding speed wiv his erudite and laughable nonsensical whimsies?

Comment

No, Im the drunkard that sits on an island spreading falsities and corrupting the weak minded under the guise of 'The truth guru'.

I see you false God.

Ive trolleys to push....a far more honest trade.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

Leicestershire has an island? And there was little ol me thinking it had only cheese.

Comment

• And Pork Pies.

Thats Cockney rhyming slang you know....wait, what am I saying.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

• This is better than Rutland Weekend Television

best wishes

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                        Accountability? ....

Comment

• Tom:

LOL, I don't know where you get this idea. But okay. My point is that you didn't address this in your article and explain this to your readers, who were probably confused because in most previously published accounts of Mortimer it says 10 minutes and includes the additional details. I wasn't faulting you for your conclusion - as misguided as it is - but for your choice to omit information in order to lead your readers to your foregone conclusion.

The newspaper report which states 30 minutes (which is the same paper of the same day that included the statement of Israel Schwartz, I might add) is there in the public domain for anybody to see for themselves. It's not me trying to omit or distort information in any way, it is there. The fact is, that even if the 10 minute gap were true, which it isn't, Mortimer still missed key events and key witnesses and is therefore not a reliable source of information.

I find it fascinating that you would accuse me of spreading falsities with the sources I used when you are doing exactly the same thing! But, I won't say too much more on it until I see your full letter.....

I was just reacting to your surprising statement that getting minor details correct is not important to you and that you would knowingly call someone by the wrong name because you think some might find their true surname offensive (or Christian name, if you're 'Fanny' Mortimer).

Definitely not, if there is information to be had which proves that there was a different spelling of somebody's name, then I will gladly use that spelling. Is there census record proof that the spelling was infact Diemshitz?

And yes Tom, there was a tinge of sarcasm in my "Fanny" Mortimer comment....

Cap'n Jack:

From my knowledge and experience of the Ozzie nation I can say they like a drink, and they luv a truth.

You've got it in one. Good work.

Cheers,
                          Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                            Is there census record proof that the spelling was infact Diemshitz?
                            Hi Adam,
                            One of the sources Tom was talking about is online at the TUC history website. It's a printed balance sheet of the Great Strike of East London tailors dated 1889.

Diemshitz's name appears about a quarter of the way down under the 'income' column.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went
                              if there is information to be had which proves that there was a different spelling of somebody's name, then I will gladly use that spelling. Is there census record proof that the spelling was infact Diemshitz?
                              LOL. You read Chris Scott's thread. And incidentally, census records are NOT the place to look for correct spellings. In this instance, there's much better documentation, one piece of which was just pointed out by Debs, another by myself earlier. You gonna keep asking for more or are you satisfied? Regarding Mortimer, you're way off base. Ask your editor, Chris George.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Debra:

Thank you for that.

Tom:

As I've said before, if there is accurate documentation, then I will gladly accept that the correct spelling is Diemshitz. My point is and has been all along that when the article was written, the ONLY spelling I knew of was Diemschutz, and that was the spelling in the sources I used as well. That's really all there is to it.

Cheers,
                                Adam.

Comment

Working...
                                X